You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

People need to stop getting so hung up on his position. When he plays on the right, it's nominal anyway, he spends as much time in the middle. Instead of having a striker who can drop into midfield when things get competitive we are using Henderson to do that from the right. Quite clever really, although nothing new of course.

When he did well yesterday, it was from the right and most tellingly it was when Bellamy switched over to that side and through his clever running and passes gave people options that weren't there before. Once we have a settled right side, which will require a new first choice striker partnership, he will get better again

People need to stop getting so hung up on his position. When he plays on the right, it's nominal anyway, he spends as much time in the middle. Instead of having a striker who can drop into midfield when things get competitive we are using Henderson to do that from the right. Quite clever really, although nothing new of course.

When he did well yesterday, it was from the right and most tellingly it was when Bellamy switched over to that side and through his clever running and passes gave people options that weren't there before. Once we have a settled right side, which will require a new first choice striker partnership, he will get better again

Well I agree about the parts you mention concernign last night.

My point was there have been times where hes started off playing wide right and looked diabolically bad.

But almost every time hes been positioned more centrally he looks very promising.

I don't think you can dismiss the whole positional argument so easily. If hes allowed to tuck in more central even if out right then yes he looks good. But when hes given instructions to keep out wide it just doesn't work.

Think he's done alright so far.

I dont think people could have realistically expected much more of him, but the problem with that is, if you are playing in a midfield role for Liverpool, you are expected to make things happen, consistantly. Looked to me like he's started to come abit more into his own lately, he tries more constructive things rather than keeping it simple all the time, which i felt he did from the beginning. And that's only right i guess. As he gets more experience and more confidence he'll only get better. It's clear he has alot of football in him, good technique, good first touch, good passer, good engine and a decent enough shot on him. The signing makes more and more sense for me even though it'll be quite some time before we see the real benefit of it i think.

Well I agree about the parts you mention concernign last night.

My point was there have been times where hes started off playing wide right and looked diabolically bad.

But almost every time hes been positioned more centrally he looks very promising.

I don't think you can dismiss the whole positional argument so easily. If hes allowed to tuck in more central even if out right then yes he looks good. But when hes given instructions to keep out wide it just doesn't work.

IMO I don't think he's ever played solely "out wide", he's constantly adjusting. When he's looked bad, for me, it's been because the whole right side is not yet on the same wave length. When Johnson, Lucas and Suarez are all on the same page you will see the best of him. He's not someone who excels in 1 on 1s, he'll exploit patterns of play though and it'll take time for those four to learn how to get the best out of each other.

With Bellamy switching over to the right you immediately saw our lopsided left become our lopsided right, to me that was telling. Once Lucas can get the ball to him as well as Adam serves up Downing and there are options Johnson or otherwise ahead of him, I'll think you'll see a big uptick.

I think he's an outstanding prospect and am fully confident that he'll become a great player for us. He had a good match last night and he is at his best in central midfield imo but I believe he's a level headed lad and it's a good indication of his character that he appears to be quite happy to play on the right if thats what Kenny wants of him. Good qualities in a young lad.

• 1 month later...
How much longer is he going to stay in our first team?

He was a gutless disgrace last night, Readysalted non-entity. I can't stand him

How much longer are you going to continue watching football for?

You seriously dont understand the game at all do you?

If you cant see what he adds to a pass and move, fluid attacking team, then there really is no hope for you mate......just start watching another sport.

He adds "legs" to the team, he has an unbelievable engine, he has pace, he is able to control the ball at speed without slowing our attacks down, he has a good touch.

All of that is VITAL to how we want to play.

He brings the much needed energy into our team. Last night he dropped back to help gerrard and adam against two top class players in nasri and silva. He also supported our attacks and his movement dragged players away from bellamy allowing us to isolate savic and give him the run around.

You really dont understand football much if you cant see that.

He just helped us beat the richest club in the world, who on paper have one of the best teams in the world

He helped us beat stoke away, chelsea away and was a bit part of the reason we out played man city over two legs. He has just helped us get to our fist final in 5 years, and might win a trophy in his first season.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT YOU THICK FUCKER?

sometimes i shudder at the thought of some of the people who watch football and post here, its like youve never kicked a ball yourself......have you?

Please fuck off and take your 12,000 posts with you, you dickhead.

I like Jordan Henderson. He is technically good. He keeps the ball moving. He can pass off either foot and he has the stamina to play at a high level throughout the 90 minutes.

He is not a right winger and so we won't see his best out there. Also, he is a young player, so at the moment he is not doing too much in the way of taking a gamble. In time we will see him grow in authority and put his stamp on the game.

He hasn't done anything too spectacular since he has been here but he's done OK, and to my eyes at least, I see a promising player who could easily be an important player for us for years to come.

How much longer are you going to continue watching football for?

You seriously dont understand the game at all do you?

If you cant see what he adds to a pass and move, fluid attacking team, then there really is no hope for you mate......just start watching another sport.

He adds "legs" to the team, he has an unbelievable engine, he has pace, he is able to control the ball at speed without slowing our attacks down, he has a good touch.

All of that is VITAL to how we want to play.

He brings the much needed energy into our team. Last night he dropped back to help gerrard and adam against two top class players in nasri and silva. He also supported our attacks and his movement dragged players away from bellamy allowing us to isolate savic and give him the run around.

You really dont understand football much if you cant see that.

He just helped us beat the richest club in the world, who on paper have one of the best teams in the world

He helped us beat stoke away, chelsea away and was a bit part of the reason we out played man city over two legs. He has just helped us get to our fist final in 5 years, and might win a trophy in his first season.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT YOU THICK FUCKER?

sometimes i shudder at the thought of some of the people who watch football and post here, its like youve never kicked a ball yourself......have you?

Please fuck off and take your 12,000 posts with you, you dickhead.

clueless.jpg

How much longer is he going to stay in our first team?

He was a gutless disgrace last night, Readysalted non-entity. I can't stand him

As redrevolution has so eloquently put it you'd probably need more than a basic/tabloid level of understanding of the game to realise what he does. Same with Lucas.

I like Jordan Henderson. He is technically good. He keeps the ball moving. He can pass off either foot and he has the stamina to play at a high level throughout the 90 minutes.

He is not a right winger and so we won't see his best out there. Also, he is a young player, so at the moment he is not doing too much in the way of taking a gamble. In time we will see him grow in authority and put his stamp on the game.

He hasn't done anything too spectacular since he has been here but he's done OK, and to my eyes at least, I see a promising player who could easily be an important player for us for years to come.

Your eyes see the game very well mate

Not every player has to beat his man and smash goals into the top corner to be effective for a team

I would like him to tackle more and take bigger risks, but playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world isnt easy, as andy carroll is proving.

He is a good player now, really good technique, and just doesnt stop running. His energy is one of the reasons we have got to a cup final for the first time in 5 years, beating stoke away, chelsea away and city

I cant believe his value is being questioned at all to be honest....he's doing great so far, as is the club, as is kenny.

EDIT: oh yea i nerly forgot, manc01..go take your shit picture to redcafe you manc cunt.

He does great things in flashes, but for me doesn't contribute enough in an attacking or defensive sense. His one-touch play can be very good and he can run all day, but he needs to carve out a specific role in that team. I have a feeling he'll come good, but we could do with someone a bit more creative in that position in the starting 11.

Terrific performance last night. Anyone who went to the game would testify to that, the amount of ground he covered was unbelievable. One pass in particular, defence-splitting 1st timer in 2nd half to release Kuyt(?) through on the right, pass of the night.

Very tidy, technically sound, immense stamina and work rate. He is progressing very well and is a manager's dream. A classier, better version of Darren Fletcher he just needs some experience and a bit more confidence in front of goal. Age 21, he will turn out to be one of Kenny & Comolli's best buys.

Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't go to the games and gets all their footballing knowledge from the telly.

We do need a song for him, someone was trying the Coldplay "Paradise" song at Man City but (1) it was better for Carra, Carra, Carragher and (2) it's fucking Coldplay

Your eyes see the game very well mate

Not every player has to beat his man and smash goals into the top corner to be effective for a team

I would like him to tackle more and take bigger risks, but playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world isnt easy, as andy carroll is proving.

He is a good player now, really good technique, and just doesnt stop running. His energy is one of the reasons we have got to a cup final for the first time in 5 years, beating stoke away, chelsea away and city

I cant believe his value is being questioned at all to be honest....he's doing great so far, as is the club, as is kenny.

EDIT: oh yea i nerly forgot, manc01..go take your shit picture to redcafe you manc cunt.

Momo? Jon snow? Or one of the many angry mentalists that have been banned several times

Why are you lot all the same?

I don't think he was brilliant last night. He did have some good moments, but there were a few occasions where the game was passing him by. He certainly got stuck in much more than he has in other games, but to me it looks like he's struggling with the same problem Lucas had when he first joined, in that he seems afraid of taking risks lest he make crucial mistakes so he takes the safest/easiest option all the time. Brendan's slagging him off big time at the moment, and to me it seems to be rooted in this.

I can't fault him for his part in the lead up to Dzeko's goal. Kuyt and Johnson had played their way down the right, and Henderson released Johnson with a difficult pass that Johnson struggled to control over his shoulder. Henderson immediately went to cover the right side where Kolarov was breaking forward, thus enabling Johnson to track back knowing he had cover. For some reason, Gerrard and Henderson then switched positions just as Silva looked to play the ball out wide, leaving Gerrard to track Kolarov's run. It bought Kolarov a bit of time and space which he took advantage of superbly. I'm not sure why they did that.

He will always be an ordinary player who doesn't really do anything particularly well, but 'OK' players who work hard and run about a lot have value.

But the lack of bottle/ spine/ bollocks and reluctance to get stuck in really fucking infuriates me

He's the Invisible Shithouse

You just dream of a team of carraghers, a team of carraghers, a team of carraghers

An ordindary player who has helped us get to our first cup final in 5 years, played a part in us outplaying one of the best teams (on paper) in the world, and has a chance of winning a trophy in his first season?

Ordinary does me fine