You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

He's great in the two aspects of the game which made this club famous: Pass and move.

His problem comes from confidence, he seems rushed in his touches, when he has more time on the ball than he lets himself sometimes.

I like him and I think he'll be a great player for us. Contrary to some, I can definitely see him becoming a good goalscorer. His timing and movement into the box just needs some more polishing.

Nothing like Gerrard in his early days; he was absolutely vicious in the tackle and knew where the goal was too. I miss that Gerrard.

Absolutely agree with this, he was fucking everywher when he first turned up, raw agression, imaginative passing, direct goal threat. As soon as he got the ball the crowd would sit up / stand up and start shouting. How anyone can compare Henderson to an early Gerrard is well beyond me

I'm hoping Henderson is a slow burner because at present he looks like a simple passer of the ball but very little else. He certainly hasn't got the excitement factor Gerrard had.

I tell you what some of the people on here are very hard to please weare unbeaten so far in the month of August i can name 7 or more players who are yet to play 20 games for the club in the starting 11 and some still dont appear to be happy

I have seen people posting regarding pumping long aimless ball up to a big lumbering oaf of a forwardto head in the goal but the lad has scored more goals from outside the box than any forward i can name at this club he wins everything in the air that is put there for him to win he is a young lad with a massive frame and yes he tiers towards the end of games but he is getting fitter he is still a very young lad who will be here for many year to come

Under Kenny we seem with these players that are under question by somealways to look like we will score 2 or more goals in every game something that i couldnt say for many many years and although it is only early days we should be made up with what has happened to this club in less than 9 months well thats my take on it

He's great in the two aspects of the game which made this club famous: Pass and move.

His problem comes from confidence, he seems rushed in his touches, when he has more time on the ball than he lets himself sometimes.

I like him and I think he'll be a great player for us. Contrary to some, I can definitely see him becoming a good goalscorer. His timing and movement into the box just needs some more polishing.

agree.

Never ceases to amaze me how fast people can pass judgement on players time after time after time. Im going to just have to come to the conclusion that either this forum is actually "Top Liverpool Wierdos" and 75% of you are trying your best not to lick the pretty colours on the monitor while dictating utter tripe for your carers to post for you.

Or that its its mostly comprised of mancs and bitters trying to fuck with regular fans. Either way i feel like im in one flew over the cuckoos nest when i come on here and see some of the posts and topics.

gif_jack350.gif

He's 20, at a big club now, and maybe he is under instructions to keep it simple for a few games until he finds his feet. He has done some good things and some poor things, just what you would expect from a young player in new surroundings.

There are two things that I feel we need to work on with him:

1. Starting position when we press the ball - he drops off too far

2. Reducing the amount of times he returns the ball to where it came from even though he has time and space to move it forward, take another touch, look-up etc. Early days yet and I expect he will improve as the lads play more games together.

On the whole a pretty positive response to your points from almost everyone. I too agree at the moment he shouldn't be keeping Raul or Dirk out of the side. Once again we are all going to have to wait and see before being able to truly pass judgement. I don't think he's going to set the world on fire from first impressions but he has time on his side. He really needs to build some confidence, i'm just not sure sticking him out wide is going to do that for the lad.

Its hard to know how to fit him in comfortably and permanently into one position on the field. We all know its down the middle but thank god we are so much stronger in all areas and he can be replaced if its not going right for him on the night.

I believe in him, I think he can become a good box to box midfielder like Gerrard was in his early days. But Kenny clearly doesn't agree, he's been playing as a winger most of the time, a decision I'm baffled with as he has nothing in his locker that would make him a top winger bar a decent cross.

Still it's early days and we'll see how it works.

Perhaps he's the next Beckham!

Seems to me people here have found what they been missing,a new Lucas to bitch about.

Or perhaps people are just discussing their impressions of a player on, you know, a football forum. If you expect a RAWK style circle-jerk then you've come to the wrong website. I don't see anyone writing him off on here, and I'm pretty sure everyone here will get behind him on the pitch, but even in Shanks' and Bob's day we used to talk about players away from the stadium, and yeah sometimes even after they've only played a couple of games. If you see someone saying he's irredeemably shit after a couple of games then you're within your rights to call them on it, but I don't actually see that on here, I only see people discussing his strengths and weaknesses from the little they've seen, and acknowledging that it's only first impressions. Better get used to it as that's part and parcel of watching football.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Or perhaps people are just discussing their impressions of a player on, you know, a football forum. If you expect a RAWK style circle-jerk then you've come to the wrong website. I don't see anyone writing him off on here, and I'm pretty sure everyone here will get behind him on the pitch, but even in Shanks' and Bob's day we used to talk about players away from the stadium, and yeah sometimes even after they've only played a couple of games. If you see someone saying he's irredeemably shit after a couple of games then you're within your rights to call them on it, but I don't actually see that on here, I only see people discussing his strengths and weaknesses from the little they've seen, and acknowledging that it's only first impressions. Better get used to it as that's part and parcel of watching football.

I think there's a fair difference between RAWK's masturbation, and writing a player off - and it has been done by some on this forum - after a few kicks in a new team.

Not thinking he's any good is one thing, but some seem to have an early vendetta and fail to see the obvious upsides to his game. A bit of balance and objectivity wouldn't go a miss from some. Being allowed to have varying opinions is great - it's why I like this forum - but being a spas isn't the preserve of RAWK.

It's fair to point out those who clearly have a problem with the player. It happened with Kuyt, with Lucas, and other players down the years. It appears to be happening with Henderson, that's what some people have a problem with, not varying opinions.

I think there's a fair difference between RAWK's masturbation, and writing a player off - and it has been done by some on this forum - after a few kicks in a new team.

Not thinking he's any good is one thing, but some seem to have an early vendetta and fail to see the obvious upsides to his game. A bit of balance and objectivity wouldn't go a miss from some. Being allowed to have varying opinions is great - it's why I like this forum - but being a spas isn't the preserve of RAWK.

It's fair to point out those who clearly have a problem with the player. It happened with Kuyt, with Lucas, and other players down the years. It appears to be happening with Henderson, that's what some people have a problem with, not varying opinions.

I tend to completely ignore any mongs who would write a player off after a few games so I've probably only skim-read those opinions or not even noticed them. Most people seem quite objective.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's nothing to do with semantics. I just find it harsh that you're picking up somebody on a valid point based on a falsehood. He's clearly annoyed, like a few of us are, at our propensity for picking on certain players. He seems to be the next in a long line.

We can't afford to wait this long. The rot has set in.

I hate him.

Waiting until the last day when teams are really desperate is the only chance we have of getting rid of him. Even then we'll probably have to pay him off and 500% of his wages at his new club.

Makes you sick when you think about it.

It's nothing to do with semantics. I just find it harsh that you're picking up somebody on a valid point based on a falsehood. He's clearly annoyed, like a few of us are, at our propensity for picking on certain players. He seems to be the next in a long line.

Tough titties then, I find it "harsh" that he's taking the time to post on here to insult the whole forum based on a minority of spastics.

was surprised by his signing and not overly impressed so far, but from watching him i know theres a good player in there, i feel he was in his comfort zone at Sunderland and I think kenny will bring the bets out of him, dont really fancy him on the right think he's far more suited to playing as a box to box in a three man midfield.

Guest SpiderLucas
Still no news on twitter, this baywatch-named prick is really starting to piss me off now. Cut your losses Kenny, just pay up and learn your lesson. We need to get moving now.

I'm lost but really want to know what your going on about, it sounds funny.