You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Exeter City Match Thread

fowler9

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look how far we have come in 1 season

Liverpool

25 Reina

22 Wilson

37 Skrtel

38 Flanagan

49 Robinson

04 Meireles (Carroll 20)

11 Maxi

14 Henderson yellow card

20 Spearing

26 Adam (Shelvey 77)

07 Suarez (Downing 59)

Substitutes

32 Doni, 03 Jose Enrique, 23 Carragher, 19 Downing, 33 Shelvey, 09 Carroll, 18 Kuyt

Here is Liverpools squad from last seasons cup game

Liverpool

01 Jones

05 Agger

16 Kyrgiakos

22 Wilson

34 Kelly

21 Lucas

26 Spearing

12 Pacheco (Ince 105+1)

14 Jovanovic (Eccleston 91)

19 Babel (Shelvey 100)

24 Ngog

Substitutes

41 Hansen, 47 Wisdom, 49 Robinson, 33 Shelvey, 39 Eccleston, 45 Ince, 46 Amoo

The forward players available at the club now are a vast improvment on what we had last season tonight was a very profesional performance by the lads today no complaints every game we lokk like we will score two or more goals and that is something that means we will be very very hard to beat home or away

Are you not allowed to voice any concerns about team and players anymore?

I'm as upbeat as anyone these days, but when it's constructive critisism of players, team or manager, isn't that part of what a football forum is for?

Apart from a handful of the usual suspects, I haven't seen anyone slagging off Carroll, Henderson or anyone else. I don't think people deserves getting jumped on when they raise perfectly legimitate concerns.

We have some strengths. We have some problems.

But we are unbeaten in three and after a comfortable victory tonight, particularly considering our corresponding result in the Carling Cup last season, it's probably understandable that many might not be up for reading what's wrong with the team right at this moment.

We were fucked either way. Beat them 6-0, we were playing Exeter with a strong side out. Beat them 3-1, we should of done better. It's all bollocks. These games are tough and it was a decent, professional performance. Despite the penalty, I thought Skrtel done well for his first game back and although extremely eratic, Henderson showed some promise. Carroll took his goal well and Suarez was superb, Wilson also impressed.

My only weak point was Maxi, barring the goal he offered little else and he's better than that.

Thought it was great that we had a team out there instead of a "what the fuck is going to happen" lineup. Good to see Kenny giving Exeter so much respect and that he's taking this competition seriously, even though I admit I got wound up when Raul looked injured badly. Enjoyed the game a lot more than I thought I would have done.

The other good thing is that it was another 90+ mins for our new players to gel with the rest of the side, cool stuff.

I thought Raul played excellant on Saturday and up until he got injured last night was immense. I am a bit worried that we will miss him the next couple of weeks because nobody else is seeing that killer pass or run at the moment. Agree that Henderson needs to step up to the plate but also Adam and Downing will need to look for luis' runs a bit more and not just look for Andy head every time!

Guest davelfc
I thought Raul played excellant on Saturday and up until he got injured last night was immense. I am a bit worried that we will miss him the next couple of weeks because nobody else is seeing that killer pass or run at the moment.

Bolton next then a two week international break, then Stoke. I think we'll manage.

Thought Henderson played well, was involved in 2 of the goals and Carroll scored a cracker, anyone giving them a hard time can fuck off.

Henderson looked a little short of confidence to me and, as a consequence, a little indecisive. I think he has the tools but I don't think tonight was his best game.

The goal will do Carroll the world of good and I love the power he gets when he shoots. He seems to labour a bit but I think we are trying to work him into the way Kenny wants to play.

I've best this drum before, but re: Maxi and Henderson, I think they are ideal for the system Kenny wants to play. I had a tactical discussion with a friend and he was adamant we'd play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. I swore to him that we'd play a 4-4-2, which it appears we are.

In his first spell in charge, Kenny played a 4-4-2 with one out and out winger in Barnes and a more narrow option on the right in Houghton, allowing Nicol to bomb on. I think we're seeing the same again now. Downing is the out and out winger and Henderson/Maxi will play the Houghton role, cutting infield to create with through balls and passes, instead of whipping in crosses. This will allow Johnson or Kelly to bomb on and provide the width on the right.