You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Abs

zigackly

It's more interesting than that. It talks about how he originally planned to ditch Graham's defence as quickly as possible because he considered them too old for example, but then was impressed that his coaching allowed them to adapt to his ideas. Also about how he found a way to use Parlour and some other old guard. There's a lot more. If you don't read the Blizzard, you probably should ;)

Home - The Blizzard

This man speaks the truth

It's more interesting than that. It talks about how he originally planned to ditch Graham's defence as quickly as possible because he considered them too old for example, but then was impressed that his coaching allowed them to adapt to his ideas. Also about how he found a way to use Parlour and some other old guard. There's a lot more. If you don't read the Blizzard, you probably should ;)

Home - The Blizzard

You're right, it is a great read but haven't got around to latest edition yet. Always tempted to get the hard copy delivered instead

Cue moral indignation everytime a Stoke player so much as breathes on an Arsenal player, with much holding of heads in hands.

We should do a sweepstake for which player gets snapped in half first.

If you compare Arsenal's disciplinary record this season to Stoke's, then you can see why Wenger has been quiet on his pet subject so far. His early teams with Arsenal were right dirty bastards as well - the press seem to forget that

Me too, but I like it on my kindle so I can whip it out on the bus.

Bit off topic

If I ever get a shitload of money that I can blow on anything, I'm going to ask Jonathon Wilson & a few others to create a Blizzard TV programme. 15 mins of Michael Cox at Zonal Marking reviewing some recent games in terms of tactics. And 45 minutes consisting of a few short pieces on football history & the business side of the game from Swiss Ramble. One hour every month, it would be TV heaven.

We deserve some intelligent football TV, & I've no idea why Sky, BBC etc can't see the market for it

Edit: Forgot to mention that James Richardson would be presenting it (I've pretty much worked out the entire content of the first 6 months)

Edited by PestiRed

We deserve some intelligent football TV, & I've no idea why Sky, BBC etc can't see the market for it

Edit: Forgot to mention that James Richardson would be presenting it (I've pretty much worked out the entire content of the first 6 months)

Because the vast majority of people are fucking cretins.

Its also much easier to just have Paul Merson and Jamie Redknapp dribbling away for three hours. They can be paid in bananas and crayons, and will never ever say anything even remotely controversial.

After the first episode of your program the broadcasters would be foaming at the piss slit. Can you imagine if anyone starting questioning whether we have the best league in the world? Discussed the merits of zonal marking? Or whether the vast majority of the LMA gimps had a fucking clue about anything? If anyone brought up the levels of xenophobia within our game?

That said I'd pay enormous amounts of money to watch it. Infact I'd force one of the current crop of experts to sit in with Wilson et al, in the hope that they'd either learn something, or more likely, just look like the thoroughly embarrassing imbecile that they are.

Bit off topic

If I ever get a shitload of money that I can blow on anything, I'm going to ask Jonathon Wilson & a few others to create a Blizzard TV programme. 15 mins of Michael Cox at Zonal Marking reviewing some recent games in terms of tactics. And 45 minutes consisting of a few short pieces on football history & the business side of the game from Swiss Ramble. One hour every month, it would be TV heaven.

Don't forget cake and coffee for Jimbo.

It is a cooperative publication where you can play as little or as much as you like for a download ie pdf Ipad etc. I paid by via paypal.

It has some excellent writers on board and the publication gives them the chance to not cover the mainstream topics that normally get covered in the national media.

Just google, The Blizzard and try the first publication and I assure you will be back to download the rest. It comes out once a quarter.

You're right, it is a great read but haven't got around to latest edition yet. Always tempted to get the hard copy delivered instead

If you compare Arsenal's disciplinary record this season to Stoke's, then you can see why Wenger has been quiet on his pet subject so far. His early teams with Arsenal were right dirty bastards as well - the press seem to forget that

No they don't.

Every time they get a red card it's brought up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6 wins in the last 7 games and slowly getting better each week. The new guys Santos, Arteta, Gervinho and specially Mertesacker is doing really well. Benayoun has looked good when he comes of the bench and Oxlade Chamberlain is a wonder kid.

I really think you guys are underestimating us and we will finish ahead of you.

Only negative is Walcott is completely out of form and we are playing with 10 men each game it feels.

But he's on borrowed time and Oxlade will bench him

Edited by Abs

6 wins in the last 7 games and slowly getting better each week. The new guys Santos, Arteta, Gervinho and specially Mertesacker is doing really well. Benayoun has looked good when he comes of the bench and Oxlade Chamberlain is a wonder kid.

I really think you guys are underestimating us and we will finish ahead of us.

Only negative is Walcott is completely out of form and we are playing with 10 men each game it feels.

But he's on borrowed time and Oxlade will bench him

wanker.gif