You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Abs

zigackly

In the league they have an easy September and November but in October they got Spurs & Chelsea away and then in December away to Man City and Villa. Hopefully they don't do too bad between now and January and Wenger does the same thing as this transfer window when they get beat at home to Mancs at end of January. The result of the first 3 games I think will be the key to us beating them into the top 4.

Next three games for us is swansea home, blackburn away and bolton home. I expect 3 wins and things will look different. As you say November is also an easy month for us. I do expect us to catch up with Liverpool in 4-5 games. But its still early days. Why you lot is getting carried away is beyond me

Why you lot is getting carried away is beyond me

This is just mental. You have just had an 8-2 bumming from the scum and that was after we did you 0-2 AT HOME. Your team is shaky as fuck and you just signed Yossi Bennihighnoon and an Everton crock. Wenger is under th emost pressure he's ever faced as a manager and you ask us why we are "getting carried away?" Mate, it's you who should be carried away to a mad house for compulsive denial disorder.

stoke away is a hard game for everyone in the league. they have added even taller people to their team and will give you a problem on set pieces and make the game scrappy like they do against everyone. I think they will manage to bully you in this one. No shame in that as they will bully most teams at home.

Stoke has 14 players who are 6'2 or taller

I realize you're an Arsenal fan Abs, but surely even you can tell not every fucking team are as awful at defending crosses and set pieces as you guys are, right?

Oh, and Mertersacker isn't going to help with that at all, if you're wondering. He's the CB equivalent of Peter Crouch. Tall as fuck, but not actually a menace in the air, in either end of the pitch.

Stoke will be a tough proposition at their place, always are, but I'm confident we won't get beat. At worst it'll be a drab 0-0.

Your lot against Swansea? Don't know Abs, they have some decent talent up front, I fancy any team in the PL to put some goals past the back four you'll likely field on Saturday.

stoke away is a hard game for everyone in the league. they have added even taller people to their team and will give you a problem on set pieces and make the game scrappy like they do against everyone. I think they will manage to bully you in this one. No shame in that as they will bully most teams at home.

Stoke has 14 players who are 6'2 or taller

Fair enough points, they are awkward fuckers (and the post international break blues is always another danger) but if we play our pass & move game we should run rings around them. I get the feeling that every incoming transfer since January has been consciously weighted towards the "but could he do it at Stoke on a cold winter night?" criteria. Fucked if I'm going looking but I'm sure I read somewhere too that our net transfer activity has left us with a taller squad.

And I wouldn't read too much into home advantage, we have a 100% away record so far, did you know that? Stoke's only home game yet was the opening day 0-0 with Chelsea and opening day results are often a bit odd. Even Arsenal picked up a draw on opening day.

Fair enough points, they are awkward fuckers (and the post international break blues is always another danger) but if we play our pass & move game we should run rings around them. I get the feeling that every incoming transfer since January has been consciously weighted towards the "but could he do it at Stoke on a cold winter night?" criteria. Fucked if I'm going looking but I'm sure I read somewhere too that our net transfer activity has left us with a taller squad.

And I wouldn't read too much into home advantage, we have a 100% away record so far, did you know that? Stoke's only home game yet was the opening day 0-0 with Chelsea and opening day results are often a bit odd. Even Arsenal picked up a draw on opening day.

Do you think any team outside the top 6 will manage to beat you this season home or away?

Next three games for us is swansea home, blackburn away and bolton home. I expect 3 wins and things will look different. As you say November is also an easy month for us. I do expect us to catch up with Liverpool in 4-5 games. But its still early days. Why you lot is getting carried away is beyond me

_88175_183001.jpg

Do you think any team outside the top 6 will manage to beat you this season home or away?

I have no doubt they will. On paper Liverpool beat Stoke, that's based on current form, individual players abilities, experience, managers and coaches, the amount of money behind the clubs etc. On the day of course anything can happen; dodgy lasagne, beach balls, bad days at the office. On balance though the better team more often than not wins and coming into this weekend we are a better team than Stoke.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Let's try to win our game before poking fun at anybody else, eh? Not nice to see people using another team's result - the mancs of all teams - as a weapon either. I'm happy with 0-2 at their house. We don't need to use United's results.

Let's try to win our game before poking fun at anybody else, eh? Not nice to see people using another team's result - the mancs of all teams - as a weapon either. I'm happy with 0-2 at their house. We don't need to use United's results.

I agree but after seeing their result today i couldn't help at chuckling and thinking about when that ballbag will next show up on here. Probably tomorrow if we get beat. Beaut.

NV, regardless of our result tomorrow they've just been beaten by possibly the worst team in the Premier League, and after all the shit Abs spouts on here he deserves to get the piss taken out of him. Besides, that is the nature of a football forum. If a rival fan joins he can expect to get ripped.

I know its early doors but Arsenal are in a whole heap of trouble. Wenger can't go out and buy a defender who can defend until January and who knows what mountain of shit they could be under. Wallopped by teams at top end of table and struggling against stragglers, but at least Wenger already has Championship players for next season.