You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just priced up the shirt for my 5 year old lad whose tall for his age. £66 just for the shirt with name, number and badges.

For a shirt that now lasts one year instead of two years, cheeky fuckers.

They've effectively doubled the cost of a home shirt without so much as a murmur from fans. So these multi millionaires can put in a half shift once a week, or sit on a treatment table.

Shirts should be free for season ticket holders, at least you'd have something to show for your money and effort instead of just anger mixed with disappointment.

• Upvote 1

Don't they cost about £7 to make?. I think it was only about 10 years ago that the shirt cost 35 quid. Don't understand why they have suddenly gone so expensive. The England shirt last year was 65 quid and it's not one of those shirts that a fat bastard could wear.

Only ever bought two kits for my son, a blag Barca one from Spain and a blag Liverpool One from Turkey.

Two kids down my road seem to get their parents to buy them four or five kits a season.

Don't they cost about £7 to make?. I think it was only about 10 years ago that the shirt cost 35 quid. Don't understand why they have suddenly gone so expensive. The England shirt last year was 65 quid and it's not one of those shirts that a fat bastard could wear.

Only ever bought two kits for my son, a blag Barca one from Spain and a blag Liverpool One from Turkey.

Two kids down my road seem to get their parents to buy them four or five kits a season.

I seem to remember a few years back we had that football task force that supposedly stopped them ripping fans off on shirts. They pulled the price back for a couple of years and then just started sliding on a few quid every season. The club don't help though, I bet those shirts will be 20% cheaper in regular sports shops rather than the club shop.

I seem to remember a few years back we had that football task force that supposedly stopped them ripping fans off on shirts. They pulled the price back for a couple of years and then just started sliding on a few quid every season. The club don't help though, I bet those shirts will be 20% cheaper in regular sports shops rather than the club shop.

Think they are pre sale in sports direct for £44 now.

Going off at a bit of a tangent, here, but it would be interesting to see how the various Premier League kit manufacturers perform in respect of the ethics of their supply chains.

New Balance make some (not all) of the right noises; but then, they would say that, wouldn't they.  I'm guessing every kit manufacturer's website will have something similar to this.

http://www.newbalance.co.uk/about-new-balance-content-assets/inside-nb-investing-in-people.html

The key, I think, is whether or not they promote trade union membership throughout their supply chains.  Typically, suppliers will win contracts, sign up to a code of conduct and make sure they appear to adhere to it for the one or two days a year that the auditors visit.  Some of the factories in the Rana Plaza building had signed up to codes of conduct.    Trade union membership is the equivalent of having auditors in every part of the organisation, every day.

I've often wondered but never asked (to shy). Is it not harder to see a goalie wearing all green?

Supposed to put the opposition strikers off. They come steaming up the pitch with the look of inevitability that we've become used to, and all of a sudden they've pulled up. Why? Why has he stopped? Because there's a man in goals who's just a floating head, thats why.

• Upvote 2

Supposed to put the opposition strikers off. They come steaming up the pitch with the look of inevitability that we've become used to, and all of a sudden they've pulled up. Why? Why has he stopped? Because there's a man in goals who's just a floating head, thats why.

Repped for saying goals instead of goal. Like Alan Hansen.

The more big money sportswear firms throw at clubs and players, the more they will jack up the price of the merchandise.

Yeah, this is the real reason the prices keep going up. Manufacturers are spending mad money to get these teams signed and the only way to recoup the cost is put the price up on the shirts.

New celtic shirt from new balance launched to mark 50th anniversary of their european cup win....seems that randon while line on our shirt is the new balance template for new kits as the celtic one has a gold line in exactly the same place.