You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Its not about wether we are a mid table team or not, that was just a snide spin adidas was putting on it to reduce what they spent and earned.

Its about how many kits we sell we are probably within the top 5 best selling clubs in the world and making huge profit from it. also warrior are paying £25 mil for a huge huge brand to advertise for them aswell gaining huge notability which will only increase their brand around the world bringing more and more profit to them.

Its an very clever choice by them.

I keep asking myself questions about this kit deal.

Warrior is owned by New Balance who have dealings with the Red Sox and have connections to FSG. They have paid way over the odds to supply our kit for the next 6 years, adidas only pay £12million and they have a lot of experience in this area unlike warrior so is that just because they want to break into the football business and we were the biggest name available.

Maybe because of their connections with FSG they know something we don't about things like plans for new stadiums, money for big name players/ finance for team building. Is it because some cozy little deal has been done between members of FSG lining each other pockets? because £25million a year for a mid table team just doesn't add up, without trophies or at least champions league football as a bare minimum this just looks as a bad deal for warrior.

Goatboy you are the one talking like a tit

read my post again and try not to focus on the words "mid table team" they seem to be upsetting you a little bit

You are missing my point £25 million a year is a hell of a lot more money than anyone else was willing to pay for a team that hasn't had champions league football for 2 years and is in a real dog fight to get it this year.

As I understand it, all the major global sportswear companies were interested in doing a deal. Apparently, Nike offered something fairly close to what Warrior did, the big difference being that Nike also wanted full control of the entire merchandising operation, much like the deal they have with ManU. Apart from being able to utilise Nike's vast global distribution network, all employees at Liverpool's stores would become Nike employees. Liverpool wanted greater control over their merchandising operation (meaning greater profits) and Warrior wanted to break into the football market. Warrior know that to have one of the world's top clubs on their roster is a massive signal of intent, and I guess for them the real profit lies in how well they break into the football market in general. To that end, Liverpool are the perfect vehicle in which to enable Warrior to make their name in a competitive environment.

The way I see it, Adidas couldn't afford to match the terms Warrior offered because they are spread very thin in comparison. If they did match the terms, then they'd have a give up a sizeable and profitable revenue source, which would lose them an awful lot of money. Not only that, but the other names on their roster - such as Chelsea, Bayern Munich and AC Milan (I've not included Real Madrid as they already have a substantially larger deal with Adidas) - would also want deals that provide them with a greater share of global profits. To do that for one team - as Warrior have - is one thing, but to have to do that for several teams would be very risky for Adidas. I feel it's nothing to do with brand exposure because buying team merchandise is more to do with tribalism and support for the team rather than just buying the brand.

Its not about wether we are a mid table team or not, that was just a snide spin adidas was putting on it to reduce what they spent and earned.

Its about how many kits we sell we are probably within the top 5 best selling clubs in the world and making huge profit from it. also warrior are paying £25 mil for a huge huge brand to advertise for them aswell gaining huge notability which will only increase their brand around the world bringing more and more profit to them.

Its an very clever choice by them.

I think warrior must had had some reassurances about money for team building in the next few years and about a new stadium otherwise it's a bad deal for them even with our global brand name they wouldn't pay that sort of money it would be a huge gamble

As I understand it, all the major global sportswear companies were interested in doing a deal. Apparently, Nike offered something fairly close to what Warrior did, the big difference being that Nike also wanted full control of the entire merchandising operation, much like the deal they have with ManU. Apart from being able to utilise Nike's vast global distribution network, all employees at Liverpool's stores would become Nike employees. Liverpool wanted greater control over their merchandising operation (meaning greater profits) and Warrior wanted to break into the football market. Warrior know that to have one of the world's top clubs on their roster is a massive signal of intent, and I guess for them the real profit lies in how well they break into the football market in general. To that end, Liverpool are the perfect vehicle in which to enable Warrior to make their name in a competitive environment.

It will only work if we are successful otherwise it will be a disaster for them.

I think warrior must had had some reassurances about money for team building in the next few years and about a new stadium otherwise it's a bad deal for them even with our global brand name they wouldn't pay that sort of money it would be a huge gamble

Please to the highest of the fucking high deities don't call it the fucking 'Warrior Stadium' It'd be worse than whatever St James' park is called this week, and you can fuck off being a bigger laughingstock than the barcodes, not whilst there's blood in my veins!

Please to the highest of the fucking high deities don't call it the fucking 'Warrior Stadium' It'd be worse than whatever St James' park is called this week, and you can fuck off being a bigger laughingstock than the barcodes, not whilst there's blood in my veins!

sounds like a rugby league ground

I dont think 'that amount of money' is alot tho for what they will get. We are comparing the deals we have had in place for years from Adidas, that deal was made some time ago and obviously it will rise as all things do.

Example. Call of duty spent £100 million on advertising just to sell a game which we all new was coming out and everyone wanted anyway.

Warrior are spending £25 mil on hopefully becoming a globel brand.

I see your point but I think your just thinking about the overall sum rather than what this means to Warrior.

I dont think 'that amount of money' is alot tho for what they will get. We are comparing the deals we have had in place for years from Adidas, that deal was made some time ago and obviously it will rise as all things do.

Example. Call of duty spent £100 million on advertising just to sell a game which we all new was coming out and everyone wanted anyway.

Warrior are spending £25 mil on hopefully becoming a globel brand.

I see your point but I think your just thinking about the overall sum rather than what this means to Warrior.

Well let's just hope they make a good kit because the name warrior sounds like we will have lightening flashes on our sleeves and a big samurai sword on the back.

Typical shit-house headline and article by Maddock on the back of The Mirror.

Over a picture of the team lining up, is a massive 'What a Waste of Money!' headline, with something below about Adidas not being willing to meet LFC's asking price.....and this being the source of the '..Waste...' headline.

At best it's disingenuous at worst, downright fiction.

I used to take claims of anti-LFC media bias with a picnh of salt, but it's been so blatant over the past few weeks.

Finally, a solution. Genius! Two players away!

Not a dig at you, navbasi, but we have been saying this since the Dead Sea was merely sick.

I think over the years we have been more than 2 world class players short, we finally have a squad of players where the bench looks strong and the likes of Ngog and El Zhar aren't the ones coming on to change a game. We have an Academy system that seems to finally be working with the likes of Kelly, Flanno and Robinson all coming through. We have owners that aren't cunts and asset stripping the club, so IMHO we are definitely on the right tracks.

I think over the years we have been more than 2 world class players short, we finally have a squad of players where the bench looks strong and the likes of Ngog and El Zhar aren't the ones coming on to change a game. We have an Academy system that seems to finally be working with the likes of Kelly, Flanno and Robinson all coming through. We have owners that aren't cunts and asset stripping the club, so IMHO we are definitely on the right tracks.

Whether it was true then and whether it is actually true now, we have been saying we are 'two players shy....' for years.

Saying that, the two players we are shy now must be bloody good players because we are short in three positions in my view. Bit off topic this, mind.

The comments from the Adidas exec were very impertinent. If they didn't want to pay the price then negotiate it down, or exit the negotiation with a simple 'no thanks'. This is unprofessional and unbecoming. The fact is that LFC is a bit of a weird one at the moment, as we are right up there (top 4/5?) in shirt sales globally, but obviously no-one can lay serious claim that we are one of the top 4/5 on the pitch right now.

Adidas have stuck the boot in, but I suspect they will regret it. LFC will get back in the CL either this year or next, and we are snapping up young players and building something up again. Even though there have been loads of frustrations this year - largely to do with putting the ball in the net - we are rising again.

If Warrior gets in there they will get a slice of the pie. And who knows how much pie they will have appetite for in the long run, given the global appeal of football. Adidas may well have shot themselves in the foot here, and if the comments of their executives are anything to go by, I do hope they suffer commercially.

Like Hyman Roth, Liverpool have always made money for their partners.

ps we were not in the European Cup between 1985 and 2001.

Still kept going somehow.

For some strange reason it always seems to be Chelsea fans who are most voluble about short term success and failure.

Waiting for Roman to blow off another 340m debt?

Oooo-kaaaaaay......

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd and Us!

Those are the four most popular football shirts in the world. As a business decision you don't make it based on whether or not you feel they are a good team, you do it based on cold hard facts. Cold hard facts are that we sell more shirts and more merchandising than Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Adidas are horrific cunts. They don't promote our merchandise as much as Nike promote United's. I have seen unique designer wear from Nike but Adidas generally have bland stores with little to no creativity. Hope that changes with Warrior.

Signing American brands generally means big money so fuck Adidas. I am also looking forward to 2014 when we change our shirt sponsor. Will probably get a big fuck off American firm paying shit load of cash.

You are missing my point £25 million a year is a hell of a lot more money than anyone else was willing to pay for a team that hasn't had champions league football for 2 years and is in a real dog fight to get it this year.

someone on est1892 claims nike offered more than warrior but they wanted to take control of the club shops,therefore anyone now working in the club shops would then be employed by nike.

Official announcement from Warrior Football

http://images.warrior.com/war-us/pdf/warrior_announcement.pdf

They put on the caps-lock btw

19TH JANUARY 2012: WARRIOR SPORTS INC. AND LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL

CLUB TODAY ANNOUNCED A DEAL WHICH SEES WARRIOR BECOME THE

CLUB'S OFFICIAL KIT SUPPLIER. THE DEAL, WHICH WILL COME INTO PLAY

FROM JUNE 1ST 2012, WILL SEE WARRIOR CREATE THE LIVERPOOL FC

HOME, AWAY AND THIRD KITS, AS WELL AS THEIR TRAINING WEAR FOR THE

NEXT SIX YEARS.

OWNED BY BOSTON BASED NEW BALANCE ATHLETIC SHOE INC., THE MOVE

REPRESENTS THE STARTING POINT IN WARRIOR SPORTS' GLOBAL FOOTBALL

JOURNEY PARTNERING WITH ONE OF THE BIGGEST CLUB SIDES IN THE

HISTORY OF WORLD FOOTBALL. WARRIOR SPORTS RECOGNISES THE

HERITAGE OF LIVERPOOL FC AND HAS EMPLOYED INDUSTRY EXPERTS IN

DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, MARKETING AND IMPLEMENTATION TO ENSURE

THAT THE BRAND HAS THE BEST PEOPLE ON HAND TO SUPPORT THE

PARTNERSHIP.

RICHARD WRIGHT, GENERAL MANAGER FOR WARRIOR SPORTS COMMENTS:

"AT WARRIOR SPORTS WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON HIGH PERFORMANCE AND

AN INCREDIBLE DESIRE TO WIN. OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH LIVERPOOL FC, A

FOOTBALL INSTITUTION AND RECOGNISED BRAND NAME ACROSS THE

WORLD, IS THE PERFECT FIT. WARRIOR SPORTS HAS VENTURED INTO

FOOTBALL TO BRING OUR KNOWLEDGE OF MAKING TOP LEVEL PRODUCT TO A

NEW PLAYING FIELD. WE ARE NOT THE SORT OF BRAND THAT IS GOING TO

KEEP OUR HEAD DOWN. WE ARE HERE TO SHAKE UP THE WORLD OF

FOOTBALL AND OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL

CLUB TEAMS OF ALL TIME IS JUST THE START."

IAN AYRE, MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB, ADDED:

"LIVERPOOL FC IS THRILLED TO BE ABLE TO ANNOUNCE THIS FANTASTIC

PARTNERSHIP WITH WARRIOR SPORTS FOR THE 2012-2013 BARCLAYS

PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON ONWARDS. THIS IS ANOTHER LANDMARK DEAL

FOR LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB AND ONCE AGAIN SHOWS THE VALUE OF

THE CLUB'S BRAND GLOBALLY. WARRIOR SPORTS WILL BRING ITS OWN

UNIQUE BRAND AND IDEAS TO THE PARTNERSHIP, ENSURING THAT THEY CAN

ASSIST US AT THE CLUB BOTH ON AND OFF THE FIELD OF PLAY. SHARING

THE SAME FOCUS OF DOMINATION AND WINNING WILL BE AN INCREDIBLY

IMPORTANT PART OF THIS PARTNERSHIP GOING FORWARD. AS WITH ALL OUR

PARTNERSHIPS WE HAVE TAKEN TIME TO FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE

INDIVIDUALS BEHIND THIS OPPORTUNITY. I BELIEVE THAT WARRIOR HAVE

SOME OUTSTANDING PEOPLE WE CAN WORK CLOSELY WITH TO CONTINUE TO

DELIVER QUALITY PRODUCTS TO OUR FANS AROUND THE WORLD."

They're a bit shouty aren't they

If there are any genuine ITK's on here I have one question.

Was the clubs announcement of the Warrior deal planned for today or was it in response to the Adidas statement? If so then if I was FSG I'd be furious as they have basically stolen the attention the official announcement would've made just so they didn't look foolish.

I doubt they wanted to make the announcement now as the club now have a warehouse full of shirts they'll have major trouble in shifting as no one wants to pay for shirts with a 5 month shelf life.

Childish behaviour from a supposed global brand.

Maybe I'm going senile but didn't Nike pay silly money when they first broke into football? Aren't Warrior doing the same thing? Who cares if their parent company have a deal with the RedSox, that link is a lot more tenuous than any links Man City's owner has with its sponsors.

As stated by a previous poster Adidas couldn't agree to that deal even if we had the current PL and CL titles to our name as the other big teams they have under contract with would want the same and that would cripple them. Remember Liverpool, save for the license fee, did not make a penny out of any merchandise (from shirts to lampshades) sold outside of the UK, it all went to Adidas. That's a hell of a lot of merchandise and money for a club with a huge overseas following.

Adidas would rather chuck that away then risk all out mutiny with the other clubs wanting the same parity. You can understand their frustration but that statement from them was uncalled for and will probably fuel a fire that would've died if left alone.

someone on est1892 claims nike offered more than warrior but they wanted to take control of the club shops,therefore anyone now working in the club shops would then be employed by nike.

According to RAWK Nike didn't offer more overall but a higher basic, less incentives package, but the club shop employee's becoming Nike employees is right, its what they did at Man U.

Does Nike owning your club store mean they can sell anything they want in it? Why would you sign up to that?!

Warrior deal was 22-25M a season with incentives kicking it up to 25-28 with a percentage of overseas sales and full control of club shops maintained (according to a poster on RAWK). Don't care if the kit was made by Lotto/Gola I'd snap their hands off!

Guest ShoePiss

The brand manufacturer does matter regardless what people say, Warrior are a complete unknown as what they've done to date just isn't relevant. Adidas have made some good kits and some very good training stuff over the years. I really hope they get it right first time, they have to.

Hopefully Warrior have completely ignored our own line of clothing/apparel for inspiration as it's fucking terrible. Honestly, who the fuck is designing the shit we sell with our famous Liverbird on it?

If there are any genuine ITK's on here I have one question.

First off I should point out I'm not an ITK, genuine or otherwise.

...I doubt they wanted to make the announcement now as the club now have a warehouse full of shirts they'll have major trouble in shifting as no one wants to pay for shirts with a 5 month shelf life...

Even if Adidas had agreed to extend their deal, those shirts would still have had a 5-month shelf life remaining. Assuming Adidas continued the production cycle they currently use for Liverpool, we would have had 3 new kits (plus a new goalkeeper's kit) for next season anyway. The agreement had to be made official because the lead time for production is a good 6 months or so, and Warrior need the time to ramp up the marketing side. Not only that, but they also need to establish a distribution network for the merchandise given that they don't have the scale or resources of the likes of Adidas and Nike.

Maybe I'm going senile but didn't Nike pay silly money when they first broke into football? Aren't Warrior doing the same thing? Who cares if their parent company have a deal with the RedSox, that link is a lot more tenuous than any links Man City's owner has with its sponsors.

I know that Nike got serious about making inroads into football when they signed deals with the likes of Arsenal, PSV and PSG. The first big contracts I can recall were for the Brazilian, Dutch, Italian and US national teams, and within a couple of years they had the likes of Barcelona and Inter on board. The Barcelona deal was definitely higher than the norm. I guess you could say Warrior have taken a bigger risk than Nike did all those years ago, because Warrior are starting with one of the world's major names rather than working their way up the ladder.

Guest ShoePiss

I know that Nike got serious about making inroads into football when they signed deals with the likes of Arsenal, PSV and PSG. The first big contracts I can recall were for the Brazilian, Dutch, Italian and US national teams, and within a couple of years they had the likes of Barcelona and Inter on board. The Barcelona deal was definitely higher than the norm. I guess you could say Warrior have taken a bigger risk than Nike did all those years ago, because Warrior are starting with one of the world's major names rather than working their way up the ladder.

It was Melchester Rovers actually.

Also remember Sunderland having a Nike kit years ago, I loved Nike then as Rushie wore Tiempos