You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don
It is no surprise that a company wanting to break into a market is prepared to pay a higher price than an established player - that's business.

We've got the money, thank you very much.

The long term degradation of our commercial income through lack of trophy success, and now CL presence,though is something that should concern us all, as the number of times a Warrior deal can be pulled off is strictly limited.

A company wanting to break into the lucrative football merchandise arena isnt going to pay nearly double what the exist supplier is paying unless it thinks there is value for money in it for itself. To suggest otherwise is foolhardy.

If you take the PL and CL as the major prizes, we hadnt won neither between 1990 and 2005, some 15 years. yet our fanbase hadnt diminished substantially in those years.

A company wanting to break into the lucrative football merchandise arena isnt going to pay nearly double what the exist supplier is paying unless it thinks there is value for money in it for itself. To suggest otherwise is foolhardy.

If you take the PL and CL as the major prizes, we hadnt won neither between 1990 and 2005, some 15 years. yet our fanbase hadnt diminished substantially in those years.

I don't think there has ever been more of a threat to our position then at the moment, years ago there were one or two teams ahead of us, as it is now we've got City, Mancs, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea.

All those teams look like they will be around for quite some time and some are miles ahead in terms of financial muscle, 10 years ago you'd be lucky to see Chelsea anywhere in terms of shirt sales, their success has got them that just like ours did and the same is what will happen with City now.

We're still a massive brand but that can't carry on forever without success

I don't think there has ever been more of a threat to our position then at the moment, years ago there were one or two teams ahead of us, as it is now we've got City, Mancs, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea.

All those teams look like they will be around for quite some time and some are miles ahead in terms of financial muscle, 10 years ago you'd be lucky to see Chelsea anywhere in terms of shirt sales, their success has got them that just like ours did and the same is what will happen with City now.

We're still a massive brand but that can't carry on forever without success

Agree with all that mate.

Standing still and thinking we didn't need to change with the times because we were Liverpool is what got us into this position in the first place, if we make that mistake again, we might not recover, as yet, thankfully our "Brand" has held up even with the hinderance of Moores and Parry's lack of vision. We can't make that mistake again.

Official announcement from Warrior Football

http://images.warrior.com/war-us/pdf/warrior_announcement.pdf

They put on the caps-lock btw

19TH JANUARY 2012: WARRIOR SPORTS INC. AND LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL

CLUB TODAY ANNOUNCED A DEAL WHICH SEES WARRIOR BECOME THE

CLUB’S OFFICIAL KIT SUPPLIER. THE DEAL, WHICH WILL COME INTO PLAY

FROM JUNE 1ST 2012, WILL SEE WARRIOR CREATE THE LIVERPOOL FC

HOME, AWAY AND THIRD KITS, AS WELL AS THEIR TRAINING WEAR FOR THE

NEXT SIX YEARS.

OWNED BY BOSTON BASED NEW BALANCE ATHLETIC SHOE INC., THE MOVE

REPRESENTS THE STARTING POINT IN WARRIOR SPORTS’ GLOBAL FOOTBALL

JOURNEY PARTNERING WITH ONE OF THE BIGGEST CLUB SIDES IN THE

HISTORY OF WORLD FOOTBALL. WARRIOR SPORTS RECOGNISES THE

HERITAGE OF LIVERPOOL FC AND HAS EMPLOYED INDUSTRY EXPERTS IN

DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, MARKETING AND IMPLEMENTATION TO ENSURE

THAT THE BRAND HAS THE BEST PEOPLE ON HAND TO SUPPORT THE

PARTNERSHIP.

RICHARD WRIGHT, GENERAL MANAGER FOR WARRIOR SPORTS COMMENTS:

“AT WARRIOR SPORTS WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON HIGH PERFORMANCE AND

AN INCREDIBLE DESIRE TO WIN. OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH LIVERPOOL FC, A

FOOTBALL INSTITUTION AND RECOGNISED BRAND NAME ACROSS THE

WORLD, IS THE PERFECT FIT. WARRIOR SPORTS HAS VENTURED INTO

FOOTBALL TO BRING OUR KNOWLEDGE OF MAKING TOP LEVEL PRODUCT TO A

NEW PLAYING FIELD. WE ARE NOT THE SORT OF BRAND THAT IS GOING TO

KEEP OUR HEAD DOWN. WE ARE HERE TO SHAKE UP THE WORLD OF

FOOTBALL AND OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL

CLUB TEAMS OF ALL TIME IS JUST THE START.”

IAN AYRE, MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB, ADDED:

“LIVERPOOL FC IS THRILLED TO BE ABLE TO ANNOUNCE THIS FANTASTIC

PARTNERSHIP WITH WARRIOR SPORTS FOR THE 2012-2013 BARCLAYS

PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON ONWARDS. THIS IS ANOTHER LANDMARK DEAL

FOR LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB AND ONCE AGAIN SHOWS THE VALUE OF

THE CLUB’S BRAND GLOBALLY. WARRIOR SPORTS WILL BRING ITS OWN

UNIQUE BRAND AND IDEAS TO THE PARTNERSHIP, ENSURING THAT THEY CAN

ASSIST US AT THE CLUB BOTH ON AND OFF THE FIELD OF PLAY. SHARING

THE SAME FOCUS OF DOMINATION AND WINNING WILL BE AN INCREDIBLY

IMPORTANT PART OF THIS PARTNERSHIP GOING FORWARD. AS WITH ALL OUR

PARTNERSHIPS WE HAVE TAKEN TIME TO FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE

INDIVIDUALS BEHIND THIS OPPORTUNITY. I BELIEVE THAT WARRIOR HAVE

SOME OUTSTANDING PEOPLE WE CAN WORK CLOSELY WITH TO CONTINUE TO

DELIVER QUALITY PRODUCTS TO OUR FANS AROUND THE WORLD.”

Guest San Don

Daily wail saying its a done deal in response to the adidas comments.

Liverpool fired a parting shot at Adidas after they signed a £150million kit deal with American firm Warrior Sports.

The club have agreed a six-year contract worth £25m per season to have their home, away and third kits manufactured by the Boston-based company - a deal which is only eclipsed in world football by Barcelona's £26.3m-per-year agreement with Nike.

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre said the deal, which trumps the £23.5m Nike pay annually to Manchester United, is a 'landmark' for the club.

Adidas have produced Liverpool's kits every year since 2006 - the deal was worth £12m per year - but their chief executive, Herbert Hainer, suggested the club priced themselves out of the relationship.

Ayre said: 'We are disappointed that Adidas seem to point to a lack of European football as reason not to agree a new deal and cannot see that we are on a par with the biggest football brands in the world.'

Liverpool in record £150m kit deal with American firm | Mail Online

Good deal but comparisons with United is just spin imo. They signed their deal in 2003. Probably will sign a bigger deal when they renew it.

Correct which is next year I think. Probably blow us out the water again. Another thing not mentioned is Utd's DHL deal which is massive too.

Still good business doubling the sponsorship.

I keep asking myself questions about this kit deal.

Warrior is owned by New Balance who have dealings with the Red Sox and have connections to FSG. They have paid way over the odds to supply our kit for the next 6 years, adidas only pay £12million and they have a lot of experience in this area unlike warrior so is that just because they want to break into the football business and we were the biggest name available.

Maybe because of their connections with FSG they know something we don't about things like plans for new stadiums, money for big name players/ finance for team building. Is it because some cozy little deal has been done between members of FSG lining each other pockets? because £25million a year for a mid table team just doesn't add up, without trophies or at least champions league football as a bare minimum this just looks as a bad deal for warrior.

What were we on a season from Carlsberg under Parry and Moores? £4m or something? These kinds of deals just highlight the absolute amateurs we have had running our club for the past 20 years.

I think it was even less, wasn't it £7m over 3 years... Either way, you're spot on.. Complete and utter amateurs.... Thankfully you can only sell the "family silver once..." Cunts.

Warrior is owned by New Balance who have dealings with the Red Sox and have connections to FSG. They have paid way over the odds to supply our kit for the next 6 years, adidas only pay £12million and they have a lot of experience in this area unlike warrior so is that just because they want to break into the football business and we were the biggest name available.

Maybe because of their connections with FSG they know something we don't about things like plans for new stadiums, money for big name players/ finance for team building. Is it because some cozy little deal has been done between members of FSG lining each other pockets? because £25million a year for a mid table team just doesn't add up, without trophies or at least champions league football as a bare minimum this just looks as a bad deal for warrior.

We're selling over 900,000 kits a year by not challenging for the Prem, Champions League, imagine that number if we really kicked on. I think we are far from being a "Mid-Table" team.. A couple of world class additions to the players/squad we have I honestly think we would be in a position the challenge.

I agree, and I didn’t say that.

I did say that aggressive bidding from new suppliers in any market place, for a variety of reasons, is a fact of business life. Buying a position in a market place has a value to the newcomer that the established player already has. Sometimes that premium delivers for the newcomer, sometimes it does not.

On the fan-base argument, I am not sure what the measure is. The residual value of our support, as for most big clubs, is incredibly resilient.

Commercially, I think that there are three main indicators, shirt/merchandise sales, home attendance, and TV viewing figures. Because our ground capacity is relatively modest i think that home attendance numbers are unlikely to suffer dramatically, even if we fail to qualify for Europe again. Shirt/merchandise sales and TV viewing figures are more closely linked to success.

We're selling over 900,000 kits a year by not challenging for the Prem, Champions League, imagine that number if we really kicked on. I think we are far from being a "Mid-Table" team.. A couple of world class additions to the players/squad we have I honestly think we would be in a position the challenge.

Well said.

4 3 2 5 4 5 3 3 4 2

then 7th and 6th.

Mid-table team, fucking hell.

Whatever happened to "form is temporary"?

Well said.

4 3 2 5 4 5 3 3 4 2

then 7th and 6th.

Mid-table team, fucking hell.

Whatever happened to "form is temporary"?

If you are not in the top 4 then you are basically a mid table team finishing 7th and 6th in the last 2 seasons makes us a mid table team and we don't look like finishing any higher this season. Maybe warrior are paying through the nose in the hope we regain some success but even for our world wide name and successful history £25 million and even more importantly £13 million more than Adidas is a hell of a lot of money.

It's not often I pull people up on anything because it's their opinion and they are justified to it. But that's a load of rubbish. We all know we've had a nightmare for a few years with cancer and aids here we are now getting some stability back. We beat Bolton and arsenal and Newcastle slip up, Chelsea are a bit more resilient and we're back in the mix.

Mid-table, Christ.

It's not often I pull people up on anything because it's their opinion and they are justified to it. But that's a load of rubbish. We all know we've had a nightmare for a few years with cancer and aids here we are now getting some stability back. We beat Bolton and arsenal and Newcastle slip up, Chelsea are a bit more resilient and we're back in the mix.

Mid-table, Christ.

You are missing my point £25 million a year is a hell of a lot more money than anyone else was willing to pay for a team that hasn't had champions league football for 2 years and is in a real dog fight to get it this year.

Also I never said I was happy with the idea of us being a mid table team or didn't think we couldn't get back to the top four but finishing 6th and 7th in the last 2 years makes us a mid table team, Everton regularly finish 6th - 8th and they are a mid table team

Maybe I should have posted this in the We have to accept some harsh facts thread

Accept this harsh fact, you're talking like a tit.

Do you really think Chelsea for example, after 8 years of outperforming us in the league, are anywhere near approaching us as a worldwide concern?

This has fuck all to do with temporary performance. If Adidas thought they could get themselves a nifty deal because of it, then they've just had their eye wiped and are talking like spoilt brats.

Ive always liked adidas kits from a purely aesthetic point of view but being able to get more money than they are willing to pay is a major coup.

The fact that Warrior are prepared to pay so much extra makes me wonder if they have been given something extra like naming rights to the new stadium or something like that?

You are missing my point £25 million a year is a hell of a lot more money than anyone else was willing to pay for a team that hasn't had champions league football for 2 years and is in a real dog fight to get it this year.

Also I never said I was happy with the idea of us being a mid table team or didn't think we couldn't get back to the top four but finishing 6th and 7th in the last 2 years makes us a mid table team, Everton regularly finish 6th - 8th and they are a mid table team

Maybe I should have posted this in the We have to accept some harsh facts thread

Thing is the reason we're getting the money doesn't really bother me aslong as the kit looks decent and there is a basic distribution plan then they can learn as we go along. Finishing sixth and seventh whilst having some of the worth owners doesn't make us mid-table. We are on the coat-tails this season and as the fixtures pile up with Europe hopefully we can apply some pressure.