You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People forgetting Adidas only wanted to give us £12m a year to renew the deal we had with them because they said we were not big enough to be given £25m. That despite us being one of the top shirt sales then and now. Adidas can get stuffed unless they are going to pay us similar to other top deals they have done. Yeah Umbro kits were good. No fancy dan designs there. Think they went bust or did someone buy them.

Umbro were bought by Nike about 10 years ago. Nike gradually took over all their bigger contracts before selling Umbro to a private equity firm a few years ago. Umbro still do kits (see the Shite as an example) but their stuff is average, and there is no chance they can match what New Balance or any of the big 3 could offer us.

• 1 month later...

Why do players always pose looking moody and deep.

It’s like they are special forces embarking on a fatal mission.

If I had to go to work to pick up my 50k and get my photo taken in a new kit with my mates I’d be smiling like a retard.

This is from the launch of our away kit 20 seasons ago.

Liverpool%2006_jpg.0.jpg

Edited by Trumo

Why do players always pose looking moody and deep.

It’s like they are special forces embarking on a fatal mission.

If I had to go to work to pick up my 50k and get my photo taken in a new kit with my mates I’d be smiling like a retard.

Probably some wannabe Ridley Scott type director of photography asked them to look moody to give some atmosphere.

This is from the launch of our away kit 20 seasons ago.

Liverpool%2006_jpg.0.jpg

Rather that and raise a bit of a laugh and probably more publicity.

Probably some wannabe Ridley Scott type director of photography asked them to look moody to give some atmosphere.

Smiling and laughing is what I want from Mo and Firmino. Let VVD be moody.

I think I've still got one of those shirts. I put it on once every few years and then remember just how shite it is, it has almost no redeeming features.

Still have mine. I must have worn them baggy back in those days as its much more snug now. Gets a run out as my 'jobs in the garden' or 'take stuff down the tip' type stuff. I like the airtexy style of it, even if that lurid yellow hasnt really dimmed much.