You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just had a three minute NB ad on YouTube. Voxpops outside anfield before the boro game asking about the new kit. Not a single scouse accent in the whole video. Actually pushing it beyond parody.

Obviously am southern myself, but can understand why it does people's heads in seeing these twats cherry-picking targets for a pre-match chat. Actively excluding local voices.

To be fair a lot of the local lads would tell them to do one.

Just had a three minute NB ad on YouTube.  Voxpops outside anfield before the boro game asking about the new kit. Not a single scouse accent in the whole video.  Actually pushing it beyond parody.

Obviously am southern myself, but can understand why it does people's heads in seeing these twats cherry-picking targets for a pre-match chat. Actively excluding local voices.

How do you know they actively excluded local accents?

How do you know they actively excluded local accents?

If, what An Tha has said is correct, that after being told to do one by local lads they don't ask anyone who they hear has a scouse accent?

I think the main thing is they just approach people who are wearing colours - most locals don't apart from the dads and lads and old timers with a scarf but the latter are hardly likely to be rushing out to buy a new shirt and have Coutinho 10 printed on the back.

If, what An Tha has said is correct, that after being told to do one by local lads they don't ask anyone who they hear has a scouse accent?

I think the main thing is they just approach people who are wearing colours - most locals don't apart from the dads and lads and old timers with a scarf but the latter are hardly likely to be rushing out to buy a new shirt and have Coutinho 10 printed on the back.

If they've been told to 'do one' by the dress code police, then they havent deliberately cut out the locals (Im one), have they?

And its bollocks that us locals dont wear our colours.

I'd say it is a pretty safe bet that a lot of our 'lids' would tell them to do one but also that they would likely target the people who look like they would be more interested in/receptive to discussing that kind of stuff and i think it is fair to say that generally that would be people wearing colours/replica shirts or they would think it would be those people and therefore approach them more.

After the fucking clown costumes that those bastards inflicted on us in the 90s?

Can't disagree, but in all fairness most companies were churning out really ugly shit in the 90's.

Not sure we would have fared much better elsewhere.

The other main manufacturer was umbro, and much of their 90's kits were dire.

Also those adidas kits were still better than just about anything Reebok or Warrior subjected us to. Just in quality never mind style.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Club is releasing a special edition black kit. I doubt it will be worn in any matches though so it should really be classed as 'other merchandise' instead of 'kit', even though it is an all-black version of the home kit.

new-balance-liverpool-blackout-kit-1.jpg

new-balance-liverpool-blackout-kit-2.jpg

new-balance-liverpool-blackout-kit-3.jpg

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/09/new-balance-liverpool-blackout-kit.html

New Balance is set to launch an all-black commemorative edition of the Liverpool 17-18 home kit, based on an image we were sent recently.

Featuring the same template and base design as the Liverpool home shirt, the blackout jersey is entirely black with tonal pinstripes and logos - these include the same ones as on the regular uniform, New Balance logo, 125-years club crest and Standard Chartered sponsor.

The blackout Liverpool shirt has a v-collar and accentuated sleeve cuffs, both with subtle detailing, although everything here is black on black, obviously.

It's not known when the blackout Liverpool 2017-2018 jersey will be released and whether it will be worn in official games. In regards to the latter question, we think it's more likely to be just a fan item.

Basically a 4th kit for kids to want at £40+. For no reason, at all. Never to be worn by the players.

As long as you’re not forced to buy it, I don’t see an issue at all, regardless of if you support the owners (who no doubt say there plotting this entire thing all along to fleece people of their 40 quid).

I spent 15-20 years listening to people complaining about how far we had fallen behind United, that the owner wasn’t fit because we are commercially naive, now the cunts offer a shirt for sale and suddenly people are pissy about it. The owners won’t give a wank about this. It’s a deal with the marketing people. This type of thing is an option for those who want it, nothing more. It’s not ticket prices.

• Upvote 3

As long as you’re not forced to buy it, I don’t see an issue at all, regardless of if you support the owners (who no doubt say there plotting this entire thing all along to fleece people of their 40 quid).

I spent 15-20 years listening to people complaining about how far we had fallen behind United, that the owner wasn’t fit because we are commercially naive, now the cunts offer a shirt for sale and suddenly people are pissy about it. The owners won’t give a wank about this. It’s a deal with the marketing people. This type of thing is an option for those who want it, nothing more. It’s not ticket prices.

I'd rather we increase revenue by becoming successful on the pitch, but yea I suppose beggers can't be choosers.