You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Haha. I'm not racist but...

Anyway, in my view seasons should alternative between yellow and white with an occasional Black shirt maybe.

Black shirts seems to be creeping into our away colours a lot more frequently past seasons.

It's only a shirt most of us won't wear anyway I guess.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - black shirts are for Nazis and referees.

So, I bought my lad the new home strip on Monday and by Tuesday night he'd managed to sit in a pile of chewing gum so large that it'll never come off and his shorts are ruined. God knows how, as I'm pretty sure he was supposed to be chewing it. Not his fault, though, apparently.

So thanks New Balance, you cunts.

If only the shorts were made of chuddy wicking fabric.

Good for a laugh...

". Liverpool say the kit is a tribute to Liverpool’s 1977 European Cup winning team:

Black was chosen as the base colour to create an imposing canvas for the flame red warning vents down either side of the torso. Silver trim has been detailed on the front, including the iconic Liver bird crest; to commemorate the club’s first of five European victories.

Commenting on the kit, General Manager of New Balance Football, Richard Wright said; “Liverpool FC is historically England’s most successful team in Europe and this kit is a fitting tribute to that remarkable achievement. With the seam-free body mapping technology and NB Dry each player will be competing in a truly advanced and stylish kit.”

That is some Olympic standard bullshit.

I'd like to think that the Richard Wright who came out with that flapdoodle is the accident-prone ex-goalie, because for that alone he deserves to fall out of his own loft or to rip a load of ligaments on a sign saying "Do not practise in this goal" when he was practising in this goal.

The shirt’s design has been developed using the latest heat bonding technology. It features body mapping mesh to key zonal areas of the shoulders, running the full length of the back into the lumber panel and reinforced bonded seams down the side panels, and shoulders to increase comfort and reduce friction compared to traditional fabric constructions. Laser cut and bonded eyelets placed to the under arms further aid airflow around the body. The jersey is finished with a silver tipped shaped crew neck collar.

That extra weight would slow the players down, wouldn't it?

• 4 weeks later...

Sammer was 21 when this photo was taken.

That's a really good team that. Some really good players; Kohler, Sammer, Möller were world class at one point in their career. Heinrich, Reuter, Riedle, Chapuisat were also very good players.

That's a really good team that. Some really good players; Kohler, Sammer, Möller were world class at one point in their career. Heinrich, Reuter, Riedle, Chapuisat were also very good players.

What about Paul Lambert you heathen ?!

Sammer was 21 when this photo was taken.

That 1997 CL final was more or less his last game as a player. He had so many abortive comebacks after a knee injury that he decided to end his career early. He was a top class player in his prime though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's official

3faece3c38aec6b982dbd385858bc800.jpg

It's not easy being green. Er, yellow? Um, slime?

Apparently based on the match programme from the 2001 UEFA cup final isn't our away kit based on a ticket or match programme is that new balance thing now or something