You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why?

As long as we don't have those dickheads at adidas inflicting any more of the 1990s clown costumes on us. During that era, the only football kit they gave us was the Bulgaria kit.

Be careful what you wish for, nobody knows anything about Warrior football kits

They are not going to give us a gash kit people. We are their route into the football (soccer) market, they will not fuck this up. They know they were given this chance only due to the fact Henry knows the owner of New Balance (who own Warrior). They can't run the risk of making him look mug and cutting off a route into any baseball related sponsorship. They are taking a big risk themselves. 25M to a club not even in Europe is risk enough but they are not a big company (not Nike size anyway) this is a significant outlay for them too and could kill them stone dead if they make a pigs ear out of it.

A couple of posters on Rawk who seem to be sports shop owners/product purchasers claim they have seen the Warrior kits and they say the quality along with design are light years behind our current kits. Not to mention someone mentioned that after the asian pre-season tour Adidas matched the Warrior offer and LFC said tough.

IF this is the case and the quality and designs are horrific then surely sales will be poor and therefore the question is does the net gain from sales and kit deal from Warrior work out better than sales and kit deal from Adidas for worldwide profit if the deal was only done to bring in more revenue?

A couple of posters on Rawk who seem to be sports shop owners/product purchasers claim they have seen the Warrior kits and they say the quality along with design are light years behind our current kits. Not to mention someone mentioned that after the asian pre-season tour Adidas matched the Warrior offer and LFC said tough.

IF this is the case and the quality and designs are horrific then surely sales will be poor and therefore the question is does the net gain from sales and kit deal from Warrior work out better than sales and kit deal from Adidas for worldwide profit if the deal was only done to bring in more revenue?

There's a lot of BS on the RAWK site. No way would the shirts get to the shop owners or whoever without getting vetted by people who know something about football, be that Ayre, Commoli, Kenny, or even Gerrard. Besides this lot do make shirts but for a different sport so they are not complete novices.

Its just the ramblings of the pro Adidas brigade, those who don't want to see change and are happy for us to remain as sheep rather than innovators.

They have given specifics like the colours Black away Purple 3rd, why would they lie and make themselves look stupid a few months later?

They do make shirts for other sports like lacrosse and hockey yes but if you look on their website, i know its subjective but it looks shite

There's a lot of BS on the RAWK site. No way would the shirts get to the shop owners or whoever without getting vetted by people who know something about football, be that Ayre, Commoli, Kenny, or even Gerrard. Besides this lot do make shirts but for a different sport so they are not complete novices.

Its just the ramblings of the pro Adidas brigade, those who don't want to see change and are happy for us to remain as sheep rather than innovators.

What, like this guy you mean?

clive-sinclair.jpg

Anyone who wears a warrior kit are going to look like fucking weapons and I aint even seen it yet, its gonna be really shit.

silly dennis, sinclair has been a great innovator.

True, a pity is business acumen was that of a mentally disadvantaged 10 yr old!

It will fall to Liverpool to hold Warrior's hand in making sure that our kit is not a laughing stock. If it turns out to be total cack it will be our fault for not telling them otherwise. They should've sorted themselves out with a shed load of past kits and ideas from people in the know before they even came out with concepts. At the end of the day its their money they'll be flushing down the toilet. The only thing that could make it worse is if we spent the money on shit players!

I spoke to someone last week who was invited to a meeting to see the new kit, they all had to sign something to say they wouldn't speak about it & they were never or couldn't be told it was a Liverpool kit even tho it had the club badges on! It was just a 'football kit'. Anyway they went on to say that the 1st kit was

nice, no badge as such on the chest but an embroidered liverbird like the old 70's kits, there was an eternal flame design on the back, don't know if it was the full crest or just the flame, 2nd kit was quite nice too he said but the 3rd kit was suposef to be awful

with some mad design on the sleeves. The fella who told me was a salesman to jjb and he sounded quite genuine. Just passing it on.

Guest alantkayll
I spoke to someone last week who was invited to a meeting to see the new kit, they all had to sign something to say they wouldn't speak about it & they were never or couldn't be told it was a Liverpool kit even tho it had the club badges on! It was just a 'football kit'. Anyway they went on to say that the 1st kit was

nice, no badge as such on the chest but an embroidered liverbird like the old 70's kits, there was an eternal flame design on the back, don't know if it was the full crest or just the flame, 2nd kit was quite nice too he said but the 3rd kit was suposef to be awful

with some mad design on the sleeves. The fella who told me was a salesman to jjb and he sounded quite genuine. Just passing it on.

Your spot on.

Guest alantkayll
Have you seen it then Al? If so whats your take on it? Good or bad on both quality and design?

I would not worry about Warrior's design's. They have not invested £25m a year to lose sales.

The people who run it are all british. They understand the traditions and history of Liverpool.

Its best to wait and see then speculate like those on RAWK.

Here is a mock up someone from RAWK found on another site that matches the description that these itk's have eluded to. Not awe inspiring but not shit either.

I think their main gripe is the material is going to be poor quality, mainly polyester. No chance of a floodlight failure at Anfield now with all the static electricity bouncing around!

lfc_warrior_f_20111102_1752405738.png

Here is a mock up someone from RAWK found on another site that matches the description that these itk's have eluded to. Not awe inspiring but not shit either.

I think their main gripe is the material is going to be poor quality, mainly polyester. No chance of a floodlight failure at Anfield now with all the static electricity bouncing around!

I would prefer the design on the right as the first home kit only in red obviously.

Never been keen on messing with the collar, stripes, or white flashes.

Keep it simple and traditional please

I would prefer the design on the right as the first home kit only in red obviously.

Never been keen on messing with the collar, stripes, or white flashes.

Keep it simple and traditional please

Agree, although I would also lose the watermarks. For me, they make a shirt look shiny and cheap.

I like both of those. A nice mix between modern and retro/traditional, especially with the liverbird. Lets hope these are someway accurate.