You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why you shaking your head then smart arse?!

If your LFC and have just brokered the biggest kit deal in English football how do you want it officially announced? Through the likes of Ayre and Werner or in your goal keepers autobiography?

You're fucking kidding me aren't you?

• 4 weeks later...

The club has amended its charter by the looks of things. As I suspected, our next kit deal will most likely see a new home kit every season. I think every other club in the Premier League - and certainly every major European club - already does this.

MERCHANDISE

All replica strips have a minimum lifespan of one season. Swing tickets are attached to each replica strip stating the season that the strip is in use. Details of the next intended change of kits can be obtained from the club shop. The club carries out its obligations under the Premier League Rulebook to prevent price fixing in relation to the sale of replica strips. We offer refunds on merchandise in accordance with our legal obligations.

Charter - Liverpool FC

That's fine if they bring out a home and away shirt each season, it's still not right but it's managable for parents. The problems arise when the clubs get greedy and bring out three new kits every single year, then it's above and beyond taking the piss. We don't need a third shirt.

I agree on the basis that 3rd kits are seldom used, but UEFA stipulate that clubs entering its competitions must have 3 kits. If we have a 3rd kit, it should be kept for 2 seasons, or at least make the previous season's away kit the 3rd kit for the new season. We used to do that under Reebok.

Personally, I don't mind a new home and away kit each season, because they will be used far more than any 3rd kit. We will make far more by selling a new home and away kit each season, rather than a new away and 3rd. I know how expensive new kits can be for parents, and they won't appreciate my stance on the matter I'm sure. However, it is a revenue stream of huge importance for a club like ours, with aspirations of rejoining the top table.

UEFA insist on it? What a gang of cunts.

Can't see many clubs involved in European Competition complaining about it though. They'd be happy if UEFA insisted on 5 kits. More money in the till.

Agreed on the gang of cunts. Can't understand why they insist on the number of kits a club should have for their comps.

However, it is a revenue stream of huge importance for a club like ours, with aspirations of rejoining the top table.

You're right in saying that this is not simply an LFC issue.

My view is that clubs are now killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Retro shirts have become more popular with adults, because they don't go out of fashion.

Young kids are always a market anyway because they grow, but the fashion of always having the latse kit/s is sure to be on the wane.

Can't understand why they insist on the number of kits a club should have for their comps.

I suppose if we have a red home shirt and a white away shirt, either of them runs the risk of clashing with (say) PSV or Atletico. Having a third strip would therefore actually serve some practical purpose.

Still hoping Nike buy Warror or something, I reckon we'll end up with something jarg like Montenegro or Belgium's kit this year

Why?

As long as we don't have those dickheads at adidas inflicting any more of the 1990s clown costumes on us. During that era, the only football kit they gave us was the Bulgaria kit.

I have read Pepe's book (well half of it, I couldn't be arsed with the rest as it wasn't that great, poorly written by Tony Barrett if you ask me, I expected more, it was like it was aimed at the teenage market) and he does confirm the Warrior deal as sh#t waffle mentioned above.