You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my time at Kaizer Chiefs is over. Only managed 20 games with 19 wins and a draw. We won the MTN8 cup early on in the season and when I left the club was in 1st place in the league with an 11 point advantage, through to the final of the Telkom Knockout.

I was starting to get pissed off during November as the board started accepting bids over my head then Ajax sacked Frank de Boer and the press started suggesting the job was mine, so I applied.

The Kaizer Chiefs fans and board were not happy in the slightest but no riots and off I went to Ajax.

Ajax are currently 6th in the league and on the borderline of being knocked out of the Europa. On the plus side they are solvent and I have a decent budget to play with so hopefully I can turn things around and start to clean up.

Initial plan for the January window is to start pulling in some of the better players from my early career to get things moving and then review the rest of the squad in the summer. Hopefully we can have a punt at the Europa in the meantime, there are 18 games to go in the League but a ten point deficit looks hard to pull back. Hopefully if we can have a go in the Europa and do OK in the KNVB Cup it should be enough to get the fans on side and then we can crack on from there.

I'm ace at this game. Started off managing Barcelona and gave myself Ronaldo through the editor just to be on the safe side. Just won La Liga and got to the final of the Champions League. That's probably as good as Pep will do this year. I dress better than the trampy meff too.

Bought it, downloaded from Steam, installed, started a game, looked at the layout, exited the game, shook my head....

Note to Sports Interactive. Sometimes, just sometimes, less is more...

I'll give it a proper go at a later date, and I know the layout is customisable, but the default layout is busy to say the least.

Bought it, downloaded from Steam, installed, started a game, looked at the layout, exited the game, shook my head....

Note to Sports Interactive. Sometimes, just sometimes, less is more...

I'll give it a proper go at a later date, and I know the layout is customisable, but the default layout is busy to say the least.

If you haven't seen the tactics screen you're in for a treat. It's abysmal.

If you haven't seen the tactics screen you're in for a treat. It's abysmal.

It's been abysmal since they decided to move away from the classic tactics layout.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was available at £7.99, then there would have been no way I would have bought this.

I've said it before, but they just seem to be more interested in adding silly things like press conferences and pointless player & agent interactions, instead of actually making the gameplay experience better. I've been going right off FM over the past few years anyway, so my opinion of them and their game is getting more negative with each passing year.

Won the treble with Chelsea and got to the quarters if the Euro League until Napoli defeated me 3-2 away from home after a nil nil at home.

Best Liverpool in both cup finals, quite convincingly I'm afraid to say.

However there is good news, Kenny called I a day and I said I was interested and the board kicked off and have me the ultimatum of apologising or resigning, so I resigned. Prior to this AVB had been made favourite for the job, it appears me resigning was all Tom Werner needed as he offered me the job the second I resigned.

So I am now living the dream of building up my reputation and winning trophies elsewhere to take my favourite club back to the top. It going to be hard though squad is quite old and the club hasn't finished in the top 6 for 2 seasons.

Got a decent first XI but need to build up a young squad for the future. I'm already bogging us up in the media as title contenders. Luckily I already have Shawcross in defence with Dede. Still have Suarez, Lucas, Reina, Kelly, Johnson,, Robinson. Sold Downing, Henderson and Carroll as they hadn't achieved a higher rating than 6.80 since 2010-2011.

Got a half decent youth squad but nobody is standing out as a world beater potential. So scouting round. My big challenge is going to be overcoming the Chelsea side I built, that is in tip top nick both for current challenges and the future.

I need a new LB and RB.

Just brought in a few players including Wickham from Sunderland who I had sent out to Mallorca on loan when I was their manager. Got Cavani, Suarez, Guizmann, Witzel and Lucas as 5 of my attacking 6, even though Lucas is my DM, he's still a powerful presence going forward.

First game was a draw with Fulham at home so this is going to be one hell of a battle.

Did three seasons of my starting-unemployed game, got my Croatian team up to the top division and up to third in the league which I see as a bit of a glass ceiling since Hajduk and Dinamo seem to have a bit of a Rangers/Celtic or Real/Barca about themselves with regards to the gap in resources to everyone else, will plug on but decided to take my scheduled break and get back to my Liverpool game (start of 2013/14 season).

My only real comment of the young season so far - Leandro Damiao is the fucking dogs bollocks. Got 7 in 6 so far, in terms of his power, finishing and on the ball skill he basically appears to be Suarez and Drogba rolled into one. Paid some Brazilian side £28m for him but if he keeps this up it'll be a fucking bargain. At the other end of the scale (in terms of transfer fees), Shinji Kagawa on a Bosman from Dortmund is also playing great either side of Damiao, but Luis seems a bit off and I've had to drop him for Eduardo Salvio (signed for relative peanuts from Atletico the previous year) who has been on fire both in pre- and early-season to be fair.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a new challenge as I won the Champions League in my first full season with Ajax.

Going to try and make Blyth a powerhouse, partly to cheer myself up about out impending relegation and because it's a couple of versions since I last took Blyth to the top flight.

I'm also looking for something else as a challenge to have in there as well though.

Contemplating another attempt at making Dynamo Berlin a big club again if I can find an add on giving the lower tiers in Germany again.

Anyone got other ideas I can try?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally decided on a challenge and I am going to try taking Gladbach back to being a force again.

Considered Pro Vercelli who won seven Italian league titles between 1908 and 1922 but changed my mind. If I manage to make Gladbach dominant I might then try and switch to them or maybe someone like Belgrade and try to get them fighting again.

Won the league with Liverpool in the third season, beating Barcelona in the CL final to make it a double. Mid-way through the fourth season and currently top but both City and Utd have games in hand that would take them 3 and 1 point respectively above us, and the buggers just don't seem to lose or even draw games. Have a look of a really good first team squad, but I'm lacking a bit in the tactical department, as we are good flat-track bullies but don't seem to have the edge in top-of-the-table clashes.

First choice* starting XI

--------------------Reina--------------

--Kelly--Papadopoulos--Coates--Robinson

--------------------Lucas--------------

-------------Javi Martinez--Hamsik------

-----Cavani---------------------Suarez--

-------------------Damiao----------------

Going to finish this season off then probably do 2 or 3 years with my lower league journeyman* game, I find switching between the two types of game like this keeps it fresh and stops me getting bored with it.

* - I'm a bit of a rotater mind

** - Only had 1 club so far mind...but waiting for the opportunity, unlike my LFC game where I'm strictly a one-club man unless I get the sack.

if you want a challenge. start with Pompey. No cheating at all. it's hard but good. currently 2/3rd's way thorugh 1st season within a week of having the 2012 version.

usually go Liverpool or celtic which is always far easier of course. nice to have a change though.