You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Approaching Christmas of my second season and still fifth, still with two games in hand. Made the League Cup semis (after a piss easy Manc-esque run of ties admittedly) which saw some of my rescheduled matches pushed back even further. Won a shit loads of games punctuated only by an away draw against the Scum, but everyone above me is winning too so I'm staying where I am. Pissed our CL group, qualifying as winners with two games to spare so gave my regen left winger and young backup goalie some match experience in those, rotating the rest of my squad too, and drew one and won one anyway finishing with 16 points.

• 2 weeks later...

FM is fucking gay, forever fucking crashing and then I got sacked in January for being sixth, just 6 points off, semi's of the League cup and not shipping many goals, had a couple of losses and three draws in my last 7 games. 61% win ratio I had, John Henry is a tit on a computer, probably a nice fella in real life though.

A lad on here made a fuck up with his stats for FM, it should be fixed in the next patch. Kill him anyway.

Who do I need to punch?

I am with Swansea now, need some ideas to get the bastards back up

This post...

Quick tip, either use a pre game or a save game editor - increase Tom Wener's patience to 20 and lower the clubs reputation by about 50. Should stop you being sacked so quickly in season 1!

Error on my part which was missed in testing

I've not bothered with this, and I don't think I'll be dipping my toes into FM again. Gone way downhill in comparison to the great CM/FM games of yesteryear...

This post...

I've not bothered with this, and I don't think I'll be dipping my toes into FM again. Gone way downhill in comparison to the great CM/FM games of yesteryear...

I'm hearing you Al.

Got back into CM 01/02 and enjoying it far more. Even tried a m DOS runner for Champ Man 2.

not really got going on it yet as I have been busy and like to play it in long stints, had a half decent game going with Cheltenham but tend to lose enthusiasm if i dont play for 2 weeks or so

finish work till the 2nd on friday so thinking of getting the download that lets you go all the way down to Countys leagues and starting off at the bottom, I am not the sort who likes getting pub teams to win the Champions League after 84 straight promotions (i probably couldn't anyway) but I do enjoy starting off at the bottom and working my way up, usually with a couple of sackings along the way1

• 2 weeks later...

decided to start of with an Evostik Division One North team, got it to randomly select for me and got Salford, suprised myself by winning the league when expected to just stay up, also won the Doodson Cup (Knockout between Division One North, South and Premier), lost to Ilkeston in the end of season game between North and South League winners then beat Chester in the Doodson Cup winners versus Evostik Premier winners, had a massive turnover of players due to only having a couple on contract and other clubs snatching them, think I ended with only 3 players from when I took over

In about October of the second season, one place out of the play offs in the Evostik Premier, going to be hard to find any better players than the lot I have now given the clubs stature/finances so reckon I am going to have to get promoted again to be able to improve the side and if not consider fucking off if a better job comes up

Finished my second season, falling flat on our faces at the death on three fronts. Finished a close third behind Arsenal and the scum in the league, lost to Arsenal in the FA Cup final, and to Shakhtar on away goals in the CL semis. To make it worse they then lost to the Mancs in the final, winning number four.

Although I was at least given a decent transfer budget to play with in the summer. Nabbed Shinji Kagawa from Dortmund on a Bosman, broke the bank for Leandro Damiao and also brought in centre back by the name of Kyriakos Papadopoulos, who I admit to having never heard of but his stats and scout ratings were excellent. Also my 16 year old regen left winger went on a rich vein of form in the second half of the season keeping Downing firmly out of the team and he's firmly in my first team plans now. Hoping to set up with a first-choice front three of Damiao flanked by Suarez and Kagawa next year.

Taking a break from that for now though and started my customary unemployed game, got picked up by a Croatian 2nd Division side so we'll see how that goes. Won our first two games so far.

As an aside, my second season with Liverpool saw minimum expectations set to more realistic and manageable levels (continental qualification through the league), so hopefully if people with this problem can get through their first season they'll be OK after that.

I've downloaded this to give it a whirl. Thought I'd try going the starting unemployed route with 51 leagues chosen then once I find a job, reduce the number of leagues I have running.

I done that and took over an amateur team in Malaysia before moving the the South African 2nd div. I am doing extremely poorly.

I set myself up as full international as that was the default setting. Put myself on holiday and to return after I was offered a job. Got offered The job at P.Ferreira in Portugal but didn't have a bean to spend do knocked them back. Went back on holiday and forgot to set 'return from

Holiday when offered a job'' so I got back after an hour or so to find myself on my 8th job in 7 months because I was applying for any club so that continued whenever I got a job.

So ended up at Standard. Bottom of the final league group. Mahoosive squad that I am tempted to overhaul in the summer or just fuck off to the lower Bulgarian league or something.

Jobs prior to Standard are below:

Akademik (Sofia, Bulgaria)

Breioblik (Iceland)

Valur (Iceland)

Zagiebie Lubin (Poland)

Lech Poznan (Poland)

Anderlecht (Belgium)

PAOK (Greece)

Just started with Bristol Rovers in league 2,got Beatie on a free 33 years old but fuck me at this level 25 goals in 12 apperances (yes 12) im playing 4-1-2-3 formation bags of goals im top by 3 points won 6 drew 4 so far (drew my first 4 games though so won 6 on the bounce scored 33 goals conceeded 12)also just got young Jack Robinson on 3 month loan having a stormer so far.

My game in Croatia is going well, over halfway through the season and we're six points clear at the top. I am however Leeds-ing it a bit with the wage budget, despite being within what the board set me. Gain promotion (only available to the league winner), and we'll be laughing - any less than that and I forsee an administrator-led fire sale.

Also helps that my star player is a promoted youth centre back who was on a fiver a week until I bumped that up to £110 as part of a new contract keeping him for the next four years.

Started off at Forest in the Championship. They have fuck all money, £60 million pounds worth of debt, a squad worthy of top 4 with expectations to finish only in the top half of the table.

I brought in Cunningham from City on loan and he's been ace. I'm losing about £600k a month so I need a good cup run or sell some of my better players. Derbyshire and Findley are a top strikeforce for the Championship and I have some top young players ready to break into the first team.

I am expecting playoffs at least and I am currently 4th in the League at the beginning of December having been knocked out of the League Cup by Arsenal at home and just got Newcastle away in the FA Cup.

I ended up at Brondby in Denmark after falling out with the Chairman at Standard. I needed more funds to rebuild the squad as it needs quite a bit of work. Managed them for 16 games winning 8 drawing 4 and losing 4 shortened the gap from 14 points to overtake nearest opponents into 5th. Had manage a wage budget that when adjust tool my £5 million kitty away from me. Had to sell 4 of my first team to lower the war bill to make it more affordable to bring new players in. Asked the board for money and got told no.

So I quit.

Went to Brondby. I jut accepted it without liking at the squad or finances, what a fool I was. £2k transfer budget? £140k over wage budget and expected to challenge for the tittle. Managed to offload 5 first teamer's (reluctantly) to reduce the deficit and wage bill, currently £20k under wage budget but still no transfer budget and making a loss of £500k a month loss. And I can't see where I can do anymore.

Brought in loads of youth players including Jack Dunn and Kalanicic from Liverpool on a free as I'm skint as the board won't release more than £500 a week wages even though I'm under budget.

Currently one place above the relegation zone in November. Tough going this.

I ended up at Brondby in Denmark after falling out with the Chairman at Standard. I needed more funds to rebuild the squad as it needs quite a bit of work. Managed them for 16 games winning 8 drawing 4 and losing 4 shortened the gap from 14 points to overtake nearest opponents into 5th. Had manage a wage budget that when adjust tool my £5 million kitty away from me. Had to sell 4 of my first team to lower the war bill to make it more affordable to bring new players in. Asked the board for money and got told no.

So I quit.

Went to Brondby. I jut accepted it without liking at the squad or finances, what a fool I was. £2k transfer budget? £140k over wage budget and expected to challenge for the tittle. Managed to offload 5 first teamer's (reluctantly) to reduce the deficit and wage bill, currently £20k under wage budget but still no transfer budget and making a loss of £500k a month loss. And I can't see where I can do anymore.

Brought in loads of youth players including Jack Dunn and Kalanicic from Liverpool on a free as I'm skint as the board won't release more than £500 a week wages even though I'm under budget.

Currently one place above the relegation zone in November. Tough going this.

Sacked.

Not at Litev or Litex in Bulgaria.

Dutch cunts.

Sacked.

Not at Litev or Litex in Bulgaria.

Dutch cunts.

I Have loaded it up this morning and noticed I got sacked in the winter break. A winter break that I had 5 friendlies and scored 5 wins out of 5 and scored 35 goals.

Got the job at Litex and they are Sutton 4th 6 points behind the leaders Slavia Sofia with 13 games left. Won my first two 5-0 and 3-1 have a game in hand which a win can take me 3 points behind and into second spot on my own.