You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm going straight in with my win every Champions League journeyman game. Hopefully the adding and removal of leagues will make it a bit more varied.

Started with the English Leagues running plus all of the Asian nations, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and South Korea.

If the adding and removing of league works properly I can hopefully then drop them all and add North and South America and the African leagues once I am done in Asia.

Got my first job. I turned down offers from Persepam Pamekasan (Indonesian Premier League), Guangneung City (Korean National League), Johor Baru (Malaysian Premier League) and Persbul Buol (Indonesian Premier League).

I've taken over at PSAP Sigli in the Indonesian Premier League, the media prediction is to finish 1st and there is a budget of £4.2k per week for wages of which we are only spending £2k so it looks positive for getting promoted to the top flight.

Never though about doing a journeyman as usually I can only run a couple of leagues at a decent pace for my laptop. Going to start one I think due to the adding and removing of playable leagues.

I tend to do it mainly because I find is gets very easy managing one of the big European clubs.

If the adding and removing works properly and keeps the file size right it should be brilliant. Once I got nigh on 30 years in on 2011 the save game was about 1.5 gig and it just got totally unmanageable.

It's good for finding hidden gems, I first found that Hao Junmin on 2010 when I was managing in China and have found him very useful as a good all round winger elsewhere and he was a mainstay for my Anderlecht save even when the club was competing with the European powerhouses like Barca and Real.

Well my career thus far is proving not too successful.

Half way through the league season with PSAP and we are sitting 10th out of 12th with 3 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats.

I've more or less changed the entire squad but we can't seem to get most players match fit. Aside from that we are generally speaking just shit.

Signed a Brazilian called Joel in pre season who should be one of if not the most talented striker in the league, so far he has managed 2 goals and an assist in 8 games.

The other players I expected big things from are Miguel Rojas and Luis Eduardo. Luis Eduardo is an experienced Chilean left winger who has been shite so far. Miguel Rojas is another Chilean but plays in central midfield, he has been solid but ultimately not as effective as I had hoped, he leads the club in assists with five and takes the majority of our set pieces.

In the Indonesian Cup we got through the first round with a 6-2 aggregate win and are currently 4-3 up in the 2nd round after the first leg. Yet to face any top flight opposition yet though and if our performances in the 2nd tier in the league are anything to go by we will get battered if we do.

Edit: Played the second leg in the cup and lost 0-1 going out on away goals and then lost 2-3 in our 12th league game of the season. I got sacked immediately after the league defeat.

Started my first season (as in the league season itself) with a 1-0 win over the shite at Anfield. Scrappy game with a Dirk penalty after Heitinga decked Suarez in the box as he ran past him.

Not much money left after buying Marquez, Inter keep pestering me about Lucas which would bring in some funds but I'm wary of selling him as I'm not sure I can get a better replacement still. Considering selling Fabio and blooding Robinson as back-up to Enrique. All my decent youngsters outside my first 22 are on loan at Championship clubs now, but I'm always careful to stick a "Can be recalled" clause into all loan deals I sanction just in case I decide I need them later in the season (or if injuries decide for me!)

Regarding left-backs I was tempted to stick in a cheeky bid for Roberto Carlos as I can just about afford him, but I think for strengthening LB it would be better to do what I said above with Robinson getting some playing time to boost him for future seasons.

My problem is the players so far that I'd want to shift first are ones who have just arrived like Downing, Adam and Henderson, but since they've just arrived that'll have to wait till January at the earliest, and again only if I can get a better replacement with anything I receive for them.

The game was definitely more fun transfer market-wise at the start of FM11 (providing the FSG-takeover-patch was in of course!)

Went 1-0 down against L'Arse away, Arteta gets himself sent off on 47 minutes and we pump three goals past them in the second half. Dirk, Wilson (in for the injured Agger and Coates), and Suarez getting the third after missing about 10 other shots in the opening two games combined. Three assists from Shelvey who bagged MotM, like Wilson Shelvey seems overrated in the game, not complaining though!

Still only fourth after two games despite 100% record but it's a good start. Oldham in the second round of the League Cup next, still debating as I write whether to play one last game before bed or hit the sack now.

(I won't be making a habit of match-by-match updates, I promise!)

More so now then ever too. They're massive, complex games where you have to deal with the most minutiae of details and decisions, some of which can massively hamper your game if not done properly. I still play FM2010 but it takes so much more time than say CM2000/01 ,for example, when you basically picked a team, sorted training and tactics and signed players.

After exactly 6 months out of a job I got given the opportunity to manage Sun Hei in the Hong Kong First Division. Sun Hei had released previous coach Ricardo after a disaponting season had seen them finish 7th in the division.

With a minimum amount of transfer activity bringing in only 4 players to add to the squad I concentrated on rebuilding the clubs fragile confidence and returning to winning ways.An opening league run of 7 straight wins set the tone for the season.

In the League Cup we lost out 2-3 in the final against South China Athletic. South China also beat us in the Quarter Final of the Senior Shield when we lost 0-2 to them.

We avoided them in the FA Cup and won the final 2-0 against Kam Fung.

The league proved very tight and we went into the final game of the season with a 3 point lead over South China, a 0-0 draw against Tuen Mun was enough to secure us the league by a single point. If we had lost they would have beaten us on goal difference.

Final season tally was 14 wins, 6 draws and 2 defeats in the from 22 games in the League. Overall we played 32 games with 22 wins, 6 draws and 4 defeats.

The league title means we qualify for the Asian Federation Cup which is like a Asian Champions League Lite, with only teams from the lesser nations qualifying. It runs from March to October so we won't actually start to play in ituntil the end of the season and it will run into the 2014-15 season. Looks like I will be here until the end of 14-15 at least, unless the South China Athletic job came up.

Sun Hei Sports Club 2013/14 Season so far

Had a very active summer mainly because of a bunch of traitorous bastards who wanted more money than we could offer and left. In total we lost 9 players without bringing in a penny and one player for £500. Also out was left winger Joe MacDonald who went to Cardiff for a massive £210k.

Had most of our business done and sorted early in the the window so we had nearly two months to get everyone settled and used to the tactics. Early on we brought in 10 players for £34.5k total.

In the run up to the start of the season we got approached by the agent of a 19 year old Colombian attacking midfielder called Carlos Eduardo Escobar who had been released by his club. Signed him up immediately as he was miles ahead of anything else we have in midfield, other than that we had no deviation from the early business.

Hong Kong First Division

We opened the season with a 1-3 defeat against Sham Shui Po and I had concerns because they seriously battered us. From then on we went on a 10 game winning streak including beating South China.

At the halfway stage we have PL11, W10, D0, L1. 31 scored, 8 conceded. Second place South China are 8 points behind us and only ahead of Kitchee on goal difference.

Senior Shield

The Senior Shield runs through December while there are no league fixtures on. With a bye into the quarters this year we won 2-1 against Tuen Mun and followed that up with a 3-1 win against South China in the Semis despite being down to 10 men.

The final ended up 4-2 against Sham Shui Po with an excellent hat trick from midfield for Escobar to get us our 3rd trophy in two years.

Elsewhere in the World

Kenny had finished 2nd in 2011/12 and 3rd in 2012/13 and currently in Jan 2014 is top of the League by two points. No trophies picked up as yet.

Only other news of interest is Villa Boas taking over as manager of England.

Players

Just to give an idea of what they players are like out in Hong Kong and just how shite most of them are here is my spine.

Goalkeeper

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

gk-chung.jpg

Centre Half

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

dc-kilama.jpg

Central Midfield (Escobar)

cm-escobar.jpg

Central Midfield (The Player Escobar replaced)

cm-tam.jpg

Striker (Yes he is a midfielder but I play him up front as he is our best striker).

st-cahe.jpg

Playing the demo at the mo, I assume thats what the rest of you are playing?

As always I'm Liverpool. It seems to follow the basic format you have a blinding first few games, then a draw, then get bounced out of the league cup then you suffer your first loss, then an almighty drop in form before the internationals ruin everything.

Another thing they have updated to the point that Cole, and Aqua are already on loan and Meriles has been sold.

I was given only 2M to spend so I'm fucked for the season.

Board won't give me a dime.

On top of all that I lost suarez and Bellamy before the season even began, Suarez strained knee ligerments and just got him back and Bellamy with a torn hamstring (another 2 months).

Tip, go for Thiago, Barcelona midfielder, 20 yrs old. He's mustard. Got him on loan and the minute I praised his performance he got injured!

Any tips on who to axe for funds?

Hit December 31st 2011, facing the Mancs in the New Years Eve game. They're top, we're second one point adrift (was four for a while but Citeh did us a favour). We win we go top, anything else and the scum live to fight another day.

Due to no Europe and getting knocked out in early in the League Cup by the rentboys (took our revenge in the league 3-0 in the game prior to this one), I've had a fairly settled team in the first half of the year due to only having the league to focus on, something along the lines of:

--------------Reina-----------------

--Kelly----Carra---Wilson---Enrique--

-------------Lucas------------------

--------Shelvey---Henderson---------

--Kuyt----------------------Downing--

--------------Suarez------------------

Gerrard has been re-injured twice after his recovery from his initial injury at the start of the game so hasn't featured much, Bellamy was looking to nail down a place on my left before a long-term injury gave Downing a chance there.

Wilson has been a revelation after grabbing his chance when both Coates and Agger were injured and has been a mainstay in my defence since then. I'm seriously thinking of taking the gamble of seeing what I can get for Agger (perma-crock) in January and strengthening the rest of my team with what I can get. Same for Fabio really, he keeps picking up niggling injuries whenever he gets some game time either in the main team or the ressies for match fitness, this game is nothing but realistic I have to say.

Finding the game a little easy. Conceded only 5 goals in 13 games and spanked Chelsea 3-0 away and the Mancs 4-0 at home. Carroll has been shit so signed Petric. Brought in Tiago from Barça on loan to add to midfield. Lost 1 game like, that was against Norwich but I was down to 8 men with 2 dubious reds and an injury. Top of the league with City a point behind.

Lost to the Mancs away (fuck) then to Everton away (fucketty fuck) on the bounce, not the best start to 2012, although we still lie second with the rentboys and City failing to capitalise. Beat Preston in the 3rd round of the FA to get morale back up a bit. Did deals to sell Agger to Zenit for £8m and Fabio has gone back to Brazil for £1.5m, two drunken deals that I may regret in the morning.

Robinson has been recalled from loan and had a seamless re-introduction against Preston so here's hoping he'll do the business for the next 6 months as back-up to Enrique and progress from there.

Still lacking the funds for the centre mid I want to replace Adam though, may end up having a quiet January and look to have a good summer at the transfer market with a more trimmed wage bill. There's always Cole and Aquilani to either run the rule over or get some money for in the summer as well.

Sun Hei Sports Club 2013/14 Season

League Cup

The League Cup started off really well with a 4-0 win and a 5-0 win in the group section. Then we went on to beat Tai Po 3-0 in the Semis. In the final the lads just lost the plot and Kitchee did us 0-1 but could have scored a lot more.

Second year in a row we have been runners up.

FA Cup

Had a fairly easy time of it in the Cup with a 3-1 first round win over Kam Fung, 3-1 win against HKFC in the Quarters and a 4-1 win over South China in the Semis.

In the final we got revenge over Kitchee with another 1-0 but this time in our favour. Kitchee seem to be fast turning into a bogey side for us as we always seem to struggle against them in the league too.

Hong Kong First Division

We carried our league form into the second half with only two draws and a last day defeat against South China the only bad games.

Took the title with time to spare this time around finishing 11 points clear of Kitchee with South China a further 5 points behind them. Ended the league with 18 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses from the 22 games. Scored 61 and conceded 16.

Asian Confederation Cup

We started out well with four straight wins in the group stage but slipped up against Selangor and Muangthong. Still finished top of the group and got to face Kuwait SC in the 2nd round.

Battled hard against Kuwait but lost 2-3 which flattered us because they had most of the play.

It looks like the Confederation Cup will always be beyond us. The likes of the Indian and Malaysian sides we can compete against but the Arabic sides are well beyond us. The competition rules only allow for 3 foreigners in the side and the players Hong Kong produce aren't of a level to compete with the likes of Kuwait.

I'm looking to move on now, the Asian Champions League was the target and we can't qualify for that so I had hoped the Confederation Cup would give a bit of boost until then.

I've dropped the Singapore, India, Indonesia and Malaysia leagues because they are the same kind of level as Hong Kong.

Still have Australia, China and Korea running and I have added South Africa. MLS will come into the game in December 2014.

I need to be moving to Australia, China or Korea to progress now so I will be actively trying to get a job but plan to stay at Sun Hei until I do. Had issues trying to find jobs at times on older versions so I don't want to end up holidaying for months while waiting for a job to be offered.

Elsewhere Kenny has retired and been replaced by Marcelo Bielsa. Carra has been released from his contract and is available as a player. Turned down the chance to join me in Hong Kong though.

And I'm out. Got to December 2014 after 11 games of the league season.

Had tried for jobs all over the place and had no joy anywhere. Finally I managed to get the Shandong Luneng job in the Chinese Super League.

Leave Sun Hei in top spot after 9 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat. I hadn't played any cup games in this season.

Shandong Luneng

I've been given a massive £2.4m budget for transfers and we have a £45k wage budget of which we are using £32k.

The squad seems very bloated, with 82 players across the senior, reserve and under 19 squads.

They've had mixed fortunes of late and other than the 2014 Super Cup haven't picked up any trophies since 2010. They finished the 2014 season in 6th spot, 20 points of the Guangzhou who have won their 3rd title in a row (not bad for a team which only got promoted in 2011).

For a team that has been one of the big boys in China it's a long way from where they should be.

Planning on trimming the squad down initially and trying to get the foundations right then kick on from there. There are a few players in the squad I know from previous versions, Yan Xiangchuang in particular is one of my favourites from the past.