You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Demo is decent. Plenty on nice tweaks and like the tone option. Team meetings are good and i really have fired up the team. Only prob is getting the strikers to play well up front. Suarez is poor up top in my 4231 but stick him as a inside forward on the right and he causes havoc. The maim prob in the squd is dm we only have lucas and if he breaks im screwed as with only a 2m budget i cant sign anyone.

I have bought:

anthony vanden borre as a utility player and he has done well when called upon.

Estaban gamerro to play in any of my 3 on loan.

Vincenzo iquainta on loan as back up to carroll.

Playing this in 2d on a pc that was bought in 2004 and i dont find it too slow. and steam took roughly 1hr to download.

I will be buying a new pc in jan though so hopefully this will be ace

Played 18 games in the league, won 16, drew 2 and I'm only 2 point clear of the mancs! Kuyt is top goal scorer with 12 in league, downing is a complete monster, got a average rating of 7.68, and got 10 assists so far. Gutted its only the demo.

If you buy the game when it's released next week you can transfer your demo save game to it.

• 2 weeks later...
If you buy the game when it's released next week you can transfer your demo save game to it.

Nice, will get the game next week and transfer it, cheers mate. On the demo, did anyone have their screen resolution changed automatically? It seems the demo changes mine and the game itself looks stretched and big. If that makes any sense.

Bought it today. Wife bought clothes for our 4 day old son and I bought FM, only fair. Gutted to be losing my FM11 game with Torquay, I feel like I know my team inside out. Hate starting new games and spending ages getting rid of dead wood. I'll be hooked on this within a week.

Bought it today and started up my first proper game with Liverpool, after having a few days arsing around on the demo to get myself into it. Stopping in tonight with a crate of beer and having a good old-fashioned gaming night.

Money is tight (I'm guessing because of our real-life summer spending) so little room for manoevure with the squad initially. At first impressions of the squad I figured Lucas needed competition at DM so brought in Rafael Marquez (ex-Barcelona) from the MLS as my first signing (he'll get Raul's old shirt). Hardly mind-blowing but at 5 mil I reckon he'll be a good squad player for a couple of years, he looks a quality player still, just not physically up to playing every game, so at worst he'll keep Lucas fresh without impacting performance too much.

Speaking of Lucas I knocked back a £12mil offer from Inter, since only £4mil of that was paid up front. I was scouting DMs when coming across Marquez so if I get a decent amount up front I'd be tempted to cash in IF I can get a better player for the money received or less, but that's a non-starter for now.

Another reason against selling Lucas is when I use the "unrealistic transfers" filter on the player search for DMs, the highest valued (and best scout star-rated) players on the list (after Marquez was signed) are Sandro and Tom fucking Huddlestone.

Man City offered me £2mil for Robinson, told them to get fucked (and by "get fucked" I mean countering with an £20mil put-up-or-shut-up offer, which they obviously declined), as I can see myself easing him into the first team squad this season if Fabio's injury record stays true to real life (he got crocked for 2 months on my demo save before I abandoned it today)

Still in pre-season for now, first game of the season is against the shite so looking forward to that one...

I moan about it occasionally through the year and the whole activation thing this year is a Steaming (pun intended) pile of shite but I fucking love this game and release day keeps reminding me why.

Hate giving up on my Liverpool and Espinho FM11 teams but I'll be just as attached to my new teams soon enough I'm sure /geek alert

Seems to run a lot faster than last years.

I was thinking the same myself, but to be fair the way I set up my games (all European leagues, all South American leagues plus Mexico) they are probably quite clogged up by the time I get a year (in real time) into them, so it's noticeably quicker with a fresh save. I'll see how it plays out.

Then again I've always been an FM-multitasker anyway... do things in game...press continue...do other stuff while it's processing...resume game...rinse and repeat... so I might not notice it much.

I'm using a 4-1-2-3 from FM11 which served me well. 2 wins out of 2 friendlies so far but not as convincing as I'd like. Suarez has got two, Carroll 1 in those so it's working well for the strikers it seems. Adam also got a brace in first game.

Agree it seems faster than last years, my computer isn't the best and FM10 (the last version I played) used to take ages to get through the international breaks, seems to breeze through now.

Started as Liverpool, played 10 games so far and in 3rd place. Only signing I made is Nilmar as back-up striker, just playing a basic 4-4-2 until I get used to it.

I've bought Vanden Borre for some depth, gotten Amauri on loan and brought God back (as ever). Also gotten a deal done for Andy Polo just for the hell of it (won't arrive until 2013 - I assume those rules will prevent him coming here permanently until then IRL as well).

Been a good start, 100% record not played any tough games yet apart from Spurs in the League Cup. Tried to take over the reserves for an u19s game and got beaten 3-0 by Sporting... quite realistic this year (not just that, Suarez misses sitters, Carroll hasn't scored, Downing plays well but doesn't tangibly contribute much, Enrique is class and Kuyt has given the ball away when "retain possession" is on...)

So that's it, once the code is used once you need to buy another copy of the game to use it for another steam account?

Yes. But if you login to your steam account on another pc, you should be able to install it on multiple PCs. Last year you needed to login each time you started the game up, but hopefully you don't need to do that this year.

Apparently Kießling is easy to get on loan.

I've gone with what the game brands as 4-5-1 but has a bit 4-3-3 about it with Dirk/Maxi and Bellamy/Downing pushed up on the wings. Lucas/Marquez holding, with Adam/Henderson and Gerrard/Shelvey in the centre for now. Suso is getting a few pre-season run-outs while Gerrard is injured.

Suarez and Carroll are currently fighting for the central striker berth in pre-season, although I might play Luis wide left and Carroll in the centre in some games once the season gets underway and everyone is match-fit.

At the back I'm having Carragher and Skrtel fight for one spot with Coates/Agger another in the "ball playing defender" role. Although Wilson like on FM11 seems over-rated in this game (he was an absolute monster for me in '11) so might put a bit of pressure on Agger and Coates.

Just finished my first season.

Runner up in the league (to Man U)

Runner up in the FA Cup (to Chelsea)

Runner up in the League Cup (to Bolton!)

Kind of glad in a way, would have been ridiculous to win the treble in the first season.

Few things. Skrtel, Agger and Coates are all ridiculously good, all scored well over 7.50 average over the season. Suarez seems to be massively injury prone for some reason, he was missing for a total of 6 months over the season.

Maxi got a long term injury and decided to retire because of it which is something i'm not sure i've seen before.

Liking the game a lot, can see me playing it loads.

£2m to spend? Had to get shut of Maxi, I dont play with wingers so let him leave for £5m. Downing can play in the centre and I'm working on his coaching to make him more comfortable there for him, but he could be next on the hit list. Just played my first league game, 0-0 at Newcastle. I was shit.