You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I started a network game with a friend about two weeks ago, yesterday we finally got around to our second session... We both chose teams from the German 3rd Division, I'm managing Babelsberg, small team from Berlin. Was full of crap players and staff so I had to wield the axe on both fronts there. Was able to pick up a couple of unsigned talents from international youth squads. Of course I have no transfer budget whatsoever. We ar still in the pre-season shenanigans and I am trying to establish a deep 4-2-3-1.

My star striker is giving me a bit of a headache, though. He has the highest wage and his contract expires next summer. So this is my final chance to cash in on him, but no one seems to want him. I would like to keep him as he seems an ace target-man but his salary is destroying my wage structure.

Shortly before finishing yesterday I noticed Liverpool had set Adorjan to not needed, asking price of 50k €. All I could offer was squat but sometimes they still accept. He would fit nicely into the AMF role, I think.

Bit of a rant here...

So we are still playing this save when we can make the time but a few things have really pissed me off now (especially last night as we are in another January window now). I read that FM2012 is considered somewhat a bad apple but I don't know if my issues are related to that.

Most notably the player values appear to mean sweet fuck all. Maybe it is related to the division we are in, but I managed to snap up a few international U19 talents and such but it is impossible to sell them on for anything near their value (usually not even for free). Also, nobody is interested to take them on loan which is pretty unrealistic, given that a lot of them have already played on international level. FM2010 was the only FM I have really played before 2012 and it was much different then. When a player had a certain value you could be sure that you would more or less get that amount for him - sometimes less, sometimes even more. BUt the lack of loan options is pissing me off most at the moment.

Sorry for ranting about an old FM version. MY mate and I decided we would leave out FM2013 and start a new game when FM2014 comes out. I'm not so sure that was a wise decision now...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...