You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EDIT - The below never worked for me, but apparently has for others!

Think I've sorted it. Was getting a Steam error - 'Cannot start game, try another time' or something along those lines. Apparently something to do with an update that went in last night and some systems are going a bit nuts installing and running the programme (I bought via disc). If you get it, try verifying the game cache which should find the error and then proceed with the update. How to do it is here;

You can thank me later

Right, back on it now.

Never though about doing a journeyman as usually I can only run a couple of leagues at a decent pace for my laptop. Going to start one I think due to the adding and removing of playable leagues.

I did a journeyman game on 11. Started off at Sparta Prague, won 7 doubles on the bounce, furthest I got in the CL was the semis twice. Then went to De Graafschaff (sp) in Eredevisie 2 and won the league in my first season then got the cup in my second season and a top 6 finish. Then went to France and took over Nantes who were hovering above the bottom 4 in Lige 2 managed to get them promoted and finish top half the following season.

Ended up at League 1 Everton (yes they ended up that shit. Still skint and at Woodison. Had to keep selling my good players and got as far as 16th in the Premier League before I took the England job after 3 years at Everton. Won the World Cup and got offered the United (who were now a mid table side thanks to Mike Phelan and then Phil Neville. Fucked them off of course and went to Genoa, who had just lost their manager to Milan. Got them from 4th bottom to Champions within 3 years. Got to the quarters of the CL.

Then I decided to add Windows 7 onto my PC and forgot to back it all up.

I just do the journeyman thing for a bit of variety out of the game. I've done European domination with Liverpool, done Blyth Spartans from lower league to Champions League so jumping ship a lot gives it a different challenge.

I'm through my first Shandong season but I'll not be updating today as I've been at work and can't be arsed. Been a very up and down season with player revolts, record signings, goal scoring droughts, goal scoring records being broken and massive injury problems.

Into March in my first season now. The scum are pissing the league (grrr..), while us, City and Chelsea have been covered by a blanket in 2/3/4 for most of the season, with Spurs cut adrift in 5th and Arsenal recovering to 6th after a woeful, Hodgson-esque start.

Approaching the last 10 games of the season so it's pretty certain we'll finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th (lie 3rd currently).

Couldn't afford to buy anyone worth buying in the January window so I'm still pretty much working with what I had at the start of the game. Been on the look-out for Bosmans for the summer but there's none really catching the eye, looking forward to finishing this first season, getting back in the CL and hopefully having some money to bring in some better quality.

Adam was shite the first half of the season and I'd pretty much made up my mind to sell him once I could get a replacement but he's really come on song of late, as has Skrtel who has forged an excellent partnership with Wilson at the back. Robinson has been brought into the first team and has been outstanding with the exception of a three match ban for a scything foul that even looked painful on the computer screen, he's proving great back-up for Enrique so I'm not really missing Agger and Fabio at all, thankfully.

Quick tip, either use a pre game or a save game editor - increase Tom Wener's patience to 20 and lower the clubs reputation by about 50. Should stop you being sacked so quickly in season 1!

Error on my part which was missed in testing

I must admit I was a bit concerned when the game started and I was given "£2m transfer budget - title challenge" as the minimum expectation. I've managed to break a few points away from City/Chelsea into a clear 2nd place and closed to within 6 points of the Mancs at the top, would that be enough to keep my job at the end of the season people reckon?

It's been brought up about three times in press conferences about my relationship with Werner which I did find a bit strange, I always took the "absolutely no problems at all" option each time, since as far as I know there aren't any, but I'm a bit worried after this post now.

My current overall board confidence stat is "Stable", 54%.

Into the last six games of the season, closed to within three points of the Mancs after they fucked up at Swansea. Pepe and Henderson had the hump with me over my team talks (being a bit too demanding), but a couple of Private Chats later and that appears sorted, I will try and tone them down a notch in the future.

Slurgie admitted in a press conference "You have to consider them contenders" about us, I was asked for a reply but didn't give one, think I'd rather just concentrate on the matches than running the gauntlet of the game's "mind games" algorithms and potentially fucking things up.

Just started out as Liverpool and Suarez is scarily accurate; dances past players for fun but can't score. Gerrard played for 9mins and is out again for 4 months.

Adam has been poor but Shelvey has been excellent.

Like the real side I'm not scoring many and desperate for a striker.

Kuyt was POTY for me in the second season, 20 goals playing as Inside Forward from a right wing position. Carroll is up and down. I tend to play wide and hit early crosses, also having him as target man and Adam as playmaker seems to get him a few as well. Usually play Suarez up top though.

Anyone know how to get Andy Carroll to score? Im playing a 4231 with a narrow 3 with Kuyt upfront as a poacher and he has been immense. 12 in 17 from him.

Got him bagging a shitload playing a 4-1-2-3 with him as the main striker. Suarez on the right gets a lot too and Bellamy/Kuyt on left who can't score for toffee.

Not happy with fixtures. Iwas 3rd 4 points off the mancs when i had the stupidist order of games.

Arsenal at home

chelsea away

utd home

newcastle away.

Lost the first 0-3, second i won 2-0 at chelsea hitting the woodwork 4 times before hammering the mancs 2-0 with 14 shots on target and 12 off. They managed 3 shots and were awful. Im now 2 point behind but my final 4 games of the season are the same as above with

Finished my first season in third after fading behind City at the death (and losing to them in the FA Cup Final to boot).

Finding it hard to buy the quality first team replacements I need in the new season but getting by. Splashed out a bit on a Spanish 15-year-old regen left-winger and signed Areola as a back-up GK again (as I did in FM2011 which worked out well as he'd all but replaced Pepe by the end of my 6 season game), also in for a Brazilian DM Romulo for a reasonable price as back-up to (and long-term replacement for) Lucas. Hoping for a decent CL run to raise some funds for my third year though.

To be honest I've barely changed my squad. Third season:

GK - Reina, Gulasci, Brazales (regen)

DR - Johnson, Kelly, Flanagan

DL - Enrique, Robinson

DC - Coates, Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Wilson

DM - Lucas, Spearing, Coady

MC - Adam, Shelvey, Henderson

AMR - Kuyt, Lucas Moura, Sterling

AMC - Gerrard, Ozil, Suso

AML - Downing, Shaqiri

ST - Suarez, Carroll, Bueno, Gusev (regen)

Moura, Ozil and Shaqiri have been the only major purchases. Suso has been class for me and Sterling is getting there now. Wisdom was excellent as a DM for me last year but sent him off to the championship for a season. The only other players I've signed are Robbie Cotton and Andy Polo, although I have a couple of prodigious regens waiting to turn 18 at Boca.

One of the regens (nsfw for space reasons):

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Gomis.png