You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Song?

I think Arsenal will hammer Udinese tonight, and then they'll be the best team ever again.

God i miss CL football.

Banned for 3 matches aswell, so he won't be playing against us either. Arsenal will have quite a weak team for this, especially if Wilshere doesn't recover in time (not sure how long he's supposed to be out for)

EDIT: Maybe he hasn't been, but Henry Winter assuming he will be.

Their back four on Saturday is really going to be god awful. With Gibbs out, and Traore injured, they're left with no natural left back, so either Jenkinson will start on the left again (he's a right back and played left back for the first time today), or probably worse for Arsenal, Vermaalen will play left back and Squillaci, who is one of the most atrocious CB's I've seen in the PL will play.

We really must have a go at these from the start, if we hoof the ball up to Carroll all game and gift them possession, they will win.

I think Rosicky was limping off as well.

Hardly surprising seeing as he's pretty much their Fabio. Vermaelen is a great defender too but he won't be able to keep us quiet on his own. Only problem being that we don't seem to have got ourselves sorted yet so it could be quite a mad game. Won't be surprised at all if it's another 1-1 draw with end to end footie for the most part.

Think Kenny should be a bit more adventurous for this. Would like to see :

-------------------------jones

-degen-------------------soto-------------------------insua

------el zhar-----kuyt----lucas----henderson----cole

------------------------poulsen

-------------------------n'gog

The 3-6-1 "Destroyer".

Allow Degen and Insua to bomb forward at will. Poulsen as the last midfielder should see a lot of the ball from the midfield 5 line so his "Wizardry" can be maximised to feed N'Gog over 90 minutes. Soto should be able to deal with their "tippy tappy" football without even having a strand of his fine hair ruffled.

Think Kenny should be a bit more adventurous for this. Would like to see :

-------------------------jones

-degen-------------------soto-------------------------insua

------el zhar-----kuyt----lucas----henderson----cole

------------------------poulsen

-------------------------n'gog

The 3-6-1 "Destroyer".

Allow Degen and Insua to bomb forward at will. Poulsen as the last midfielder should see a lot of the ball from the midfield 5 line so his "Wizardry" can be maximised to feed N'Gog over 90 minutes. Soto should be able to deal with their "tippy tappy" football without even having a strand of his fine hair ruffled.

GENIUS. Poulsen would kill it in the hole.

Last nights team was the wost arsenal team ive seen in 20 years

We will never have a better chance of beating them,

0-2 to us i reckon

Kuyt in for henderson,keep flannaghan in the team,

He was superb at the emirates last season,

I can see suarez and carroll destroying that defence.

Cant wait for this game.

Agger?

Thought the same thing, just woke up and had a right face on when I didn't even see him listed as a sub! Maybe he thinks he's injured or just forgot him?

I remember Newcastle and WHU last season were matches we should have won. Newcastle had just sacked Hughton and WHU were in a relegation battle. We didn't win. But I'm more about optimism these days.

At the same time I can remember several of us saying that Ashley had deliberately timed the sacking before they played us because we had Roy in charge and he knew he could get a result. Ashley seriously does my head in but I still think he did that on purpose.