You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I hope to see Ryo miyachi comes off the bench and makes his debut, should rape that rubbish kid you have on the right back

Haha we may play "one" rubbish kid, but you have a whole team of them. If there is a club with shite attitude in the PL it's got to be Arsenal.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is a better result

Newcastle Arsenal 0-0

Liverpool Sunderland 1-1

Considering that Sunderland will finish in the top half... probably 8th or so... and Newcastle will finish in the bottom half... probably 13th or so...

I'd suggest our result... but let's be honest, neither result was good.

Gone to the game with my friend but will have to be quite - Because i'm in the home stand with the Arsenal fans. But i really think we should win this one, So i hope we don't go there like previous seasons and be content with a draw and not having too much possession.

@ The person who called Flanno shit his played for us about 10 times and that's his first bad mistake his made and the first match i was disappointing in him. He keeped Nasri very quite at the Emirates last season not remember that no? His 18 his still learning and defense is a hard position for a youngstar because similar to a keeper if you mess up bad there is little lee way. As apposed to a striker who had a minger.

First 11:

............................Reyna

...............Carraghar............Agger

Kelly................................................Enrique

.............................Lucas

...............Adams..................Meiralas

.......................Suarez...Downing

.............................Carroll

I think it would be a big mistake to drop Flanno, Kenny needs to show faith in him and play him again or it will destroy his self belief.

Lucas is nailed on for me, never had the greatest game against the black cats but always turns up for us in big games against big teams.

Ended up going with Aquaman over Adam and Raul as it will be a less physical game and he had a strong pre season. I think his style is suited perfectly to this sort of opposition and he will be an extra threat arriving from deep for the second balls from Carol.

pepe

Flano

Cahill (or Cara)

Agger

Enrique

Downing

Lucas

Aqualani

Kuyt

Caroll

Suarez

Im loving people's optimism in this thread but I wouldn't be so quick to tell Abs we are going to dick all over them. We always find it tough going there and although they've now lost Fabregas its still going to be a very difficult game.

Lets hope we do manage to shut Abs up for a while though.

Im loving people's optimism in this thread but I wouldn't be so quick to tell Abs we are going to dick all over them. We always find it tough going there and although they've now lost Fabregas its still going to be a very difficult game.

Not just dick them la, DEEP DICK them!

Love the "agenda" too.

Not just dick them la, DEEP DICK them!

Love the "agenda" too.

Exactly.

It'll be like this:

Deep%20Impact.gif

I hope Caroll plays and you make the same mistake Newcastle did. They played Ba and Ameobi and just fed them long balls as our defence is weak in the air and it didnt get them anywhere. I would be far more worried of players who can run with the ball like Kuyt and Suarez than Carra hoofing to Caroll. We will properly play very high line as Caroll have the pace of my grandma

As far as the games goes....We are not the finished team and expect alot of ins and outs. But here's the team i expect to play

--------------Schezny------------------

Sagna----Koscielny----Vermaelen----Gibbs

------Frimpong--------Wilshere----------

Walcott--------Ramsey-----------Arshavin

--------------Van Persie------------------

I hope to see Ryo miyachi comes off the bench and makes his debut, should rape that rubbish kid you have on the right back

You can't be making players up!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This will not be an easy game; playing Arsenal away never is. We still have a team which is learning to play together, and gaining fitness after a disjointed pre-season. Any win there will have to be hard-fought, because their speed and style of play means they're going to have to be beaten; they're not going to hand it to us on a plate.

However, having seen the likely team Abs posted earlier, I think this match represents our best change of getting an away win at Arsenal for many years. Over the last decade, you look at their team sheet and you saw genuine giants of the game: Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira; backed up by quality players like Pires, Cole, Ljungberg, Campbell. Over their recent history you had to contend with players like Fabregas, Nasri, Gallas, Adebayor. The teams we've had to face down the years have been excellent.

When I look at Abs' line-up, though, I see few players deserving if a place in that category of players. Okay, they've still got Van Persie, who is a tricky layers at the best of times, and the mindless speed of Walcott, but there's no leadership, no sign that they'll come back and fight if they lose an early goal. Players like Gibbs and Frimpong, they don't set your heart racing at the thought of facing them.

They can beat us, that's for sure. They have pace and penetration from the likes of Arshavin, Walcott and Van Persie; we shouldn't be flippant about the qualities they have - Dalglish won't be. However, us going there and trouncing them isn't out of the question either. Despite Abs' inane ramblings, we're getting into a grove of passing and moving, and we've got some very tricky players of our own. Whilst Carroll might not be the fastest player in the team, he's quicker than Abs gives him credit for.

I don't see the point in debating whether or not it should be Kuyt or Carroll; they'll bother player, or rather they should. Kuyt is brilliant in matches against the better sides in the league. He'll give Kelly/Flanno support, but he'll also get up and supply Carroll and Suarez. Our left flank looks solid as arseholes and, for all my bitching about his transfer fee, Downing isn't likely to let us down out there. My side to trump Arsenal:

---------------------------Reina---------------------------

Kelly-----------Carra--------------Agger---------Enrique

----------------Adam--------------Lucas------------------

---Kuyt-----------------Suarez---------------Downing---

-------------------------Carroll----------------------------

The team is capable, and doesn't deserve the ignorant mocking it received from Abs. If we can control the midfield, and I suspect Adam and Lucas can do that. Downing and Kuyt won't be shy of coming in and lending a hand, either. In attack, Suarez, Kuyt and Downing will switch about all game, which I like to see. Then we've got corners and freekicks from the end of Adam's boot. We're not a joke, and as the season progresses, we're going to gain respect, even from trolling popinjays like Abs.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Isn't RVP, Song and Wilshere all out of this game?

Wilshire looks like he's a doubt - return date is 20th August - but Van Persie looks fine.

Good post by Número Veinticinco, I agree with all the points he's made and the team he thinks we should put out.

If you not aware, I've challenged Abs to a bet on the Summer 2011 Thread.

If we win he removes his account and fucks off or agrees to being banned.

If they win, he gets to keep on posting the same boring shite he's been spouting for the past few months.

Depsite all his cocky talk about what Arsenal are going to do to us, he hasn't come back with a response - probably in the knowing that with something at stake, Arsenal will choke. Again.

Is this Pingpong lad a proper holding midfielder?

Frimpong has played next to Jack Wilshere since he was 9....They have always been midfield partners together....they got promoted together last season, sadly for him a week before the season he had a big injury which mean he missed the season.

He's an absolute tank, basically a much quicker version of Song. He's not as good overall player.....but you will be surprised by how strong and quick he is. I say its matter of time before he establish himself. I think you guys will be surprised with how he deals with Adam who is far from the quickest player

Frimpong vs Boca Juniors - YouTube

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Frimpong has played next to Jack Wilshere since he was 9....They have always been midfield partners together....they got promoted together last season, sadly for him a week before the season he had a big injury which mean he missed the season.

He's an absolute tank, basically a much quicker version of Song. He's not as good overall player.....but you will be surprised by how strong and quick he is. I say its matter of time before he establish himself. I think you guys will be surprised with how he deals with Adam who is far from the quickest player

Frimpong is tidy enough, but erratic and positionally quite weak. His control and passing leave a lot to be desired. There's much more to a player than just pace. If not, Cisse would be the worlds greatest player and we'd all be saying 'Zidane who'.

tumblr_lbwmippesu1qd2avdo1_500.gif

Looked like a very raw version of Tiote.

You think he'll play much this year?

Frimpong is tidy enough, but erratic and positionally quite weak. His control and passing leave a lot to be desired. There's much more to a player than just pace. If not, Cisse would be the worlds greatest player and we'd all be saying 'Zidane who'.

Thats true, he's naive and positionally weak....but the upside is he has an amazing work rate. But I dont think there enough in a midfield with lucas and adam to expose him, they are very stationary and make passes early. Someone like Gerrard would be hard for him as he would drive in the space he leaves between defence and midfield and cause problems.

Im interested to see how attacking Liverpool will be for this one, I think we are not in the best shape and dont have a settled team enough. But we are also nowhere near as bad as some people in the media would make you believe. Truth is Liverpool is not that settled either with several new players bedding in