9 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

What he’s up to tomorrow : attending court on a charge of assault, SHOCKINGLY* on a woman.

* Well no, not that shocking. Source is https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11763/12363577/joey-barton-bristol-rovers-manager-charged-with-assault-by-beating-after-woman-suffers-head-injury

At least he'll have something to watch while he's banged up

You just know you’re going to watch that and, if possible, think he’s an even bigger twat. He’s just Begbie with a modicum of footballing ability.

• Upvote 1

Shocked to read this. When I saw him tweeting a few knocked-off Nietzsche quotes and pontificating on Newsnight I thought he was an intellectual man of letters now.

His finest moment was during the the Stone Roses Heaton Park comeback gigs.  They were playing Don’t Stop and he started tweeting his amazement they were “playing Waterfall backwards”. Helmet.

• Upvote 2

I particularly liked him saying the scottish league is beneath him and Scott Brown not being able to lace his boots. Then of course Scott Brown spent 90 minutes destroying the blert and even making a cunt out of him with a bounced ball. He never played for them lot again after that game. 

JS99187812.jpg

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12305526/brown-barton-talked-a-good-game-i-showed-him-one

He's actually gotten worse as he's got older. Usually they'd grow out of it and you could pass it off as the stupidity of youth, but he's worse now than he ever was.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I particularly liked him saying the scottish league is beneath him and Scott Brown not being able to lace his boots. Then of course Scott Brown spent 90 minutes destroying the blert and even making a cunt out of him with a bounced ball. He never played for them lot again after that game. 

JS99187812.jpg

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12305526/brown-barton-talked-a-good-game-i-showed-him-one

Genuinely didn't even know he played for Rangers. 

Basically everywhere he's been he's been shit and done nothing. He's just created a myth that he is this naturally talented player who needed the right environment to thrive but he's that complex a character no one has been able to unlock his talent.  Like a DH Gate Balotelli. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Would have been tempted to say, in answer to the Barcelona question, something along the lines of "Well, we know it'll be tough. We're playing against Xavi and Iniesta not Joey Barton".

10 hours ago, redinblack said:

Hes just a shit Steven Gerrard.

The comparisons to Gerrard stop at scouse midfielder. He’s not even a shit Steven Gerrard. He’s more of a skid mark on his boxies, although Gerrard wouldn’t have skiddies anyway 

• Upvote 2

On 26/07/2021 at 07:55, Jairzinho said:

Would have been tempted to say, in answer to the Barcelona question, something along the lines of "Well, we know it'll be tough. We're playing against Xavi and Iniesta not Joey Barton".

To be fair Scott wasn't wrong

FC Barcelona on Twitter: "[FULL-TIME] FC Barcelona v Celtic (7-0) ⚽️ Messi  (3', 27', 60'), Neymar (50'), Iniesta (59'), Luis Suárez (75', 88')… "

14 minutes ago, Stickman said:

To be fair Scott wasn't wrong

FC Barcelona on Twitter: "[FULL-TIME] FC Barcelona v Celtic (7-0) ⚽️ Messi  (3', 27', 60'), Neymar (50'), Iniesta (59'), Luis Suárez (75', 88')… "

Celtic were robbed. That game could have gone either way. It was a really tight affair until the first goal.

In the third minute.