You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How so?

He cost a fortune last week, and he'll cost even more next week.

Contract running out has little todo with it right now, he'd still command a bidding war in the January window even.

Because he scored a goal?

Who is this bidding war going to be between? And his contract has everything to do with it. How do you think we got Enrique for £6m?

Put down the crack pipe.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll never be sold in January. No chance, he'll sign a very fat pre-contract and join someone on a free in the summer and Bolton know it. They're desperate to sell him.

The fact that the price seems to have gone down significantly (heck, around June the word was that they were asking for almost £20m, now we're talking £12m + N'Gog) should tell you all you need to know, the cards are in our hands, every day that goes by without someone else coming in for him, the price drops some more. I reckon we're playing the waiting game, although I really hope we'll have a new CB for Saturday.

I think that if we really have made a bid then there was probably some contact with his agent already and we feel that personal terms can be agreed. Clubs wouldn't waste time in long negotiations without getting a feel for the players' own demands first.

I think his wage demands were high when City were interested, they're not interested anymore as far as I'm aware so he has no leg to stand on if he tries to demand obscene wages.

Boltons only hope is that they can get 2 teams or more bidding for Cahill and that isnt going to happen now if we are the only bidder then £8m + Ngog and a player on loan for the season like Jonjo Wilson or Robinson getting Ngog of the wage bill would be a big plus but any deal involving him would mean we need to bring in another forward so unless we have the money for both then its not as good a deal as it first looks

We have to get rid of players like Aquilani Cole and Poulson the money brought in from those sales would sign another player but i would like to see these gone before the last week of the window

If as looks likely Modric moves to Chelsea then Cole will be the one they look to bring in Millan look to be ready to make there move for Aquilani

and Poulson looks like he might be off to Spain for another Holiday

Degan and El Zaha should both be sent back out on Loan for the season or Chopped up and used to feed Insua

If homes can be found for just half of that lot Dalglish will have pulled of a brilliant summer in the transfer market IMHO

cahill looks like transfer day deadline deal no where is brian swanson and that fucking hellicopter.

Andy Burton's phones will be working overtime if Cahill leaves it that late.

I was thinking the same though,Bolton will have to sell in this window and imo,the longer they leave it the slightly better the price,just because they will hope to get a last minute bidding war between us(possibly),Arsenal and i think Spurs might have a go aswell they've been quite so far and King,Dawson picked up a few different niggles last season they are short there.It will become a last minute scramble (or i think Bolton will be hoping so)

If Bolton win their next game, after winning the first game 4-0, I think the manager will try some half-arsed attempt at persuading him that Bolton could win a trophy this season, or qualify for the Europa League.

And I think Cahill might buy into it.

Ergo, he may sign a new deal or may not, but Bolton know their season would fall apart without him, so with delusions of grandeur I can see them asking to be properly recompensed for the loss of Cahill so late in the transfer window.

And, if someone wants him enough in January, he'll go for good money in January.

I don't think Arsenal will be after him in January though, they've already signed a pre-agreement with Phil Jagielka for next season. I know one of the Arsenal physio's, by chance.

So they'll try to buy someone now, perhaps, but I don't think they'll be so frantic come January.

I don't think Arsenal will be after him in January though, they've already signed a pre-agreement with Phil Jagielka for next season. I know one of the Arsenal physio's, by chance.

That physio is obviously not aware of the transfer rules then. A player can sign a pre-contract agreement with another club only within 6 months of his existing contract expiring. Even then, the new club cannot be from the same county (the official term is "association") as his current club. If Arsenal and Jagielka have done what your physio mate is suggesting, then they have circumvented the rules, which seems to be a common theme with them, what with Wenger relaying instructions to his coaches whilst banned last night. Your physio mate would be best advised to work on finding out why so many of their players have issues with their hamstrings.

He's not a mate, he's a gobshite who's been chatted up by a couple of Gooner friends of mine, but I know who he is.

Not sure why you're so surprised though. Either way, it's happened and he's going to be wearing red next season.

What he means is that this pre-contract signing is against the rules, and cannot be done, so will not happen, regardless of who says it. He could only sign a pre-contract with foreign club, and even then, not until January.

,just because they will hope to get a last minute bidding war between us(possibly),Arsenal and i think Spurs might have a go aswell they've been quite so far and King,Dawson picked up a few different niggles last season they are short there.It will become a last minute scramble (or i think Bolton will be hoping so)

Not going to happen. Spurs chairman has told redknapp on numerous occassions that he has to sell to buy. Last time I checked no one had left Spurs.