You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I think West Brom will be fine. They were unlucky against Man Utd. That odemwingie is class. They will stay up quite comfortably I reckon.

Seriously??

I reckon they're fucked.

Owl face is great at coming in and surviving with other people's players.... Once he establishes his own brand of dog-shit it's brown kecks time.

See: Liverpool 2010, Blackburn Rovers 1998.

I'm sick of hearing about what he did at Fulham... their fucking league form was shocking during that 'Europa miracle' season.

The penny is beginning to drop for some of them.

Feel quite sorry for them. The Owl faced fucker is bringing his 34 years of 4-4-2 to the poor bastards. West Bromwich Owl-bion.

Best they can hope for is that he gets the Ingerlund job.

What's with all the bringing up of Roy hate today?

We've got Kenny, signed loads of players, playing good stuff and things are looking good.

Some of you dudes need your priorities fixing.

No hate, well not on my part. I just find it interesting to see some of the arguments (sans abuse) that were being made on this forum, are now appearing on West Brom forums. And I take an interest in West Brom because I have a good friend who is a Baggies fan.

Guest ian garro
What's with all the bringing up of Roy hate today?

We've got Kenny, signed loads of players, playing good stuff and things are looking good.

Some of you dudes need your priorities fixing.

Also, the creating, or bumping, of threads about him, actually remind me that he was once our 'manager'.

It's been a tough month and I could do without that shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Even The Guardian feel safe in taking the piss these days:

4.07pm: Time for some furious face rubbing on the away bench at the Liberty Stadium, methinks. It's now Swansea 3-0 West Brom, Nathan Dyer taking advantage of a Leroy Lita flick-on to extend the home side's lead.

Saturday football clockwatch | Paolo Bandini | Football | guardian.co.uk

Finally it dawns on the Brummies that Hodgson is actually a quite limited, narrow-minded manager. 4-4-2 may not work, but Roy Hodgson knows nothing else. There's no hope of him ever abandoning his rigid, flat 4-4-2. He doesn't have the personnel for it at WBA, he didn't have the personnel for it here either, but it didn't and won't stop him because that's the system he employes wherever he goes.

It drove me nuts during his tenure that he wouldn't change his formation and system despite us clearly not having players suited to a flat 4-4-2 (Torres, Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard, Johnson, Cole etc, none of these players were ever going to work in his system), I expect similar feelings for them.

Edited by BenR_

4 4 2 aint working

The last post on that thread.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here's another cracker:

Roys way of setting us up.....

"Why the fuck has he changed it so bloody much?

Utter nonsense!

He's taken all the ability out of our midfield to pass, interchange and move. Were two banks of four with two isolated forwards, you can see why Liverpool fans were so fuming if he tried to do this to them

We look like relegation fodder I'm afraid to say!

4-2-3-1 seems to have been ditched, why?

Whether we salvage anything here or not Roy needs a rethink with the players at his disposal!"

:D

as much as it illustrates our point with his failure - i can't get too carried away. our 3 points today is more important. we're currently level on points and games with everton. we've got a chance today to put some daylight between us and our main 2 rivals. I can't get into gloating while we have our own job to do. take the piss tonight.