You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

He said something about them trying to contain Pirlo but a player of his quality always finds the space...there was nobody within 20 yds of him virtually all game.

Ridiculous comment. He knew Pirlo was the danger man, in fact it is said that he himself played Pirlo in training and drilled the team on how to close him down. Never before seen photos show him in this training session.

13868794.jpg

This quote is brilliant, is from the article "Hodgson´s analyze" The FA - The website for the English football association, The FA Cup and The England football team

“I thought we created some very good chances but Italy came at us time and time again. In some ways, you might almost prefer a goal from them in that time when they were playing well, because it’s not as cruel as penalties".

:wallbutt:

Can you imagine if you were a fat, ugly cunt who wanted him as Liverpool manager though?

And then when he fell on his arse and got found out for the shit cunt that he is, decided that your best defence for being a clueless, embarassing cunt who waddled round the site with a smell under his nose was to then say it was a good appointment, because it saved that poor, shrinking violet Kenny from having to take the pressure on from a job that he wanted and eventually got when your Royalist poppet got the sack for being shit?

I think when you reach a certain weight on this site, you become even more ludicrous.

Best thing to do in that case is to keep digging though. Dont admit you're wrong, just keep making excuses and make yourself look even more stupid. Keep shifting those goalposts and hope that nobody notices.

I think you can tell a fellas politics on this site though. Just as Jesus, a first century, left wing, Communist preacher became the pin up boy for the most vile, right wing fuck ups on the planet, people like Bascombe, Carragher and Hodgson become the pin ups for the wrongest, fattest, right wing cunts on here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3JtSz1B7UWedh6DNcYgTqavvcJ2e8ihwdfiPsB9ZwAbN8ExxJj8Hp-B9_

Team Cougar

Guest TK-421
This quote is brilliant, is from the article "Hodgson´s analyze" The FA - The website for the English football association, The FA Cup and The England football team

“I thought we created some very good chances but Italy came at us time and time again. In some ways, you might almost prefer a goal from them in that time when they were playing well, because it’s not as cruel as penalties".

:wallbutt:

"That time when they were playing well". That would be the whole game, then.

What a fuckin' flake. Imagine asking that spineless old cunt to inspire and lead your country.

Guest TK-421

Remember people wanting Roy, konchesky, Joe Cole and Poulsen and thinking we would challenge for the league. People actually wanted that!

Silly twats.

Can you imagine if you were a fat, ugly cunt who wanted him as Liverpool manager though?

And then when he fell on his arse and got found out for the shit cunt that he is, decided that your best defence for being a clueless, embarassing cunt who waddled round the site with a smell under his nose was to then say it was a good appointment, because it saved that poor, shrinking violet Kenny from having to take the pressure on from a job that he wanted and eventually got when your Royalist poppet got the sack for being shit?

I think when you reach a certain weight on this site, you become even more ludicrous.

Best thing to do in that case is to keep digging though. Dont admit you're wrong, just keep making excuses and make yourself look even more stupid. Keep shifting those goalposts and hope that nobody notices.

I think you can tell a fellas politics on this site though. Just as Jesus, a first century, left wing, Communist preacher became the pin up boy for the most vile, right wing fuck ups on the planet, people like Bascombe, Carragher and Hodgson become the pin ups for the wrongest, fattest, right wing cunts on here.

I don't know who this is aimed at, but it's quite funny.

As bad as this man is, no one can get this squad playing any better. Gulf in technique there for all to see, even against Ukraine.

No way are the English players as bad as Hodgson makes them look. They're not as good as the Spanish, Germans, or even the Portuguese, but they should be able to compete against any side, especially a mediocre Italian one. They didn't even do that.

Boy, when the press eventually go after Woy, it'll be the funniest turkey-killing episode since...

sarah-palin-turkey-slaughter1.png

Reaching the quarter finals, and finishing unbeaten in open play, was as good as it was going to get, whoever the manager was.

Tactically, we failed both to get to grips with Pirlo, and give Gerrard enough time on the ball.

Rooney was exposed as not being a world vlass footballer now, Young and Parker struggled to justify international class.

Johnson was a big winner from the tournament, not as a defender, he is still caught out of position too often to be effective at the very top, but as a wide midfielder/wing back where he has excelled.

Carroll continued hios rehabilitation, doing little wrong. LFC gained much from the Euros. Gerrard's pride as captain of our national side will serve us well. Johnson and Carroll will have taken a lift too from the deservedly favourable notices.

It is difficult to see the England team progressing under Hodgson, but chillingly, there is preciosu little coming through for any manager to work with. Wenger is hailed as some sort of footballing genius, yet Walcott has failed to progress at all. Oxlade- Chamberlain looked no better than henderson, who in turn looked what he is, a Sunderland grade player.

Perversely Hodgson's approach has reassured me that we are right to take a gamble with Rodgers. He might fail, but if he does, it wil be trying something different.

I think there is talent coming through, its just that we would need to start from scratch with a different style of play, and Hodgson is clearly not the manager to do that.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is an 18 year old who has played 16 Prem games so far, but harsh to criticise him. But there are some good, young players coming through for us, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. Its just they are just 6 to 8 years away from being competitive on the international stage.

The problem with the game in this country is the amount of unintelligent comment passed by the media and how it dictates most things.

"we need someone like Pirlo" is something I'm seeing a lot of. The mans 40, where we these fans of Pirlo 15 years ago?the problem wasn't Pirlo, the problem was letting him have all he time in the World to dictate things. It could have been any one of 100 players destroying us if given that time and space.

The problem was an England TEAM instructed to undertake a damage limitation exercise.

The problem was also Rooney, he was ghastly, it was like an England supporter was allowed on the pitch to just jog around and watch the game. He looked like an old man, totally unfit, no pace, and no awareness. But there's no way he couldn't start, oh no, not with the media and Roy lauding him before the game.

I don't think I saw Ashley Cole in the opposition half either.

We played Italy like we were San Marino. And that's Hodgsons accomplishment, that's his game plan, to be painted as the valiant hero of the mighty minnows, holding the formidable Italy to a draw. And that's why he didn't last two minutes with us, it appalled us to have that mindset, the best decision we ever made was fucking him off before the paint was dry on his office door.

Fuck off Roy, you bumbling twat.

And it's glaringly obvious what's happening next, with Redknapp free.

This was always the case and I called it a while ago, Hodgson was a patsy, England were always gong to lose early and the FA will now look like the national saviours by appointing Redknapp to undertake the World Cup campaign.

It's like a trashy novel.

Johnson was a big winner from the tournament, not as a defender, he is still caught out of position too often to be effective at the very top, but as a wide midfielder/wing back where he has excelled.

So you mean when he was up top - he wasn't at the back right? Name a single time he was out of position on defense - just one. The lad was the best player in the side.

For me, Gerrard was very anonymous last night and Parker was a complete passenger. The player who would have offered more than anyone else is Wilshere - the midfield of England (all 4 positions) is among the least creative and easiest to deal with in the world.

And it's glaringly obvious what's happening next, with Redknapp free.

This was always the case and I called it a while ago, Hodgson was a patsy, England were always gong to lose early and the FA will now look like the national saviours by appointing Redknapp to undertake the World Cup campaign.

It's like a trashy novel.

Except this won't happen, and Hodgson will be in charge of the World Cup qualification and campaign, should we qualify.

Bernstein didn't want Redknapp. He wanted Hodgson. Brooking probably didn't argue much, as he doesn't like Redkanpp either.

Except this won't happen, and Hodgson will be in charge of the World Cup qualification and campaign, should we qualify.

Bernstein didn't want Redknapp. He wanted Hodgson. Brooking probably didn't argue much, as he doesn't like Redkanpp either.

It's the old Judaism Jive in getting Hodgson the job, but there's not a chance that they'll resist the media campaign to appoint Redknapp.

So you mean when he was up top - he wasn't at the back right? Name a single time he was out of position on defense - just one. The lad was the best player in the side.

For me, Gerrard was very anonymous last night and Parker was a complete passenger. The player who would have offered more than anyone else is Wilshere - the midfield of England (all 4 positions) is among the least creative and easiest to deal with in the world.

I think within the abysmal tactical framework set out by Hodgson it was almost impossible for Gerrard to have much influence in an attacking sense.

Parker was poor because he isn't good enough to play at that level.

It is going to be interesting to see how Rodgers works with us, I can see (sorry Silverlining!) Henderson and Shelvey developing under him as they are both technically very good and keep the ball.

Wilshire, Cleverly, Rodwell, Chamberlain, Jones are also technically very good. He did it with us, so I can easily see him ignoring their skills to ensure his way of playing is used.

Hodgson says that England should have kept possession of the ball better; but dismisses the stats which would indicate this; as meaningless. Makes Mike Basset look like Rinus Michels!

'I'm only interested in the stats of the final third'.

That's because your players are drilled to bypass the middle third you stupid old cunt.

Here is one that might be interesting then.

Gerrard completed four passes in the final third.

Most successful passes - Hart to Carroll.

I couldn't give a fuck about England and have found it entertaining. I do feel for those poor bastartds that follow England though with this prick in charge.

Guest TK-421
I do feel for those poor bastartds that follow England though with this prick in charge.

They deserve each other.

"Capewo ahht!"

The problem was also Rooney, he was ghastly, it was like an England supporter was allowed on the pitch to just jog around and watch the game. He looked like an old man, totally unfit, no pace, and no awareness. But there's no way he couldn't start, oh no, not with the media and Roy lauding him before the game.

I agree with you team analysis.Your judgement on Hodgson is unnecessarily harsh. We were not semi final material whoever the manager was.

The Times caried some interesting background reports today with some intriguing implied criticism. It, sensibly, queried why Rooney travelled with the squad for the group games he was inelligible for (time consuming flights) when he could have been getting fit. it queried his "fitness regime" while he was on holiday between the end of the season and the Euros. it also queried his commitment to get fit whilst out there. All seemed valid points.