You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I found myself really disliking the guy when the players did their annual Christmas tour of Alder Hey last year. Woy, the thick Cockney twat, 'descwibed' the hospital as "pwobably the second most important childwen's hospital in the countwy". It ain't a league table when it comes to looking after seriously ill infants and the parents of those kids in Alder Hey were thinking that where they were was the best place on earth. Not for thick, arrogant, pointless, stupid, fucking Woy.

From the moment. when asked was Liverpool the biggest cluib he had ever been involved with - and he blustered that he didn't want to upset anyone at Inter Milan - I thought 'This guy isn't right for us'. Now, the Purslow appointed cunt, might be sliding back to the mediocrity to which he, for a short, nightmarish, but very real time, took us.

In the Standard he expounds his theory that internet use makes you a bad person. The nice proper fans don't use it

"I am not convinced the internet is a true reflection of what people in general think of anything, least of all in football clubs. 'Interneters' or 'twitterters', whatever you call them, want to make themselves a bit special by getting their voices heard.

"In the past, newspapers relied on their sources within the club. Now what you read in the papers just comes from people shifting through the internet. But there is a large body of people out there who care about their club. They are much more fair-minded but their opinions don't get canvassed because they do not broadcast them."

You have to laugh at that one.

In the old days, players ate burgers and chips, now they eat pasta and rice. In the old days, we studied teams with videos, now it's all done on a compact disc. Modern football is all so unfair. :(

No Roy, the fucking respective league tables in January and May say Kenny should have been given the job.

The only thing I comfort myself with really in hindsight was that Kenny never had to manage under the cancers and the fact that it was under his spectacularly shite reign that we finally squeezed what life was left out of H&G.

That doesn't sound like Roy "Barclays Premier League" Hodgson, showing ignorance to a sponsor like that!

I found myself really disliking the guy when the players did their annual Christmas tour of Alder Hey last year. Woy, the thick Cockney twat, 'descwibed' the hospital as "pwobably the second most important childwen's hospital in the countwy". It ain't a league table when it comes to looking after seriously ill infants and the parents of those kids in Alder Hey were thinking that where they were was the best place on earth. Not for thick, arrogant, pointless, stupid, fucking Woy.

From the moment. when asked was Liverpool the biggest cluib he had ever been involved with - and he blustered that he didn't want to upset anyone at Inter Milan - I thought 'This guy isn't right for us'. Now, the Purslow appointed cunt, might be sliding back to the mediocrity to which he, for a short, nightmarish, but very real time, took us.

Absolutely... the stupid old fucking cunt.

In the Standard he expounds his theory that internet use makes you a bad person. The nice proper fans don't use it

"I am not convinced the internet is a true reflection of what people in general think of anything, least of all in football clubs. 'Interneters' or 'twitterters', whatever you call them, want to make themselves a bit special by getting their voices heard.

"In the past, newspapers relied on their sources within the club. Now what you read in the papers just comes from people shifting through the internet. But there is a large body of people out there who care about their club. They are much more fair-minded but their opinions don't get canvassed because they do not broadcast them."

I wonder then, where he thought the voices singing "Hodgson for England" and "Dalglish" were emanating from? Did he think some of those internetters or twitterers or whatever they're called had smuggled in some speakers and were at home singing those words into their lappytoppers or whatever those things are?

The more I read about this bloke and what he has to say and the more I think about some of the comments he came out with when he was here the more I fucking hate the cunt. He needs to realise that if it wasn't for Liverpool supporters he would now be managing a club in the championship. And that club would be Liverpool Football Club.

I see Woy had a few harsh words for Ben Foster after their loss yesterday "he could have been braver and taken a stud in the chest".

He seems to have this brilliant nack of blaming individuals when things go wrong. Remember him attacking Johnson calling his international quality into question as well. Its always someone elses fault but his own.

Thank fuck he's no longer here.

I see Woy had a few harsh words for Ben Foster after their loss yesterday "he could have been braver and taken a stud in the chest".

He seems to have this brilliant nack of blaming individuals when things go wrong. Remember him attacking Johnson calling his international quality into question as well. Its always someone elses fault but his own.

Thank fuck he's no longer here.

See his comments from when we got knocked out of the league cup.

I've tried to steer away from here tonight, partly to avoid the inevitable wrist-slashing, partly so I could have a clear look at the goal before commenting on it, and partly because Stoke make you lose your appetite for the game, whether it be thinking about it or debating it.

So, having had a few hours to calm down and have a few glasses of wine, hopefully these are considered views and not knee-jerk reactions. Some of these may have already been debated on here already tonight, apologies if so.

First off, Stoke. They are without doubt the most anti-football side I have ever seen. It's not that they are simply long-ball; they aren't really. What they are, is a niggly, attritional, desperately negative side, whose sole intention it seems, is to disrupt the play of the opposition. Watching them once a season is quite enough for me, but each to their own, I guess, and Potteries-folk are as strange as they come in any case.

My fear when Hodgson came in, was that we'd become too predictable as an attacking force, and lose fluidity and pace in our play - which was our strength under Di Matteo. His strong adherence to 4-4-2, could become a major problem for us. What's galling, is that we played 4-2-3-1 (or 4-4-1-1), very well under Hodgson at the end of last season, yet despite this strong evidence, he has appeared stubbornly resolved to implement 4-4-2 since the start of pre-season. As I've said before, it's a formation which is rarely used these days due to the fact it's very easy to defend against, unless your side possesses players with outstanding ability and movement.

Today, we actually played well for the opening 15/20 minutes, with a couple of excellent runs and crosses by Tchoyi, down either flank. During this period, we did pass the ball well, and the movement of Brunt and Morrison (regularly switching positions) and the strikers was very good. We couldn't keep this up though, and as the game went on, we became increasingly direct, reliant on hitting the balls into the channels for the strikers to chase, rather than concentrating on keeping the ball and moving it around Stoke's pack of centre-halves (the 6ft 4in Huth at right-back). So why did we end up playing to their strengths? Manager's orders or players falling into the trap?

Another worrying aspect of our play, is that against the modern tradition (well, bar Stoke), our full-backs hardly ventured into the Stoke half at all. I understand the benefits of retaining a solid shape when we don't have the ball, but should this totally preclude any overlapping from the full-backs at all? Or is it down to the personnel we're using?

As for the goal, it seems to me that while Foster had his hands on the ball, he didn't have the ball in his hands. The foot was high however, and a free-kick should have been given. The Asst ref had the clearer view of course, and the fault lies with him. It was the type of incident we see several times in each game, with a defender attempting to shepherd the ball back to the keeper (or out of play). Foster clearly came out to claim the ball, so Tamas was correct to do this, but he failed to properly block the run of the attacker in doing so. For his part, Foster should have been braver and more decisive.

The penny is beginning to drop for some of them.