You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

2 hours ago, Code said:

Its a term used to describe those offended by everything, thats got fuck all to do with right or left. 

Boohoo Roy Hodgson said something that I dont agree with, what a nasty man.

Its pathetic viewing, grow the fuck up. 

Or... 

Roy Hodgson said something that I consider show him up as a bit of a cunt, and so I’ll consider him a bit of a cunt as a result of his words, especially when it’s not an isolated occurrence.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, belarus said:

From your response there it sounds like you’re a little bit offended by the criticism you’re receiving, so maybe you do give a flying fuck?

If people want to voice their disdain or dislike for someone based on his actions towards things that mean something to them, who are you to join the conversation and start slinging belittling insults about and telling them their views are not valid?

Hodgson had an unsuccessful time here and spouted a lot of shite, but above all for me was his attitude towards the club and fans, in telling us where we should expect to be, but also towards Kenny, who will always draw defensive responses when addressed the way he was by Hodgson. Kenny and the club mean a lot to people in a partisan sport. It’s not about being offended, it’s about caring about something.

Edit - that said, I wish no ill will to the man and all the best for his retirement. Doesn’t change what an unrivalled whopper he acted during his time here

All of this. Every single word of it.

• Upvote 1

It appears to me that because people have mentioned how well-read he is and is a fan of everybody's favourite goalkeeper/philosopher , he tries to prove he is clever in every interview.

I'm just pleased that so many young lives have been saved by possibly England's second best childrens hospital.

Can't blame him for taking the job. What I can blame him for is either not finding more about our club ethos and history or being too arrogant to think that the the club is bigger than the manager. His comments when he was here were absurd, as were the performances on the pitch. What a horrible period supporting this club that was. Utter fucking shite. Fuck him, he's an FA suit. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can't blame him for taking the job. What I can blame him for is either not finding more about our club ethos and history or being too arrogant to think that the the club is bigger than the manager. His comments when he was here were absurd, as were the performances on the pitch. What a horrible period supporting this club that was. Utter fucking shite. Fuck him, he's an FA suit. 

The rock-bottom of Hodgson was almost worth it though when I think of the utter joy I felt the second I heard Kenny was taking over.

I don't think TLW was ever as euphoric, in my 10 years, as the first couple of hours after that happened.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

Imagine if this was Klopp, he would be hailed from here to heaven.

I simply dont do double standards. 

He’s being hailed on the title of that clip isn’t he? There was no follow up comment made by Scott M. You’re having an argument with yourself there.

I thought you didn’t give a flying fuck?

2 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Roy used to work in Norway. Ergo... something or other. 

From Roy’s time in Norway, all Excellent quotes. 

«I could have been in Monaco, smoking a cigar. Instead I find myself here, coaching this Mickey Mouse team and fighting the elements for pocket money».  

«Of course he punched him in the face. The guy was all over him the whole match, like a bad suit»

«Who do you think you are; Johan fucking Cruyff? Stop fucking about dribbling and just get that ball up to the tall guy» 

Roy:  – So, they tell me att jag kommer att intervjuas av NRK. So är det du som kommer med dina idiotiska frågor. Det är som att veta att du har fått en ny kostym från Armani, sedan öppnar du posen och ser att den är från Dressmann. Next question!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Code said:

Imagine if this was Klopp, he would be hailed from here to heaven.

I simply dont do double standards. 

Nah. At worst, it’s bullying, at best, it’s being a prick. 
He’s throwing his weight around, knowing that the interviewer can’t say a word back to him. It’s no better than a teacher picking on a student, or a boss picking on a kid on work experience. 
Klopp can be prickly sometimes, but I see him being combative rather than openly rude. This nonsense from Hodgson is more like Nigel Pearson threatening reporters, Moyes telling females they could get a slap, etc. Wanker. 

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...