You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

11 hours ago, Elite said:

He's hated due to him being condescending to Dalglish and his arse-licking of Alex Ferguson whilst our manager.

I don't think he's a bad manager for the lower premiership clubs but he's definitely got an air of Chuck McGill about him. 

This is bang on. The Kenny comments were fucking ridiculous but don’t ever seem to be mentioned. “I was disappointed with Kenny throwing his hat in the ring as it was never going to happen for him here”

Edit - Code doing a decent Hodgson impression on here with his condescending comments as well 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Razoray said:

I feel dirty defending the cunt but that is on the club. I presume the negotiate contracts and buy/sell players not Hodgson. 

Ic say some if tge players are waiting to seethe direction thd club takes this summer. They could have lined up someone young znd adventurous replace him a few months back which would probably have prompted some to stay. Obviously a manager if that ilk would want rid of his type of player but at least there is z plan and continuity.

Looking at thst, even if some if the good ones re-sign I reckon they go down next season without huge investment. 

There is talks of Lampard- if he takes the Palace job, I think it could be his last job in management. 

If it doesn’t work for Lampard at Palace he’ll slot seamlessly onto the English manager merry go round at Championship level. 

29 minutes ago, Code said:

And again, you prove my point, bravo!

Your point was that I'm a "snowflake" (because I hold Roy Hodgson in contempt). It may be lost to you in translation, but that's the terminology of right wing windbags. Perhaps appropriately. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Your point was that I'm a "snowflake" (because I hold Roy Hodgson in contempt). It may be lost to you in translation, but that's the terminology of right wing windbags. Perhaps appropriately. 

Okay, if you say so. 

9CEEDC36-B221-4D2D-B607-F1E9D110ED96.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

1 minute ago, Code said:

Okay, if you say so. 

9CEEDC36-B221-4D2D-B607-F1E9D110ED96.jpeg

It absolutely is 100% a term used by the right to insult the left. Undeniably. But that aside, it’s a fucking shite phrase, in line with woke and all the other modern Twitter phrases.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, belarus said:

It absolutely is 100% a term used by the right to insult the left. Undeniably. But that aside, it’s a fucking shite phrase, in line with woke and all the other modern Twitter phrases.

Wokey dokey then.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

Its a term used to describe those offended by everything, thats got fuck all to do with right or left. 

Boohoo Roy Hodgson said something that I dont agree with, what a nasty man.

Its pathetic viewing, grow the fuck up. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Code said:

Its a term used to describe those offended by everything, thats got fuck all to do with right or left. 

It’s predominantly used by the right leaning in recent times to patronise the left. To argue otherwise is bizarre.

Its like me getting the traditional Collins dictionary definition of woke and saying it isn’t used as it is in the modern day.

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

It’s predominantly used by the right leaning in recent times to patronise the left. To argue otherwise is bizarre.

Its like me getting the traditional Collins dictionary definition of woke and saying it isn’t used as it is in the modern day.

I could not give a flying fuck who use it the most, just like I could not give a flying fuck about comments from Roy Hodgson. 

Why?

Because I’m not offended by everything that moves, I simply could not care less. 

15 minutes ago, Code said:

I could not give a flying fuck who use it the most, just like I could not give a flying fuck about comments from Roy Hodgson. 

Why?

Because I’m not offended by everything that moves, I simply could not care less. 

From your response there it sounds like you’re a little bit offended by the criticism you’re receiving, so maybe you do give a flying fuck?

If people want to voice their disdain or dislike for someone based on his actions towards things that mean something to them, who are you to join the conversation and start slinging belittling insults about and telling them their views are not valid?

Hodgson had an unsuccessful time here and spouted a lot of shite, but above all for me was his attitude towards the club and fans, in telling us where we should expect to be, but also towards Kenny, who will always draw defensive responses when addressed the way he was by Hodgson. Kenny and the club mean a lot to people in a partisan sport. It’s not about being offended, it’s about caring about something.

Edit - that said, I wish no ill will to the man and all the best for his retirement. Doesn’t change what an unrivalled whopper he acted during his time here

• Upvote 5

Just now, belarus said:

From your response there it sounds like you’re a little bit offended by the criticism you’re receiving, so maybe you do give a flying fuck?

If people want to voice their disdain or dislike for someone based on his actions towards things that mean something to them, who are you to join the conversation and start slinging belittling insults about and telling them their views are not valid?

Hodgson had an unsuccessful time here and spouted a lot of shite, but above all for me was his attitude towards the club and fans, in telling us where we should expect to be, but also towards Kenny, who will always draw defensive responses when addressed the way he was by Hodgson. Kenny and the club mean a lot to people in a partisan sport. It’s not about being offended, it’s about caring about something.

So basically, you are easily offended then. 

D1418B49-6B04-4B83-842E-70FE0A3302E0.jpeg

10 hours ago, Stickman said:

Going to be tough as Hodgson has history in denying Liverpool Champions League football 

Like the time he was our manager 

We'll always have the utopia of a 0-0 away draw against the formidable opponents of Utrecht.

Winning in the Nou Camp, Bernabeau, San Siro, Munich, Rome and all those other great European away victories we've had, the draw in Utrecht is right up there. 

• Upvote 1

I've mellowed towards him after a decade.

I hope we show a bit of class and give him a warm reception on Sunday. We've just seen the definition of not having any class at Old Toilet last week. Was he a terrible Liverpool manager, undoubtedly, I'm struggling to think of a worse one? He is still however a former manager.

Clearly he's a very average manager who has been overpromoted on multiple occasions and who is plying a once progressive 1970's school of football. Actually it dates back to the 1960's.

Under pressure he becomes prickly, difficult and is unable to take responsibility. We've seen the same behaviour right back to him taking over at Blackburn, Udinese, us and the end of his time with England.

Clearly he knew he was out of his depth which explains his response.

The real question and target for our ire is which gimp thought he'd be a good appointment in the first place? Over to you Christian.....

22 hours ago, Elite said:

He's hated due to him being condescending to Dalglish and his arse-licking of Alex Ferguson whilst our manager.

I don't think he's a bad manager for the lower premiership clubs but he's definitely got an air of Chuck McGill about him. 

Personality wise maybe, but Chuck was actually good at his job while Hodgson is just Allardyce with less gravy in the bloodstream.