You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

To be fair Hodgson wasn't the only "football" man to go to apartheid South Africa, you could get a pretty good team and subs out of it.

Banks 

Frank McLintock                               Bobby Moore                     Jack Charlton

Stan Mathews         Bobby Charlton                     Alan Ball                      George Best

Kevin Keegan                 Geoff Hurst                 Peter Lorimer

Subs

Gary Sprake

Mick Channon

Francis Lee

Ian St John

Johnny Hayes

Manager, take your pick between Hodgson, Jimmy Hill or Malcolm Allison

Kaffirs the lot of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I posted on the MF last night, I wonder which tennager he throws under the bus after this?

Roy Hodgson admitted his Crystal Palace team "capitulated" as Championship side Bristol City knocked a third Premier League club out of this season's Carabao Cup to reach the quarter-finals.

"We contrived to give away goals at important times, and in the end we are on the back of a heavy defeat," said Hodgson.

"For the first 45 minutes we had arguably the better of the game.

"I am very disappointed for the fans who came all this way, and I am disappointed by the way we capitulated."

Hodgson, who managed City between January and April 1982, made nine changes to the side that started last Saturday's 1-0 league defeat at Newcastle.

"I took a risk - I take responsibility for that," said the former England manager.

"It was an opportunity for them to knock on the door of the first team and threaten the places of the team I have played in the last two games.

"I am bitterly disappointed that didn't work out because there were very few performances that made me think I was picking the wrong team."

• Upvote 1