You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

How about Tim Sherwood?

Redknapp already has today. Unreal. He laughs that they appointed Sven. Sven, the man who won 2 European trophies lost another 2 finals, a serie A, 4 Italian cups and host of other trophies in Portugal and Sweden. Supposedly he is a joke but Tiger Tim is the man because he has passion.

Sven is the only man who has won a knockout game WC or Euros, since 1990. He lost twice on pens to a good Portugal side and 2-1 to eventual winners Brazil but he was the joke.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Taylor Venables Hoddle Keegan McLaren and the Hodge have won an FA cup, a Spanish cup and a few Tuna cups between them. Now they may be able to add a toulon u-21

Tornament to that list.

Hartson was bigging Shearer up today. I hope he, as a Welshman is taking the piss or I despair. And the media lap it up. Fuck me. And I'm not even English. And we wonder how the Leave voters were successful.

People are reading the bullshit on the red tops and accepting it as their opinion.

• Upvote 3

If Rodgers didn't go to Celtic I think he might have been a decent shout. I don't want to argue about his time here, but at his best he got the team playing some lovely stuff. Granted, England do not have a Suarez, but there are some good players who should do much better than we've seen.

If not Rodgers, what about someone else similar - Roberto Martinez. He showed at Everton he can't build it up after a good start, but he's supposed to be a good coach who can get a tune out of players, even if for a little while.

Both men struggled with some iffy signings, but that side of the game is not in play as an international manager. They are flawed, but so is everyone else I've seen named.

I'd prefer Arsene Wenger out of the lot of them, but that doesn't seem possible.

I think it was Elite who said that Roy was like Boris Johnson, giving the impression of being a lovable oaf but in truth was really a vicious cunt. How right he was, and now to keep up the comparison we have the two of them going missing after a calamity of their devising. 

• Upvote 1

I had started convince myself i was suffering some sort of parallel Universe crap, i must have  as the media and press are loving Woy and praising him like he is Jesus returned and i am thinking No! in the world i live in he is a massively incompetent, tactless,Ball bag I wouldn't have him organise a family fucking picnic. 

Thank fuck i am back to reality. Oh wait Shearer and Southgate!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone mentioned Klinsmann? He got the whole German thing revived and handed over to that weirdo, before taking on the American job.

Knows England. Played here. Well respected. Infectious enthusiasm. He might get them playing and lift some of the fear that obviously weighs so heavily on them.

Mind you, not sure he would give up California for it. But then again, why couldn't he commute! Ha!

Sign him up.

Hodgson is a fraud with no idea of what management entails.

He comes out with phrases like "we need to move the ball more quickly", "we need to provide width", "we need fluidity" etc etc. Stuff we can all say, its piss easy. The skill in managing is creating the environment and explaining to the players how to do it. and training them repetitively until they can do it without thinking.

Some things are so fucking obvious it hurts, and its embarrassing to watch. When Kane was taking free kicks from the left (fucking why???), every time Rose would run over it to try to get their defence to move whilst leaving it to Kane to cross in. Now everyone knows Kane is taking the free kick, after all he is 6ft2 and quite good in the air so why would you take him out the box as some sort of decoy? Fucking pointless and stupidly wrong.

Hodgson has no fucking clue, has never had nor will ever have.

That for me is exactly what is wrong with English players. It is the lack of ability in the intellectual side of the game. It is a lack of being able to solve problems during a game (such as a team that sits back and shuts up shop). It is a lack of game intelligence. This is partly training methods and partly the nature of the English game. Rooney looked quite good for Man Utd and almost got them into the Champions League. At international level he is clearly shit. He has one plan run at them with the ball and try to kick it hard. Same with Kane. Whilst this stuff pays in the Premier league we will never develop.

But I'm pretty darn sure that training players so that they can do things without thinking is where we have failed for so many years.

Venables wasn't much of a manager tactically, but he seemed to get a bit of team spirit going and was lucky to have some players with spines in 1996. That was as good a chance for them to beat Germany in a tournament as they'll ever have.

Hilarious that they're looking at a man who bottled for them that night as a possible successor.

Venables was known for being tactically astute.

Redknapp already has today. Unreal. He laughs that they appointed Sven. Sven, the man who won 2 European trophies lost another 2 finals, a serie A, 4 Italian cups and host of other trophies in Portugal and Sweden. Supposedly he is a joke but Tiger Tim is the man because he has passion.

Sven is the only man who has won a knockout game WC or Euros, since 1990. He lost twice on pens to a good Portugal side and 2-1 to eventual winners Brazil but he was the joke.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Taylor Venables Hoddle Keegan McLaren and the Hodge have won an FA cup, a Spanish cup and a few Tuna cups between them. Now they may be able to add a toulon u-21

Tornament to that list.

Hartson was bigging Shearer up today. I hope he, as a Welshman is taking the piss or I despair. And the media lap it up. Fuck me. And I'm not even English. And we wonder how the Leave voters were successful.

People are reading the bullshit on the red tops and accepting it as their opinion.

Venable also won La Liga in the mid-eighties.

Horrible bastard...got a cob on because has to face the music..

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36655319

Been stealing 5 million a year for years and yet has the audacity to complain about having to face the media twice in two days. Cheeky twat. He's lucky we're more civilized these days and haven't given him 50 lashes minus one, stripped him bollock naked and put him in stocks, so everyone can throw tomatoes and rotten food at him for days on end.

"I have no idea what I'm doing here". He said repeatedly. Pretty much sums up his whole career in football management

• Upvote 2