Quantcast
Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth - Page 164 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Agt Provocateur

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Was he picking them out of his arse?

Looks like he's been poking them up there once they've been recorded.

So the FA chairman has said they'll be getting into contract talks with Woy in the next 9 to 12 months.

Er... Why in the utter cunting fuck would they give this spectacular failure of a human being football manager a new contract several months BEFORE a major tournament, when his contract already goes to the end of said tournament? Surely you would wait and evaluate his performance after the event, and THEN string him up by the gizzard in front of the Houses of Parliament as a deterrent to future cunts decide whether he deserves a new deal?

• Upvote 6

Even his stupid fucking face offends me.

It's a pity Spitting Image wasn't still going they'd have a field day with that face....although thinking about it I doubt you could improve on it for comedy value

hodgson.jpg

just heard one of the so called experts on sly sports snooze, cant remember his name, saying woy is the ideal man for the job.. ffs...if he wasnt good enough for us, how the hell can he be good enough for the england team.... 

just heard one of the so called experts on sly sports snooze, cant remember his name, saying woy is the ideal man for the job.. ffs...if he wasnt good enough for us, how the hell can he be good enough for the england team.... 

He did well at the World Cup, though. Some will say he finished bottom of his group, without a win. But he did secure a goalless draw against the formidable Costa Rica. You can't take that away from him.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't Gordon Strachan was it?

Roy being bigged up in the media is nothing new because the media narrative is usually driven by clueless sycophants like Patrick Barclay. The FA are only looking at retaining him because there aren't any alternative English managers with sufficient experience of winning things, competing in Europe and all those things that usually form part of a top coach's CV these days, and also because they've been absolutely rinsed by foreign coaches who came here for the bumper payday and didn't bother giving the job their 100% dedication. It is the fault of those in charge of the game in this country that they now find themselves in that position.

• Upvote 1

He did well at the World Cup, though. Some will say he finished bottom of his group, without a win. But he did secure a goalless draw against the formidable Costa Rica. You can't take that away from him.

But what else could he do with such a young talented squad, the core of which played for the most dynamic, attacking, free scoring team in the league?

Roy being bigged up in the media is nothing new because the media narrative is usually driven by clueless sycophants like Patrick Barclay. The FA are only looking at retaining him because there aren't any alternative English managers with sufficient experience of winning things, competing in Europe and all those things that usually form part of a top coach's CV these days, and also because they've been absolutely rinsed by foreign coaches who came here for the bumper payday and didn't bother giving the job their 100% dedication. It is the fault of those in charge of the game in this country that they now find themselves in that position.

And yet SGE and Capello were a million miles better than any English manager in the last 20 years.

• Upvote 1

A good post Trumo.

My own view is that the England manager should be restrained on a tournament by tournament basis.

Fixed that for you

Seriously can't think of any England manager that I would have wanted at Liverpool. Maybe Bobby Robson in his prime.

A good post Trumo.

My own view is that the England manager should be retained on a tournament by tournament basis.

My own view is that Hodgson should be retained so that all those cunts who gave us abuse for mutually consenting him can suffer on a tournament by tournament basis.

• Upvote 3

Fact is he will probably have an even better squad than Brasil so there is a very real possibility he could exceed all expectations and grab a runners up spot in the Group stages,  

I was late to the not liking Hodgson gig. I thought he was an over-promoted PE teacher who had blagged his way into a lucrative job by a fortunate set of circumstances. I thought his biggest crime was trying for a bigger job and falling short, which I wouldn't hold against any man. At least he had a go. So for a while there I couldn't be doing with the aggro against him.

However...

It is very clear that there is an arrogant, bitter and nasty streak about him. To have a go at Liverpool legends when the conversation was nothing to do with that indicates a petty vindictiveness. His failure here clearly eats at him.

As for England, it's a big joke. Most of these qualifiers are not competitive, so they tell us nothing. An international manager shows his mettle come tournament time. That's when you need to set the team up right, coach them well and manage the group to help them achieve. In the three tourney games he's had, Hodgson managed two defeats and a draw against the mighty Costa Ricans. He's a fraud. A lucky fraud, but a fraud nonetheless.

• Upvote 6

Loved the fact Rooney said the rest of Europe would be taking notice after last night.

Nothing like people who don't learn their lesson, for comedy.

• Upvote 1

Albert Riera admits he had to quit Liverpool after the appointment of Roy Hodgson.

The winger discussed his playing career with Anfield HQ.

“Liverpool is the best club I have played at, their history, their fans, but in Galatasaray I felt more important as a player and I won titles there," he said.

“I remember the day when Roy Hodgson came to Liverpool. He said that he wanted his team to be 90% British, so all the foreigners felt like we'd be having problems in Liverpool and I signed for Olympiakos.

“I have enjoyed playing in France, Spain, Italy Greece and Turkey. But England has the mix of everything and the rhythm of the game is amazing."