You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I'm just waiting for him calling Ibe up for an England squad on the back of five or six performances and then sending him back injured for 47 years with shithouse dog AIDS and fucking 'no legs syndrome' or some shit.  Then I will drive to his house, render him unconscious, surgically embed a drainpipe into his mouth and pour wheelbarrows full of smints into him until he basically becomes a hideous wrinkled minty Beanie Baby.

• Upvote 3

I'm just waiting for him calling Ibe up for an England squad on the back of five or six performances and then sending him back injured for 47 years with shithouse dog AIDS and fucking 'no legs syndrome' or some shit.  Then I will drive to his house, render him unconscious, surgically embed a drainpipe into his mouth and pour wheelbarrows full of smints into him until he basically becomes a hideous wrinkled minty Beanie Baby.

After contracting shithouse dog AIDS and fucking 'no legs syndrome' or some shit, you could be a little more humane with the poor fella Ibe there.

• 1 month later...

Hodgson really is the luckiest fucker I've come across in a long long time.

He ends up getting one of biggest jobs in world club football based on the daft ideals of "anyone can do a better job" and "need someone to steady the ship". He's sacked from that job after 6 months with the team under the threat of relegation.

He then promptly gets one of the biggest (certainly one of the best paid) jobs in International football because there's a run of midly xenophobic "we don't want anymore of them foreign managers as England coach" and "no, we won't hire that one because he's corrupt as fuck, so we'd better get that former Liverpool manager" and he's currently utterly shite at that too, but somehow muddling alone.

Remarkable really.

• Upvote 5

Hodgson really is the luckiest fucker I've come across in a long long time.

He ends up getting one of biggest jobs in world club football based on the daft ideals of "anyone can do a better job" and "need someone to steady the ship". He's sacked from that job after 6 months with the team under the threat of relegation.

He then promptly gets one of the biggest (certainly one of the best paid) jobs in International football because there's a run of midly xenophobic "we don't want anymore of them foreign managers as England coach" and "no, we won't hire that one because he's corrupt as fuck, so we'd better get that former Liverpool manager" and he's currently utterly shite at that too, but somehow muddling alone.

Remarkable really.

His story is the modern miracle in football.

Although Jovanovic on 90K a week here comes close.

In fact, now I think of it, a lot of utter disbelief in recent years has a Liverpool nexus.

• Upvote 1

His story is the modern miracle in football.

Although Jovanovic on 90K a week here comes close.

In fact, now I think of it, a lot of utter disbelief in recent years has a Liverpool nexus.

Recent transfer fees...

We never learn. And now we have many fans wanting to pay a 20 year old £150k a week based on one very good season. (Yeah, i went there)

But Hodgson remains a spectacular decision. How anyone could have thought it would end in anything but disaster baffles me. A desperately average manager.