You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Anyway on the evidence of yesterdays performance no Liverpool player can expect a call up for Ingurland. Must have been what Rodgers was after with that selection and set up .Three points and looking total gash in front of the Owl. Genius. 

To him it probably looked like tiki taka at its most fluid.

• Upvote 1

Wonder if he felt satisfaction yesterday when Sterling was booed each time he touched the ball.

After the shit storm he's created around the lad you'd think he would come out and try and defend him instead of doing or saying fuck all.

Shithouse of a person and shithouse manager.

Is that why he was booed? Just thought it was because he fucked them off for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Read on bbc website that englands womens team have sold 55,000 tickets for a game at Wembley, a game live on bbc. Beating what the owls team could shift for a friendly and as many as for a world cup qualifier earlier this season, would have beat it but capacity capped at 55,000 due to the London tubes being fucked.

Had to get in that Rodgers never returned his call to tell him Sturridge is fit. I hope Sturridge is in the squad on Sunday now, fuck you Roy, fuck you.

Just saw that on Yahoo sport.  My comment:

Here's an idea Roy - if it's not important why not stop your transparently obvious passive/aggressive 'he's not called me' routine and get on with your job of telling everybody how tough the mighty Estonia are so that when your terrible man management and tactics give us another deadly boring 1-0 win it will look like something more than it is.

I can't wait until the FA finally find the balls to get rid of this shambolic flim-flam man and appoint someone whose tactics and ability weren't honed in the white-hot atmosphere of the 1980s nordic leagues.  He's a waste of space, a coward and a spineless, gutless sycophant.

Owl faced cunt.

• Upvote 9

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-hodgson-wants-talks-rodgers-223750958--sow.html

Football - Hodgson wants talks with Rodgers

Roy Hodgson wants to hold clear the air talks with Brendan Rodgers after the pair's conflict took another twist on Thursday.

Hodgson and Rodgers have endured a strained relationship ever since the Liverpool manager accused the England boss of exacerbating Daniel Sturridge's thigh injury by mis-handling the striker's recovery from September's international against Norway.

The pair clashed again last month over another Liverpool star - Raheem Sterling.

Rodgers was annoyed with Hodgson for going public with the fact that Sterling asked to "sit out" England's Euro 2016 qualifier against Estonia.

"He (Sterling) said, 'I'm feeling tired, I'd rather sit this one out'," Hodgson told BBC Radio Five Live after the 1-0 win in Tallinn.

Rodgers hit back shortly after, denying Sterling had said such a thing.

The Liverpool manager said in an interview with TalkSPORT: "It's grossly unfair how the kid has been put on the back pages for something he clearly did not say."

The saga took another bizarre turn on Thursday when Hodgson denied ever saying that Sterling had told him he did not want to take part in the game in Tallinn.

"I never said that Raheem said he was too tired to play," Hodgson said.

"He did play. He came on and got us the free-kick which won the game.

"I said he said he was too tired before training and as a result I left him out of the team."

Regardless of what Hodgson did actually say, he was unhappy to hear Rodgers' version on national radio.

"In actual fact, Brendan is wrong to do that," Hodgson added.

"Unfortunately I have 30 witnesses to that extent and Brendan was not there.

"If that is all it is, he got the wrong end of the stick and I would be happy to put him right and I would be happy to talk to him about it."

Hodgson insisted he enjoyed a "fine" relationship with Rodgers, but Press Association Sport understands the Liverpool manager has not picked up the phone to speak to Hodgson despite several attempts by the England boss.

The pair have exchanged texts, but Rodgers again did not return Hodgson's call when he rang him on Wednesday night to inform the Liverpool manager he had left Sturridge out of his squad for the upcoming double-header against Slovenia and Scotland to help him recover from injury.

''I left a message for him only last night. Basically it was to tell him that I understood Daniel Sturridge was not fit and there was no need to call me back,'' Hodgson added.

''It was just to let him know I understood Daniel Sturridge was not fit for these games, so in any questions I was going to get today then the answers I was going to give he would understand them and be happy with, hopefully.''

The whole saga is a bit of a mess, particularly when Liverpool supply so many players to the national team these days.

The person Hodgson feels sorry for most is Sterling, who was criticised following the Estonia match.

"I feel very, very sad about that, about the way it blew up," Hodgson said.

"But as far as I'm concerned it's passed. Raheem and I are fine, I think my relationship with Brendan is fine, though some are disputing that, but I feel our relationship is fine."

Hodgson is sure Sterling will be able to move on from the episode too.

"I think he will be stronger now," Hodgson said.

"It's part and parcel of being a top player today. If you break into the team at 19 and everyone immediately says: 'You are fantastic, you are a wonder player.' Unfortunately, it won't take too long before people start doubting it in some way over something that happened.

"He is strong, he's a strong character, very strong."

I'm just sick of the never ending pantomime around the irritating old cunt.  I had enough of him to last me a lifetime when he was here.  Whining like a little bitch about anything and everything, still at least it means nobody is talking about how utterly fucking shit his football is.

He needs to have a Smint and a Werthers and shut the fuck up.

• Upvote 3