You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

15 hours ago, Code said:

I dont really mind Hodgson, a good coach for underdogs, but not when you want to win things like we do.

How anyone thought he’d be a good fit for us, I’ll never

know.

That said, he’s not a despicable cunt like Rodgers, so good luck to him.

I've warmed to him slightly recently purely because he has a surprising habit of taking points off Manc clubs. 

13 hours ago, JagSquared said:

the state of that team against Northampton  gives me chills.

although I did think Martin Kelly would be a regular squad player for years to come for us. Glad I was wrong.

wonder if Rogers shite 11 could be beaten by them. Probably not but what an awful game it would be.

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Carragher Konchesky

Meireles Poulsen Gerrard Cole

Torres Kuyt

That was near enough hist 1st 11 at the time and none were picked for the Northampton game. Compare that to our current 1st XI but the squad was embarrassing. 

Fuck him the owl faced cunt, I could not stand him

I took an instant dislike to him in his opening presser, He was more concerned about whether or not he’d upset his friend Slur Alex by taking the Liverpool job the fucking wet wipe.

Two months into the season I wanted him gone, lost to the shite 2-0 and he smiled as he shook Gollum’s hand and said it was the best we played all season, fuck off.

• Upvote 3

On 23/09/2020 at 22:53, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just basic stuff, like when you inherit a squad down to its last 3 world class players (Reina, Gerrard and Torres) don't impose shitty hoofball tactics that nullify the strengths of all three.

I've said it before, but I think of him less as a manager and more as the shit that two burglars left on our carpet.

He inherited Mascherano as well.

On 23/09/2020 at 10:01, belarus said:

How good was it when Kenny took over after this cunt. Especially after his “it was never going to happen for Kenny” comments in his first press conference. Fucking blurt.

I’m still upset they sacked Kenny. Even though it has led to the successes that followed, football died a bit for me when they did that. I was clinging on by a Gerrard shaped thread until he went and then I’ve been struggling to give a fuck emotionally about football since.

My missus heard it on the radio- I was upstairs working. She yelped and legged it up to tell me- she doesn't even follow football and she was delighted because my gloom instantly dissipated.

Bit different to when Kenny went for the first time- I was working in the lab and my prof came through to tell me. The experiment didn't go too well that afternoon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

Not really.

Not really as in he was still here when the season started or not really as in he wanted to leave the moment the useless owl faced cunt came through the door.

He inherited him but couldn't keep him. If Torres had gotten his way he would have been out the door as well at that point.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

My missus heard it on the radio- I was upstairs working. She yelped and legged it up to tell me- she doesn't even follow football and she was delighted because my gloom instantly dissipated.

Bit different to when Kenny went for the first time- I was working in the lab and my prof came through to tell me. The experiment didn't go too well that afternoon.

I was only 8 or 9 first time he went, but remember acknowledging the gravity of it and it’s link to all that had gone before. 

I remember going back home for the first home game we played after he came back I think - was a sunny Saturday and was off to watch the game in the pub with a group of us. I remember how buzzing I was and thinking how good, fluid and balanced we looked. 

The excitement of him coming back was matched only by the Fowler return. I was jumping about and screaming when my housemate told me by pointing at the yellow ticker tape on sky sports news. I love Rafa for doing that. I love him for a lot of things, but that was genius and drenched with sentimentality and showed his attachment to the fans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...