You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

"Of course, my track record, if people bothered to study it, would put me in the same category as [Alex] Ferguson enjoys today, but people don't talk about what I've done outside England"

"It is insulting to suggest that because you move to a new club, your methods suddenly don't work when they've held you in good stead for 35 years and made you one of the most respected coaches in Europe. It's unbelievable. My methods have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebro, to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team and many other jobs as well.

He actually won the Championship with FC Copenhagen here once aswell, with a squad that was so overpowered vs. the others that one of those space monkeys could have run the team. From space actually.

What was that Palace chairman thinking of?  Imagine having no wins or goals in four games.  Sitting there dwelling on it and then concluding "I know what will fix this - Roy Hodgson!  His track record is awe inspiring.  Yep, that's it.  Roy's the one for me." 

Its gets better though . His answer to the lack of goals is to try and bring in Carlton Cole or Ricky Lambert. Both out of contract for a reason , When he dies they will stuff and mount him in the Natural History Museum and display him next to one of the dinosaur skeletons , 

Woyasurus . An example of an evolutionary blind alley. Now extinct,  

• Upvote 4

What was that Palace chairman thinking of? Imagine having no wins or goals in four games. Sitting there dwelling on it and then concluding "I know what will fix this - Roy Hodgson! His track record is awe inspiring. Yep, that's it. Roy's the one for me."

It's like getting Jimmy Saville back to improve top of the pops and make more people watch it.

• Upvote 5

What was that Palace chairman thinking of?  Imagine having no wins or goals in four games.  Sitting there dwelling on it and then concluding "I know what will fix this - Roy Hodgson!  His track record is awe inspiring.  Yep, that's it.  Roy's the one for me." 

I think I read somewhere in the fallout from the de Boer sacking that Parish wanted more involvement in team affairs, which would make Roy a mn1_000456.jpg

Its gets better though . His answer to the lack of goals is to try and bring in Carlton Cole or Ricky Lambert. Both out of contract for a reason , When he dies they will stuff and mount him in the Natural History Museum and display him next to one of the dinosaur skeletons ,

Woyasurus . An example of an evolutionary blind alley. Now extinct,

Cole is 34. In his last season in the Prem, a few years ago, he played 23 and scored 2.

Lambert is 35. In his last 3 Prem seasons he played 45 and scored 3.

Do it, Roy.

The ' Poor Roy ' bollocks all present & correct on Sky Soccer Saturday & disappointingly it is Tommo agreeing with Stelling that the situation at Palace will have surprised Hodgson at how bad it is ' behind the scenes '.

The owl has a Teflon coating. If this was Christian Gross they'd all be waving their Underground tickets at him by now. 

He's now wholly responsible for Rashford's good form.

“He is a player I gave a debut to and I am pleased to see that was a move that has been justified in the year and a bit that has gone since, he has gone upwards and got better and better... When I selected him he was a sub at Manchester United coming on from time to time, but now he is one of their star men.”

But the Eagles boss is paying little attention to statistics or head-to-head records, and is trying to stay positive.

“Not very good, a result in the Pirelli Cup. But that doesn't really count,” he said of his record at Old Trafford.

“I don't think in those terms and I know statistics are everything and people like a head-to-head record, but that is nonsense. Managers don't play against each other, football teams do - it is 11 against 11."