You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I see that talking penis head Danny Mills has weighed in with his views now....

"If I was Raheem Sterling, I'd want to play every international game I could at this stage. I don't really believe a player his age will have gone to the manager and told him he's tired. Has there been influence from elsewhere? The club manager, for example? Who knows."

Maybe if Raheem wants a rest next time he should just do what Mills used to do and stupidly get himself sent off for a three game sabbatical

• Upvote 3

How many times are we going to hear the phrase ' in retrospect' or ' maybe could've been handled differently" or "if Roy could turn back time"?

If we did actually turn back time every time Roy made a howler we'd be kicking pigs bladders across the field or playing football with someone's head.

• Upvote 2

I don't understand why that fucking owl faced cunt had to say anything whatsoever.  He could have just kept his mouth shut or said he was giving Lallana a go.

Because he knows full well that, after Sturridge, Raheem and the other Liverpool players have been told to take no shit from him and to train as they would for the club. This is Roy thinking that he can send a message to Liverpool or at least appear to for the media. He won't win, he's too thick

I see that talking penis head Danny Mills has weighed in with his views now....

"If I was Raheem Sterling, I'd want to play every international game I could at this stage. I don't really believe a player his age will have gone to the manager and told him he's tired. Has there been influence from elsewhere? The club manager, for example? Who knows."

Maybe if Raheem wants a rest next time he should just do what Mills used to do and stupidly get himself sent off for a three game sabbatical

A good rule of thumb in football is to hear Danny Mills opinion, then hold the opposite one.

Also, had to laugh at the reaction among Engurland fans (and assorted fans of rival PL sides) on twitter, with slow-witted desk dwellers sarcastically noting they might ask their boss to finish early tomorrow due to tiredness because Sterling (an athlete that plays two games of football a week) 'got away with it'. 

Send him over to Afghanistan and see if he's too tired, etc

How many times are we going to hear the phrase ' in retrospect' or ' maybe could've been handled differently" or "if Roy could turn back time"?

If we did actually turn back time every time Roy made a howler we'd be kicking pigs bladders across the field or playing football with someone's head.

To the moment of his fucking conception

Hodgson shouldn't have said a word. Lallana is good enough for the shirt and has been playing well. Sterling to come on as a pacy and tricky option. Nothing to see here... until Hodgson foolishly spoke up. Now Sterling will think twice about talking to him again.

My theory on the wider issue is that despite enjoying a convivial, avuncular type of reputation in the game, and despite being regarded as something of an educated man, Hodgson is actually nothing of the sort. He is a bitter man of modest achievement with an enormous entitlement mentality.

It eats at him that he fell way short at Liverpool. He was utter rubbish. And even though it didn't last all that long, we made the right decision in binning him off. (Under normal circumstances I want Liverpool managers to be given time, but the Hodgson disaster was pretty clear for all to see from early on).

Since getting binned by Liverpool he has attempted to take revenge. He had a pop at the accent in mentioning Rooney recently. His incorrect treatment of Sturridge saw him miss seven games for us, and now Sterling is getting it. This will not end well for Hodgson. England need Liverpool. We have some very good players who will improve the whole England set up, but the way this buffoon is going about his business he is causing a rift, and with strong leadership from Brendan (and he is growing into that, so fair play to him) I can see our players being less available for England than old Roy would want.

I've had a change in view on him. I'd like to think I can be fairly gracious and can agree to live and let live. While plenty have been sticking the boot in on Hodgson for ages, I've tended to not go there, as what's the point in sticking the boot in on a decent fella who just happened to fall short in the Liverpool job? Well, I no longer hold that view. There is a petty, arrogant, nasty streak there in Hodgson. He is holding a grudge against Liverpool and it is clear to see. I'm unimpressed with him.

Unfortunately the level of competition in England's group is so sub-standard that I can't see them not qualifying, but Hodson is a dinosaur, bereft of footballing ideas, and as soon as England gets to another tournament he will be exposed for what he is: an over-promoted PE teacher.

• Upvote 20