You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

"I played in the non-League with dockers who every other word was a swear word. They didn't even know they were swearing because they didn't know any other words."

What a champion of men.

I like how he tries to come across as the working class every man here but he does the exact opposite. Silly dockers with their handicapped vocabulary. Maybe they just swore at him, a lot.

• Upvote 1

His true achievement is having achieved, without having achieved anything much at all. He is a winner at being mediocre. He's the grey of greys. The mean of medium.

You could forgive him this because after all, we're not all made to excel and reach great heights or to fail spectacularly, but what blocks any empathy for the man, is that once you get past his obvious dullness and professional sterility, you get to see his ugly arrogance and bolshiness, the spiky ego and the narcissism. Uncle Woy is not a nice guy.  

He is probably the kind of man that unfortunate soldiers of British military campaigns past had to follow and carry out stupid, nonsensical orders under pain of death. C'mon my boys you're going to take that hill ! Stay in formation ! My methods have translated from Africa, to the Crimea, to blah blah fucking blah. 

Fuck off Hodgson. You can buy all the smints in the world with the money you've stolen but the game's up and it's time to go back to the Neuchamal Xanax home for the hopelessly 4-4-2'd. 

Nurse !

• Upvote 7

“If we win by three goals to nil in Switzerland it doesn’t mean we are going to win the Euros in 2016, and if we lose it will not be the end of the world either.

Probably picked that up when he was coaching in Norway.

To me he seems to be under the same kind of pressure as during his last months with us. He's probably sacked whenever the next defeat happens.

Roy's A-Z Excuse Compendium...

- Sorry darling, the pie appears to have been irretrievably cremated by the oven but Rome wasn't built in a day and it's perhaps necessary from time to time that we experience some of life's many hardships as, it can often be said, that the darkest hour is just before dawn.

It's hard to fathom why he has so many people in his corner, all of whom appear to be as thin-skinned as he is when it comes to criticism. Instead of anything resembling a positive message and an attempt to take the game to the opposition, he'll start by talking about how formidable the opposition is and how a draw would be an excellent result, and if his team get something from that game, it will have been thanks to a fantastic performance against the aforementioned 'formidable' opposition. In his most recent press conference he even brings up a scenario where being 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go and getting an equaliser represents a positive result. "Look ma, we didn't lose!"

He can bring a fair bit of detail to his points with this negative frame of mind and give you any number of scenarios where his team recovering from a deficit shows their quality, but if prompted on how his team might look to play on the front foot from the off, he's at a loss and will start waffling with nothing sentences about how it's not easy to do that. And if he detects any hint of questioning or criticism, he'll turn to his mantra of how his 40 year old methods have translated across all the teams he's managed and how they've served him well.

His yardstick of what constitutes success is so low that he absolutely has to dampen expectations to such an extent that subsequent results will always exceed expectations. He must be using some very advanced linguistic sleight of hand to dupe so many people into thinking he's the right man for so many jobs. He's the sort who would claim to be a 'ship steadier' once that ship is sitting comfortably at the bottom of the ocean.

• Upvote 3

I remember when he took over us, I was against it, but as a red you have to support the team and the manager. So I tried, but here is the thing you shouldn't have to try and that twat made it more and more difficult with every passing week to support him. Every time he spoke, every time he sucked the confidence out of our players, put our club down with the shite he spouted, his arrogant refusal to see what he was doing wrong, and the abject perfomances that his team turned in - to a man I am sure as pissed off with him as the fans were.

It got to the stage where I was googling Roy Hodgson sacked on a daily basis in the hope that this fucking beaut was gone from our football club - he is a shite stain on our proud history, a man without the class, the nous, the character or the ability to manage our great club - a man who walked into a club who regardless of their struggles is one of the biggest in the world and brought a small time Shithouse attitude with him.

I am just glad that the rest of the country is now starting to see him for what he is.

• Upvote 6

It got to the stage where I was googling Roy Hodgson sacked on a daily basis in the hope that this fucking beaut was gone from our football club

I was just checking the internet on my phone first thing when I woke up every morning to see if they'd got rid overnight, I remember I wasn't going to watch the game against the Scum in the FA Cup had he not been sacked the day before, couldn't face watching it knowing we'd be absolutely humiliated by those cunts

• Upvote 1

Hodgson's the sort of bloke who writes your car off, tries to blame you, then when witnesses come forward saying he was at fault tells you he only had a pushbike at your age and to be more grateful.

Iceman has placed his cold finger on the exact issue, it's that arrogance always threatening to reveal itself when someone has the temerity to scratch beneath the surface of his weak as a kitten excuses.

It reminds me of the wrong sort of plod, too comfortable of his place protected by the might of an old boy's network.

• Upvote 1

I was gutted when he took over as I thought Liverpool would have got Pellegrini. God knows why anyone thought he would be a success. He had no connection or understanding of the club. He just seemed to be here simply so he could put it on his cv. The press conferences were awkward and he always seemed to call players by their surname only.

• Upvote 2

I'm getting suspicious of you Trumo. You do not appear to have called him a cunt yet. Apologies if you already have because he is a mammoth cunt.

I have many times. I even did in my earlier post. You just have to look for it.

It's hard to fathom why he has so many people in his corner, all of whom appear to be as thin-skinned as he is when it comes to criticism. Instead of anything resembling a positive message and an attempt to take the game to the opposition, he'll start by talking about how formidable the opposition is and how a draw would be an excellent result, and if his team get something from that game, it will have been thanks to a fantastic performance against the aforementioned 'formidable' opposition. In his most recent press conference he even brings up a scenario where being 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go and getting an equaliser represents a positive result. "Look ma, we didn't lose!"

He can bring a fair bit of detail to his points with this negative frame of mind and give you any number of scenarios where his team recovering from a deficit shows their quality, but if prompted on how his team might look to play on the front foot from the off, he's at a loss and will start waffling with nothing sentences about how it's not easy to do that. And if he detects any hint of questioning or criticism, he'll turn to his mantra of how his 40 year old methods have translated across all the teams he's managed and how they've served him well.

His yardstick of what constitutes success is so low that he absolutely has to dampen expectations to such an extent that subsequent results will always exceed expectations. He must be using some very advanced linguistic sleight of hand to dupe so many people into thinking he's the right man for so many jobs. He's the sort who would claim to be a 'ship steadier' once that ship is sitting comfortably at the bottom of the ocean.