You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

They look like extremely simple cartoon characters. There is not a single sign of intelligence on either of those two faces. If I gave a shit about England, I'd be pretty annoyed with these two jokers being the leadership

e9aveber.jpg

They at least have something in common insomuch as they were the only candidates for their jobs.  A damning indictment of the state of the National side.  The Z team

Nice try, Roy.

This Euro qualifying campaign is going to see his pot firmly placed on the lit stove of public and media disdain, while the finals will inevitably see the heat turned up to melting point.

I'm sure he'll handle the fallout with grace and dignity.

"We're being labelled or I'm being accused of leading England to being a second-rate country. If that's the case, then a draw is a fantastic result over there in Switzerland," Hodgson, who managed the Swiss between 1992 and 1995, told reporters.

He's in danger of being misquoted there - probably by himself.

Inb4 we draw and he claims it's a fantastic result.

I beginning to quite like the hodge and his expectation lowering. There will come a point when the penny finally drops with the press and they will stop trying to convince the rest of the country he's the future of rock and roll. Its quite entertaining now, but not half as much as its going to be, although we may need to wait till 2016 for the real fun.

Keep talking down those expectations roy.

“They will be tough and well organised and it will be a very tough game,” he says. “There’s a mood of negativity. Some critics want to punish us because of what happened in the World Cup. There’s nothing I can do about that, but it won’t help our boys. Because they’ll go out against Norway and however well prepared we’ve got them, however keen they are to do well, they won’t find it easy, because Norway aren’t a bad team. Anything other than a thrashing of Norway won’t be particularly well received but if you ask me now: ‘Are you going to go out and thrash Norway?’ I’d have to say: ‘No, I don’t think we are.’”

He's so shit, he's nearly as shit as my jokes in this thread, but not as shit as some of my other jokes in other threads. It's a disgwace.

Roy's the only man for jokes. His joke about NASA, monkeys and space rockets went down a bomb with the England players during a half time team talk.

Keep talking down those expectations roy.

“They will be tough and well organised and it will be a very tough game,” he says. “There’s a mood of negativity. Some critics want to punish us because of what happened in the World Cup. There’s nothing I can do about that, but it won’t help our boys. Because they’ll go out against Norway and however well prepared we’ve got them, however keen they are to do well, they won’t find it easy, because Norway aren’t a bad team. Anything other than a thrashing of Norway won’t be particularly well received but if you ask me now: ‘Are you going to go out and thrash Norway?’ I’d have to say: ‘No, I don’t think we are.’”

Fucking hell.  He should be a national disgrace and joke by now.  How come Graham Taylor got the superimposed root vegetable treatment but Roy gets a free pass?  He is an embarrassment.  

• Upvote 1