You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

• 1 month later...

England manager Roy Hodgson has made the astonishing claim that he hopes the Football Association clears John Terry of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

Last month, Terry was found not guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence by Westminster Magistrates Court. However, since then, the FA have decided the Chelsea skipper has a case to answer under their own lesser burden of proof.

Hodgson has already declared an intention to select Terry unless he receives lengthy suspension and, when asked about his previous comments in an interview with Sky Sports News last Friday, he said: "I'm hoping, and I make no secret of that, the case will take its course, that John, hopefully, will be freed as he was freed in a court of law, and will carry on playing for England."

He added: "That's my hope.

"What will happen, I have no idea.

"As a member of the FA, it's a sub judice situation and I'm not prepared to say any more.

"I thought John did well in the Euros and I'd like to keep using him, but this is a case which is way out of my hands. John understands that.

"All I can do like many of his supporters, I suppose, is just hope he gets freed and can continue to play."

Hodgson had initially said: "I'm not prepared to discuss John It's a matter which is really, as far as I am concerned, working for the FA, sub judice.

"Everything I say can be misinterpreted. As far as I am concerned he has a case to answer with the FA and I'll wait and see what happens."

England manager Roy Hodgson has made the astonishing claim that he hopes the Football Association clears John Terry of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

Last month, Terry was found not guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence by Westminster Magistrates Court. However, since then, the FA have decided the Chelsea skipper has a case to answer under their own lesser burden of proof.

Hodgson has already declared an intention to select Terry unless he receives lengthy suspension and, when asked about his previous comments in an interview with Sky Sports News last Friday, he said: "I'm hoping, and I make no secret of that, the case will take its course, that John, hopefully, will be freed as he was freed in a court of law, and will carry on playing for England."

He added: "That's my hope.

"What will happen, I have no idea.

"As a member of the FA, it's a sub judice situation and I'm not prepared to say any more.

"I thought John did well in the Euros and I'd like to keep using him, but this is a case which is way out of my hands. John understands that.

"All I can do like many of his supporters, I suppose, is just hope he gets freed and can continue to play."

Hodgson had initially said: "I'm not prepared to discuss John It's a matter which is really, as far as I am concerned, working for the FA, sub judice.

"Everything I say can be misinterpreted. As far as I am concerned he has a case to answer with the FA and I'll wait and see what happens."

I hope, even more fervently than before, that the FA find Terry guilty and, for an encore, sack that cunting case-prejudicing stupid old fucker as well.

"Roy Hodgson says the Olympics is a 'wake-up call' for players and fans - we don't need that hatred and abuse which footballers have to suffer"

Fuck off you tedious old cunt. As long as you continue to open that dustbin you call a mouth you will get plenty of abuse, on this forum anyway.

Hodgson left the club 19 months ago. Let it go and move on.

"Roy Hodgson says the Olympics is a 'wake-up call' for players and fans - we don't need that hatred and abuse which footballers have to suffer"

Unless it's Olympic football in which case 'Team GB supporters' booing during the Uruguyan national anthem and hounding one of their players is all good healthy patriotic fun in keeping with the Olympian spirit.

Was reading this earlier:

Roy Hodgson's six month stewardship in quotes - LFChistory.net

Proper laugh out loud stuff.

These players have to accept responsibility. I accept responsibility for changing a lot of players in the team, I did it because I honestly thought the players I put on the field were good enough to win the game and they weren't. The obvious conclusion to that was I shouldn't have changed that many players but we should have been strong enough to get a result. We must all take our responsibility. I am just bitterly disappointed that the team I had so much faith in did not repay that faith this evening with the exception of one or two performances.

Then smash the lap top up stuff.

Player motivation, the Hodgson way -

23 December: “He's [Joe Cole] not so much a player I can take responsibility for.”

I was involved in the discussion with him, but the initiative and the desire to take Joe did come from the managing director perhaps more so than myself. I played my part in persuading him it was a good move, but I made it clear I couldn't promise him a certain position. He’s not so much a player I can take responsibility for. I’d have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than people like Poulsen, Meireles and Konchesky, who are players I was happy to bring to the club.

"What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team. So I find the question insulting. To suggest that, because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work, is very hard to believe."

He was on form on October 17:

17 October: "As good as we have played all season" (After the woeful loss to Everton)

That was as good as we have played all season, and I have no qualms with the performance whatsoever. I only hope fair-minded people will see it the same way.

17 October: “To get a result here would have been Utopia” (Also after the defeat to Everton)

To get a result here would have been Utopia. But I can only analyse the performance. There is no point trying to analyse dreams.

17 October: “Maybe it is just a bit of dust” (On the poor start to the season)

Like everyone else I get really immersed in the subject. I start looking through the eye of the microscope at the miniscule particles of dust, trying to see if there is an atom there. Maybe it is just a bit of dust.

Was reading this earlier:

Roy Hodgson's six month stewardship in quotes - LFChistory.net

Proper laugh out loud stuff.

Bloody hell, that brings back some horrible memories.

Somehow, this one must have got past me at the time:

27 November: “’Liverpool will get worse and worse’ is what he said”

Everyone I know in football respects the job I’m doing here and aren’t too surprised it hasn’t been an easy start. In fact, 95 per cent would have predicted it as [Jose] Mourinho did. ‘Liverpool will get worse and worse’ is what he said and if the great man Mourinho says it, I don’t know why you don’t quote him.

He knew we'd get worse because YOU were in charge, you hapless fucking clown.