You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I thought that to Code - Wondered when someone would notice what Woy's team are up to away from home right now. LOL They've become the virtual opposite of his Liverpool side which was OK(ish) at Home but just could Not win on the road - Now? They've lost what 8 (!!!!) Home games under Woyston & won 5 away games this season. That's probably as many away wins as he's had in the last 2 decades combined. Certainly more than his Truly Pitiful total (even in All competitions) with us. Looks like Woy Always ends up with at least one blind spot - If he sorts out the Home form? The away form goes to pot & if he cracks it away from home? His teams become Truly dire on Home soil.

Or maybe the Real Problem with Woy is? Perhaps he's just as we said Not a Very Good manager at all - Mind not that you'll Ever catch fans of any other side who All routinely crucified us for giving him the bullet last year admit anything like that. They wouldn't think of giving us the satisfaction of saying this but perhaps? Just maybe we Do understand Dear Old Woyston just a Little better than others gave us credit for? Like I said - They'll Never admit it mind. Not in a million years but we saw straight through him within months of his arrival & that is why he had to go - Now? He's just showing the world How right we really were......................

I wish Paddy Barclay would pipe up and tell those idiot West Brom fans how wrong they are about Woy. They need him to explain to them how lucky they are.

• 4 weeks later...

Bitter, owl faced prick.

Roy Hodgson: I was vilified by Liverpool press - ESPN Soccernet

West Brom manager Roy Hodgson believes he was never allowed to become a success during his time at Liverpool, because the local press did not want him in charge.

Hodgson master-minded a superb 1-0 win for West Brom over Chelsea on Saturday, adding to his already excellent reputation established in jobs across Europe. With the England job currently vacant, his name remains in the mix to lead the country to Euro 2012.

Operating in the opposite dugout at the Hawthorns was Andre Villas-Boas, the under-fire Chelsea manager who may not get to complete the season before being shown the Stamford Bridge exit door.

Hodgson suffered a similar fate at Liverpool, axed by the Merseysiders after a horror start to his reign that saw the Reds - for a period of time - hover close to the relegation zone. Asked to compare his situation to that of Villas-Boas, Hodgson confessed he never stood a chance at Liverpool because the locals wanted Kenny Dalglish.

"I don't think you can compare my time at Liverpool to Andre at Chelsea," Hodgson said. "But you can make comparisons if you want about the fact I was constantly vilified, in particular by the Liverpool press, because they wanted someone different in the job."

I saw a cringy interview yesterday , think it was football focus .............. blerting on about how he has broken some great statistical records whilst he has been at West Brom like ending their bad run of form against Wolves , amazing feat Roy ! .............. he was saying the next manager will have to do very well to beat some of his records after he leaves ...... Cringeworthy creep.

Guest alantkayll
Haha. True as well.

I'm doing an interview with Purslow shortly. The problem with people like you is that you are clueless to what went on inside the club during them times. You have no idea about how things went on. All Purslow is hated for is that Rafa was sacked.

But Purslow took the full blame for that when the whole board, yes the whole board agreed to a man Rafa had to go. Why did Ayre not take the shit? I'll tell you why, because he is very friendly with the top brass at SOS and they made sure Ayre took no flack and threw it on Purslow.

Yet Ayre was the one who phoned Hicks and told him those protesting were 'a little noise not to worry about'.

Like I say you have no idea about what went on at that time.

I'm doing an interview with Purslow shortly. The problem with people like you is that you are clueless to what went on inside the club during them times. You have no idea about how things went on. All Purslow is hated for is that Rafa was sacked.

But Purslow took the full blame for that when the whole board, yes the whole board agreed to a man Rafa had to go. Why did Ayre not take the shit? I'll tell you why, because he is very friendly with the top brass at SOS and they made sure Ayre took no flack and threw it on Purslow.

Yet Ayre was the one who phoned Hicks and told him those protesting were 'a little noise not to worry about'.

Like I say you have no idea about what went on at that time.

Why don't you tell us then?

Whenever I hear Woy speak i think about Shanks and that avaricious V bloody greedy quote as he always seems to bring in a totally unnecessary long word - yesterday it was 'we were in the ascendency' rather than 'we were on top' which is what most normal people would say.

Every time he speaks there is always at least one phrase like that i guarantee you - watch out for it!!