You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Most on here wanted change and accepted Roy on the basis that he wasn't Rafa. There were Roy avatars and salivating morons excited at the prospect of joey Cole in da hole. "I think we'll surprise a few people". No, we'll be unsurprisingly and spectacularly shit.

Most on here wanted change and accepted Roy on the basis that he wasn't Rafa. There were Roy avatars and salivating morons excited at the prospect of joey Cole in da hole. "I think we'll surprise a few people". No, we'll be unsurprisingly and spectacularly shit.

"Most" is a massive exaggeration. A tiny but vocal percentage perhaps. The polls were all hugely in favour of not appointing him at the time.

You've shown your hand here.

The Arsenal game was perfect for him. First home game of the season, so everyone's up for it - players and supporters- big game to boot, then we snatch a goal and have a man sent off - so there's not going to be any criticism of us being negative as it was a "backs to the wall job". There was also a fair bit of initial goodwill towards him as well, basically people actually wanting him to succeed - as should always be the case with any Liverpool manager. To be fair, it almost worked, we were only a mistake away from 3 points.

The realisation then set in that this was how this 'manager' wanted us to play, be it against Arsenal, Bolton, Blackburn or whoever - home or away. He's basically brought his small club/country mentality all the way to Anfield, and was convinced that although this was the biggest job he'd ever had, there was no need to change anything he'd always done.

The derby was the turning point for me. It was as bad a derby perfomance in my lifetime - 37 years - and his comments after it left me stunned: "to get a win here would've been Utopia", "Our best performance of the season". It was disgusting and pathetic.

Then the Northampton fiasco, were he threw a load of fringe players and kids in, then completely absolved himself of any blame. The final thing of note, during his reign was were he came out and again, completely absolved himself of any blame in relation to Joe Cole struggling. Now, I'm not and never was a fan of Cole - but the comments from his then manager made regarding him were appalling: "I never signed him, so it's not something I can take responsibility for". We already knew who had signed him - but that's some great man-management, right there.

Hodgson to Liverpool, was a media driven campaign, run by the likes of Samuel, Woolnough, Hayward etc, who were all desperate for an english manager to do well. They had no thought or interest in Liverpools' well-being, but the people who were running the club on a day-to-day basis didn't have the brains to see through it. They thought it'd make them popular, so went for the easy choice. Sacking a manager who had finished 7th is all very laudible, but replacing him with someone who's just had his best ever season - and finished below us, was ridiculous.

I don't really hate Hodgson - I just think he's ridiculous and the worst manager we've possibly ever had. I don't blame him for taking the job - who wouldn't ? The thing that annoys me is, he doesn't think any of it was his fault... Oh, and that he thought Paul Konchesky could play for us.

I'd quite like to forget the whole of 2010, with regard to supporting Liverpool, to be honest.

That's an excellent post, could somebody rep Ian on my behalf please.

"Most" is a massive exaggeration. A tiny but vocal percentage perhaps. The polls were all hugely in favour of not appointing him at the time.

You've shown your hand here.

There were very few people getting boners about Hodgson (at least re what they wrote) but there was a lot of pro Pellegrini talk

There were very few people getting boners about Hodgson (at least re what they wrote) but there was a lot of pro Pellegrini talk

Yes, I still think Pellegrini could have been a very decent choice. It's telling that he and Kenny both applied for the job and we got Roy. That's some massive incompetence by the previous regime.

true

I'm not sure it is bazza .

I had friends on both sides of Rafagate but all of them were underwhelmed with Hodgson's appointment but in the main said they would give him the benefit of the doubt & see how things went.

By December they all wanted Hodgson gone, but that was all his own doing.

I'd say it was 50/50 at the start, it certainly wasn't a small minority in his favour and a large majority against him.

I remember very well he had a lot of support at the start.

I remember many people prophesying doom and being shouted down. Just to note I wasn't one of them, I'd by lying if I said I was 100% convinced by him but nor did I think he would do so bad.

A 2 goal lead blown by the master organiser? Oh dear!

Fans not happy. Some of the comments have a scarily familiar feel.

his use of substitutions or lack of is a major concern

It's ultra boring and not even effective.

In 7 games he's utterly sapped my ability to enjoy Albion.

I'm not a happy-clapper by any means, but I think that Hodgson is mainly responsible for our lacklutre start to the season. Whether he will admit he's made a mistake and revert to 4231 is the $64,000 question.

A decent point, a semi-decent performance but.....

Guest The Chimp
Just been reading that West Bromwich Owl-bion forum. Feel sorry for the fuckers.

Funny how their comments almost exactly mirror our own. Or maybe it's them this time, seeing as it's never Woy's fault.

I would but I distinctly remember their fans having us all pegged as precious for wanting him out, and putting our antipathy down to us simply wanting Kenny back, rather than due to Hodgson's utter ineptitude. Ergo fuck 'em, the Slade-loving, four-stripe-jumper wearing meffs.

True.

But a man with six seasons, two trophies and a lot of good football is a lot more deserving of our time and attention I'd say.

Fuck, I feel slightly guilty when I gloat about Everton (and the odd United) misfortune but wishing ill on West Brom???

Put it this way, if I ever see this holocaust

AN AUDIENCE WITH ROY HODGSON

Roy-Hodgson-001.jpg

"I'm getting the word.....smint"

Get down to the Masque for a lip smacking, head slapping, face rubbing, jaw dropping experience!

Listen to the tales of greatness, like the wins at Trabzonspor and Bolton and er that's it.

There will also be a Q & A & L (question, answer, lynching)

All proceeds to the LMA Extremely Benevolent Fund

Your compere is Patrick Barclay.

then I'll agree it's the same.