You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

My blood pressure has just gone absolutely soaring through the roof yet again because of this ungracious con-artist. Yet again spouting off about Liverpool. He needs to know his role and shut his mouth:

"I would rather hope that, if I was ever going to be offered the England job, it would be with the backing of the important people," Hodgson said. "That would be the media, who represent the fans and, of course, the fans. Otherwise it's very difficult for anyone who takes the job because, even if you've got the competence and you are maybe the 'right person', you need to be perceived as the right person. And the perception of my Liverpool appointment was not right and, as a result, you end up paying for it."

West Brom manager Roy Hodgson admits interest in England job | Football | guardian.co.uk

WILL YOU SHUT UP?!

Stop making excuses and hold your hands up - you weren't good enough. Never have, was or will be. Every time he opens his mouth he makes me fly into an almost uncontrollable rage.

• Upvote 1

I reckon Roy would do OK with England.

He was really good for Fulham and did well with West Brom last season.

If he really thinks it was the fans and the press that conspired to make his time a failure here though he really is kidding himself.

He probably doesn't though, he'll know that it was the ownership situation, mistakes in the transfer market and inflexibility by himself. He's a clever fellow though and knows that criticising ownership does not lead to many job offers unless you are super shit hot results wise.

He's an idiot.

If results hadn't have been as dire as they were, he would have got the support of everybody.

As it was, he bought shit players, we played shit football and we got shit results - all of it down to him.

I hated the fact that the media portrayed his win over Kenny last season as some sort of Karma for us sacking him. The real Karma would have been us winning the game 5-0.

He's an idiot.

If results hadn't have been as dire as they were, he would have got the support of everybody.

As it was, he bought shit players, we played shit football and we got shit results - all of it down to him.

I hated the fact that the media portrayed his win over Kenny last season as some sort of Karma for us sacking him. The real Karma would have been us winning the game 5-0.

There's time for that to happen this season.

He also said yesterday:

“I think the fans would settle for us retaining our Premier League status.”

That sums him up perfectly. At a club where he can get away with saying things like that, he's fine.

Read more: Manchester United news Fergie empire growing stronger thanks to top-quality signings another year experience for young squad says Roy Hodgson West Brom boss - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Horrible man.

There's all sorts of shit I can take from people, but I never accept not taking any responsibility and blaming others for your fuck ups. And that's Roy Hodgson's most noticeable trait.

Despite all his other failings, if he would just man up to his mistakes and admit that his failure here was his own doing, I could forgive and forget. As it stands he's now one of the people I hate the most in football.