You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London looking like Mogadishu...

Salou

The first paragraph is the ultimate in hysteria, be interesting to see how many of the fourteen year old kids that have/will be arrested and have form for armed robbery, aggravated street robbery and the other heinous crime you mention.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | London's teenage victims of violence

BBC NEWS | UK | Timeline: London teen killings

Teenagers killed in London street violence this year | UK news | The Guardian

Interactive: Teenagers killed in London in 2010 | UK news | guardian.co.uk

There's fucking loads. I watch the local news everynight and walk past crimescenes every day.

I am unsure how you have determined that these people cannot be changed, their father, their unborn children. Is it by analysis of data or just watching how Rodney and his pops rolls round the block. Oh I forget you live around the block so it makes you an expert.

Obviously as a 'mentor' you're going to say that so you justify what you do. You still see kids getting stabbed at youth centres and the like and the people who do it have been brought up and live in a life of crime.

Maybe they have found some genetic gene, enlighten us! I agree there are a lot of young men who are hostile to the police, is it only people of colour who have this animosity?. Certainly not, you go round Huyton, Norris Green and you will see the same animosity towards the police an the famous chip on the shoulder. I agree about community policing as a good deterrent, in helping build good relationships in communities.

I'm not talking about white kids in Liverpool though. I'm talking about young Black males and their views towards the police in London.

If an area is full of rough people who hate the police it doesn't matter if they're black, blue, white, or purple. Liverpool is predominantly white bar a few areas, the areas that are under siege at the minute are predominantly black.

I'm not being racist by saying that. It's true.

You certainly do not get stopped for wearing baggy jeans and a hoodie, you get stopped for behaving in a suspicious manner. Rightly so, as well.

The two go hand in hand. I was talking about wearing a hoody in a suspicious manner, hood up in daylight and trying to conceal your identity.

I would say it is as much a class thing as a black thing, there are just proportionally more kids who are of colour that are poor. I somehow doubt the guys driving round in brand new bmws are doing the looting. I do agree there are many who are just looting who are opportunists, but what sort of society have we created that plays such a role.

It might well be a class thing. But I'm fucking sick of it being taboo that you can't mention when someone is black or the race card gets thrown out. Like you, you called me racist (with the daily mail jibe) but what was actually racist in what I said? I didn't say blacks should fuck off, I like them (that sounds comical) some of my best friends are black (that too).

But the fact of the matter is, the majority of the people kicking off other the last few days are young black males. What's wrong in saying that?

Why aren't I allowed to say the people are black? I haven't heard one news outlet say it yet.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIM have issued an apology for their technology being used in criminality. Their corporate nightmare is the brand becoming synonymous with drug dealing scum & suffering the same fate as Burberry. Apple must be rubbing their hands together at the thought of coming business sales

Given the BBM service is about to become the protester organisational tool of choice the world over, I imagine that secretly they're rubbing their hands. As for Apple, I suspect Steve Jobs is screaming at some underling about rushing out an Anarchy App.

It's like Saint Valentine's Day

At the sugar candy store

Where the barman lays

On the bloodstained floor

With all the wines

and the cocktails

He won't be serving anymore

To the swingers

And the roustabouts

And the carnivore queen

Who's looking for the 3 scrooges

Who are nowhere to be seen

And life's just a bowl of cherries

For the fruit machine

The taking of Peckham

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest

They robbed him blind,

then dumb

And then deaf

And they left him there bleeding

On the pavement to die

And he went to that

Great high-rise block in the sky

And the hands that do the dishes

Feel as soft as your face

Then they rob you of your pension

And they ransack your place

Still, you u try to forgive

Like the Babby Jesus did

Though it's so hard to be a saint

In the flats where you live

And you'll live there tomorrow

And the day that you die

when you'll go to that

Great high-rise block in the sky

And you'll meet the Babby Jesus

So you'll know you're in Heaven

And you'll get back the years

That you gave

In the taking of Peckham

Guest davelfc
Given the BBM service is about to become the protester organisational tool of choice the world over, I imagine that secretly they're rubbing their hands. As for Apple, I suspect Steve Jobs is screaming at some underling about rushing out an Anarchy App.

tiny_riot.jpg

Guest ShoePiss

Because a news source saying young black males taints an entire population which is unfair seeing as the vast majority of the young black male population aren't looting and attacking the Police.

Just calling them looters or rioters is sufficient surely?

Edited by ShoePiss

It'll kick off properly when it gets dark, and someone (rioter, police officer or 'innocent bystander') is going to get killed.

There, that's my prediction for the evening's 'entertainment'...

Oh, and davelfc's right - there is absolutely no way the army should get involved in this.

I was talking to a quite senior copper this morning who, having seen coverage of last night's activity, said he'd never seen riot police running away from rioters. He also said the Met have basically let this run its course so far, but that a change of tactic will not be long in coming.

They've got plenty left in the locker yet, but the Met have recently come in for huge criticism, and rightly so - they're not about to set themselves up for another fall by going in all guns blazing (excuse the pun).

Whoever it was who said they're waiting until the public are clamouring for them to go in and crack some heads has got it pretty much bang on.

Do (some) people seriously think that everything was hunky dory on Friday but after the shooting things have taken a turn for the worse?

This has been a slow burning keg for years, and Tottenham is just one of many areas throughout the country that could have kicked off, this isn't some spurious excuse to get the christmas clobber in a bit early! Looters are cunts, but they come after the rioting, the rioting tends to occur because of years and years of pent up anger at the establishment, police corruption in many forms, and numerous economic factors.

And as for calling for the police to go in harder! Jesus, do you ever think enough to realise it never stops here, the next time they are going in hard is when it is a simple protest, and next thing you know they are dragging disablbed men out of wheelchairs and pulling them across the road.

Guest davelfc
I haven't seen one fire engine yet. That building next to Greggs has been shiting out fire for a good ten minutes and there's nobody putting it out. Those steak bakes are gonna be fucked.

If the fires continue they may have to consider calling in help with putting them out. Although they sold off all of the green goddesses, they have apparently got more modern equipment in reserve.

I don't think they can sit back much longer and watch buildings burn down.

And as for calling for the police to go in harder! Jesus, do you ever think enough to realise it never stops here, the next time they are going in hard is when it is a simple protest, and next thing you know they are dragging disablbed men out of wheelchairs and pulling them across the road.

So you just let them carry on?

Get to fuck, hippy.

Guest davelfc
Ooh, fire engine has turned up now.

Although the firemen are hardly busting a gut, are they?

Middle of snooker season isn't it? Already fears they may have to postpone the start of the pool league.

Guest davelfc
So Mr Cameron, are you going to come back from your holiday now?

Where is he this time? With Rupert again?

Oh, and they must be delighted with all this publicity in the run-up to next year's Olympics...

I don't really see what the posh tosser can do actually.