You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London looking like Mogadishu...

Salou

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect the police to come in hard tomorrow. Some sort of curfew, extra numbers, tear gas, maybe rubber bullets. Order needs to be restored as it is getting ridiculous.

There will be lots of time for discussion and lessons to be learned in the days and weeks to come, but first and foremost sanity needs to be regained.

Well theres is too many too arrest.

Where would you send them Simon and who exactly would you banish?

If you are thinking about sending them to Svalbard then fair enough, 3500 polar bears would welcome them with open arms.

Removing police powers etc.

Are you for real? More new offences on the statute book than any other government in history. Many changes in the rules of evidence favouring the Prosecution. The draconian proceeds of crime and anti-terrorist legislation and police powers there under.

Guest Jon Snow

We are all to blame for this, me, you, everyone. We are the ones who keep standing by and letting government after government after government, fuck the UK up, then all of you start crying about how the product of our ignorance is out in the streets running amok. We IE society are to blame, so before calling these youths cunts, thugs, idiots look at your selves as the cunts because we are all cunts for letting our country get in this state.

How is anything going to improve in the uk, when the government won't accept the real reasons why youths are out on the streets burning things. Income disparity, police aggression, Tax breaks for the rich and lack of jobs for the poor.

Until they address these real problems, it will never end. Also way things are going I would think this is only the start. Because locking them up and calling them thugs, will only turn them into professional criminals and then we are all totally fucked.

Guest Jon Snow

Also like to point out everyone ridiculed me yesterday for my post saying the police shot that guy and tried to cover it up, well its now been proven as police have said the guy who was shot never fired at them. Smell like a cover up ? changing their stories so quick ?

Guest davelfc
I expect the police to come in hard tomorrow. Some sort of curfew, extra numbers, tear gas, maybe rubber bullets. Order needs to be restored as it is getting ridiculous.

There will be lots of time for discussion and lessons to be learned in the days and weeks to come, but first and foremost sanity needs to be regained.

Here we go again.

What good will baton rounds do? Possibly kill a few of them.

These aren't normal riots, it's sporadic looting which calls for a completely different type of control. I'd set up a holding area, the cells are full. I'd have a curfew and arrest on sight and detain.

Water cannons will work in areas where there are crowds, gas might be useful but in all the reports I've seen it's often the case that they strike when there are no police around and by the time numbers have increased they've done the damage.