You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London looking like Mogadishu...

Salou

Don't be daft. These kids aren't fighting for me or my views. Go and have a wank or something.

Anyway, off on Wednesday to Bermondsay for band rehearsals. Should be fun but although I don't expect to see anything but it'll be a bitch if the Tube service is restricted.

Yeah yeah. Go and pull your banjo strings. Fucking rehearsals.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if not a degree of force Dennis, what's the answer?

I can appreciate the underlying concerns of the youth of today. However, these youths on the street are not voicing a political ideal. People on the streets in Damascus are. People on the streets of Tehran and Shiraz were. People on the streets of Tripoli were.

These people are nothing more than violent thugs and they deserve everything they get. Do they care if anybody gets hurt in the fires that they irresponsibly light? Do they fuck. Thugs of the highest order.

Ken just seemed intent on scoring political points as the presenter pointed out.

Blaming the Tories for this problem, completely ignoring the fact that these rioters/looters are a product of the Labour years...

You're accusing Ken Livingstone of defending New Labour?

I guess you must think these "young black lads" are born into it. Maybe in the blood so to speak.

Call me a lentil scoffing left-winger, but I reckon it might be a little more complicated than that. Even if any of these people wanted to escape to something better, they are finding all routes blocked with EMA being scrapped, uni fees now beyond most people, youth centers being closed as well as charities concerned with helping the less fortunate in society better themselves and finding employment due to government grants being scrapped. And the job market is hardly looking up.

I know you probably think these people are savages and don't think at this level with their only concern being where they can nick a pair or trainers or a new flat screen, but they know what is going on. And if they don't they will have heard it discussed by people who do - they don't live in a bubble.

These people have been looking for an excuse, and its now been handed to them.

There was one of these lads interviewed on 5 live this morning complaining that the government are cutting his benefit and closing the youth club where he goes. (he was 26). He said that if the government won't provide for him he is sick of it and is going to go out and take it. Asked why he doesn't get a job he said he has depression.

Fucking unreal.

Shoot the cunts.

Guest davelfc
1981 all over again. Copycat riots will probably begin sporadically appearing in areas of social deprivation.

Although I'm guessing near shops selling high end electrical items.

So, if not a degree of force Dennis, what's the answer?

I can appreciate the underlying concerns of the youth of today. However, these youths on the street are not voicing a political ideal. People on the streets in Damascus are. People on the streets of Tehran and Shiraz were. People on the streets of Tripoli were.

These people are nothing more than violent thugs and they deserve everything they get. Do they care if anybody gets hurt in the fires that they irresponsibly light? Do they fuck. Thugs of the highest order.

Thugs? Y are you calling them thugs? Based on what?

THUG? As in The Hurt U Give?

They are voicing a political view in the best means available to them. These are the leaders not the toffs.

Yeah yeah. Go and pull your banjo strings. Fucking rehearsals.

Wish I did play the banjo actually....

Why the fuck would I go out rioting for the sake of it? Why would i suddenly go out and start acting the Cunt. Why aren't you our there instead of sitting behind your computer dishing out drunken abuse.

Go out there and set fire to things if you believe in it so much. You're more the fool than me, sat at home acting the tit but calling the rest of us cunts.

You Childish Idiot.

Out of interest, for those who think socio-economic conditions have nothing to do with it, why do you reckon we never see riots in Bath, Cambridge or York? Are the people of Bath genetically predisposed to having a peaceful nature? Or have they learned to better control their emotions? Like Mr Spock?

Fuck rubber bullets, use live rounds.

I bet we don't miss any of them, including that cunt duggan.

These cunts aren't going to contribute fuck all to society any way other then breeding other little cunts who then claim benefit like Daddy and Mummy

I'd love to get stuck into this discussion as I think it's been a good thread, for the most part, so far but I'm "working" on some uni stuff.

However, I just can't believe the amount of people I've spoken to, on Facebook and on here that see no correlation between what's happening and the breakdown of society into what has become a self-centred, money grabbing shambles. I'm not particularly excusing the riots but actions have consequences, and 20 years of being served shit whilst those at the top ascend into further gluttony has left a nasty taste in the mouth. It doesn't just manifest itself by means of people thinking 'I don't have a job, I know I'll steal some stuff' but through continuous degradation of the system that is supposed to nurture and support people leading to a breakdown in morals and codes.

This isn't a one-off riot for no reason, it's a reaction to the situation so many disillusioned people find themselves in. Some of you have made remarks about this being the work of black youths, if you think that then ask yourself why its them? Is it because they're at the bottom of the pile, in the sections of society that have little hope and yet have to endure those gobshites running the country telling us we're all in it together.

Fuck that shit, people are angry. It was said that there would be riots when the Tories came to power, who knew it would take less than 18 months.