You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What the fuck is up with me im getting serious cravings for milk

Guest simon

Guest davelfc
I like the tatste too and I miss cheese like fucking crazy, but the more I read about dairy the more I want to cut it out. Fucking hard though, it's in everything.

If you read everything about what we eat then you would eat nothing. I've seen some stuff about how we shouldn't eat dairy, but there's much worse out there that we do eat on a regular basis.

I don't think I could do without a little milk in my tea and coffee. Although I'll admit I drink very little of the stuff, I prefer cold water.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milk exists for the sole purpose of encouraging cells in baby cows to grow. Putting it into an adult human body seems completely mental to me.

If you extended this kind of logic, you would never eat anything. Eggs are for growing baby chickens. Meat is for animals to move around in. Salads are for converting sunlight to energy. Strange way of thinking.

The fact that many of the human race have developed genes specifically enabling them to digest lactose suggests there was an evolutionary advantage in drinking milk at some stage.

The amount Simon is drinking does sound a little abnormal though.

Guest davelfc

'Simon' and 'abnormal' in the same sentence, I never thought I would see the day.

Now when he starts to do normal stuff, that's when I'm going to panic.

I like the tatste too and I miss cheese like fucking crazy, but the more I read about dairy the more I want to cut it out. Fucking hard though, it's in everything.

Pretty much the same. I try to use oat milk in porridge but if I'm having crunchy nuts or similar it ends up as normal milk.

If you extended this kind of logic, you would never eat anything. Eggs are for growing baby chickens. Meat is for animals to move around in. Salads are for converting sunlight to energy. Strange way of thinking.

The fact that many of the human race have developed genes specifically for enabling them to digest lactose suggests there was an evolutionary advantage in drinking milk at some stage.

The thing is we dont digest mill to well. We have adapted to tolerate it nothing more.

Guest davelfc
Pretty much the same. I try to use oat milk in porridge but if I'm having crunchy nuts or similar it ends up as normal milk.

You mean?

Kelloggs_Crunchy_Nut_Cornflakes_500g.jpg&w=200&h=200

because I'm not seeing how milk is the evil thing here...

Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes (Maize, Brown Sugar {Sugar, Molasses}, Peanuts {6%}, Sugar, Honey {1.5%}, Barley Malt Flavouring, Salt, Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12), Caramel Flavour Peanut Clusters (10%)(White Chocolate {Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Lactose (from milk), Skimmed Milk Powder, Emulsifier [soy Lecithin], Flavouring}, Peanuts {2%}, Crisp Rice {Rice Flour, Sugar, Dextrose, Salt, Raising Agent [Calcium Carbonate], Vegetable Oil, Emulsifier [soy Lecithin]}, Sugar, Milk Chocolate {Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Cocoa Mass, Milk Whey Powder, Lactose (from milk), Emulsifier [soy Lecithin], Flavouring]}, Glazing Agent {Gum Arabic}, Salt, Flavouring, Colour {Caramel E150c}, Emulsifier {Soy Lecithin}), Almonds (6%), Pecans (2%).

The fact that many of the human race have developed genes specifically enabling them to digest lactose suggests there was an evolutionary advantage in drinking milk at some stage.

Not really. Vegatables don't contain hormones designed to encourage the cell growth of a different species. Milk does.

The thing is we dont digest mill to well. We have adapted to tolerate it nothing more.

I don't seem to have any problems, but many people are lactose intolerant. The rest of us produce lactase into adult life, which exists to break down lactose. That's not tolerating it, that's using it to gain some benefit, just like when a child drinks breast milk. I can understand why people might stop taking milk if they have digestive problems, but otherwise what's the big deal?

You mean?

because I'm not seeing how milk is the evil thing here...

Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes (Maize, Brown Sugar {Sugar, Molasses}, Peanuts {6%}, Sugar, Honey {1.5%}, Barley Malt Flavouring, Salt, Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12), Caramel Flavour Peanut Clusters (10%)(White Chocolate {Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Lactose (from milk), Skimmed Milk Powder, Emulsifier [soy Lecithin], Flavouring}, Peanuts {2%}, Crisp Rice {Rice Flour, Sugar, Dextrose, Salt, Raising Agent [Calcium Carbonate], Vegetable Oil, Emulsifier [soy Lecithin]}, Sugar, Milk Chocolate {Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Cocoa Mass, Milk Whey Powder, Lactose (from milk), Emulsifier [soy Lecithin], Flavouring]}, Glazing Agent {Gum Arabic}, Salt, Flavouring, Colour {Caramel E150c}, Emulsifier {Soy Lecithin}), Almonds (6%), Pecans (2%).

Yes I mean them nasty things. Don't pretend they are not great now and again.

Guest davelfc
Yes I mean them nasty things. Don't pretend they are not great now and again.

Exactly, like everything.

I don't see the downer on milk, it this a new fad?

I mean alcohol, that's a poison that has no benefit really on the body. High-fructose corn syrup, that replaced sugar (mainly in the states) is very bad, does the body no good at all.

Milk isn't going to kill us, we eat and drink all sorts of weird and wonderful things that we enjoy in moderation.

Guest davelfc
It won't do you too much harm bit it's not great either, same as most things. Wheat and fructose are much worse. Having said that the amount Simon is drinking can't be good.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

Because if he cuts down and then his thread go more and more normal.......

I'm not going to stop taking it unless there's a specific problem it's causing. Not trying to be funny, you're welcome not to take milk, but I don't see a reason for me to stop.

I don't particularly care if you do or don't stop drinking it. I'm not telling others to stop.