You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is yor favourite serial killer?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is yor favourite serial killer?

• Zodiac
    • Andrei Chikatilo
    • Jack The Ripper
    • The Yorkshire Ripper
    • Fred West
    • David Berkowitz- Son Of Sam
    • Jeffrey Dahmer
    • John Wayne Gacy
    • Ted Bundy
    • Richard Ramirez - The Night Stalker
    • The Boston Strangler
    • Charles Starkweather
    • Henry Lee Lucas
    • Denis Nilsen
    • Harold Shipman
    • Gilles De Rais
    • Herman Mudgett
    • Ed Gein
    • Pedro Lopez
    • Other

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Fair play. That’s some sterling work.

I watched a video one of the guys made on it. It was written with the first letter being one down and two across and it continued all the way to the end like that. Not sure what he did to write the last letters. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, Bjornebye said:

Just finished Night Stalker on Netflix. Fuck me that Richard Ramirez is up there isn't he? Evil weird sick cunt. 

I was glad they focussed on the victims and the cops (not that they really did an awful lot, save find shoe prints here and there...), Ramirez really creeps me out.

Humanity.

By the time of the trial, Ramirez had fans who were writing him letters and paying him visits.[120] Beginning in 1985, Doreen Lioy[121]wrote him nearly 75 letters during his incarceration. In 1988, Ramirez proposed to Lioy, and on October 3, 1996, they were married in California's San Quentin State Prison.[122] For many years before Ramirez's death, Lioy stated that she would commit suicide when Ramirez was executed. However, Lioy eventually left Ramirez in 2009 after DNA confirmed he had raped and murdered 9-year-old Mei Leung.[123] By the time of his death in 2013, Ramirez was engaged to Christine Lee, a 23-year-old writer.[

On 27/03/2019 at 13:38, Stickman said:

Watched that last night absolutely appalling the way the women who were murdered were treated.

Well that was till the Ripper killed Jayne McDonald who according to the police was an "innocent victim"...

I guess it doesn't matter if it's West (who were the force investigating the Ripper) or South Yorkshire police involved they are still a gang of horrible incompetent cunts 

I read a book years ago written by the son of the first victim. It really brings it home the effect it had on one family let alone all the other families. I think he had 3 siblings and none of them had a good life, alcoholism, prison all sorts.

He also said every time there was a new victim the papers would put up the pictures of all the victims and, of course, his mum being the first one, it happened again and again. Shocking.

Just blitzed through night stalker and the Yorkshire ripper documentaries. Compelling and harrowing in equal measure. Had no idea about the stories of either, the fucking incompetence of the police was outrageous in the Ripper story. 

Why are serial killer stories so fascinating? Evasion from the law and the path to their eventual capture, I guess.