You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is yor favourite serial killer?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is yor favourite serial killer?

• Zodiac
    • Andrei Chikatilo
    • Jack The Ripper
    • The Yorkshire Ripper
    • Fred West
    • David Berkowitz- Son Of Sam
    • Jeffrey Dahmer
    • John Wayne Gacy
    • Ted Bundy
    • Richard Ramirez - The Night Stalker
    • The Boston Strangler
    • Charles Starkweather
    • Henry Lee Lucas
    • Denis Nilsen
    • Harold Shipman
    • Gilles De Rais
    • Herman Mudgett
    • Ed Gein
    • Pedro Lopez
    • Other

OK, we've all got a favourite serial killer.

I think mine is probably Zodiac. Why?

1) He was never caught

2) He had a cool outfit and name

3) He taunted police and newspapers with really weird coded letters and postcards

4) I get the feeling he had a sense of humour

5) He was the basis for the Scorpio character in Dirty Harry

• Downvote 1

I'm ready a great book on Tommy "Karate" Pitera. Total loon, great read though.

He was a capo in the Bonnanos and a mob hitman. Sick fucker would get in the bath naked with his victims and chop them up.

Isn't that just so that he wouldn't get blood all over the place, and all over his clothes?

To a point yes but by all accounts he enjoyed it and kept some woman's head in the freezer of his apartment for a long time, rumoured to have done things with it aswell. He was feared by everyone as he was a nut who enjoyed what he did.

To a point yes but by all accounts he enjoyed it and kept some woman's head in the freezer of his apartment for a long time, rumoured to have done things with it aswell. He was feared by everyone as he was a nut who enjoyed what he did.

That's why I could never be a proper serial killer. I'm quite squeamish.

Although I suppose Shipman's method would be OK, but somehow it just feels like cheating and not really proper serial killer behaviour.

Ted Bundy.

High kill count in 4 years, drove a Beetle, self proclaimed 'most cold hearted son of a bitch you'll ever meet', escaped from prison, defended himself in court, got married in court while questioning an old colleague, got the electric chair.

I know all these mafia people might technically be serial killers, but in my head I totally seperate them from the likes of Bundy, Gein et al. They aren't going round cutting up blonde prostitutes because they remind them of their mum, or raping and killing random young men because they were abused as a kid. I don't doubt they are sociopaths who enjoy killing, but I put them in a different category.

Ted Bundy for me as well. One suave, handsome, bad motherfucker.

In the spring of 1986 Bundy confessed to Hagmaier and Nelson what they believed was the full range of his depredations, including details of what he did to some victims after their deaths. He told them that he revisited Taylor Mountain, Issaquah, and other secondary crime scenes, often several times, to lie with his victims and perform sexual acts with their decomposing bodies until putrefaction forced him to stop. In some cases he drove several hours each way and remained the entire night. In Utah he applied makeup to Melissa Smith's lifeless face, and he repeatedly washed Laura Aime's hair. "If you've got time," he told Hagmaier, "they can be anything you want them to be." He confirmed long-held suspicions that he decapitated some of his victims with a hacksaw, and kept at least one group of severed heads—probably the four later found on Taylor Mountain (Rancourt, Parks, Ball, and Healy)—in his apartment for a period of time before disposing of them.

Was it Ed Gein who made a lampshade from human skin? The Llewelyn Bowen of necrophiliacs. Got to admire his eye for the creative.

Yes indeed. I seem to recall some band doing a song inspired by Ed called "Nipple Belt" or sommat.

Top-notch educationally subnormal redneck serial killing.

Excellent choice

Guest TK-421
He just copied our Dennis Nilsen. Typical Yank.

He improved upon a tried and trusted formula and put his own stamp on it. And he tried to make a real zombie, which is cool.

Was it Ed Gein who made a lampshade from human skin? The Llewelyn Bowen of necrophiliacs. Got to admire his eye for the creative.

Ed Gein gets a bit of a bad press. He only killed two people, and was only tried for one murder. Apparently never fucked a corpse, too. (Not that that goes towards improving his totally fucked up character.)

Guest TK-421
Yes indeed. I seem to recall some band doing a song inspired by Ed called "Nipple Belt" or sommat.

Top-notch educationally subnormal redneck serial killing.

Excellent choice

Nipple Belt is by TAD and it is a fine piece of work.

When my kids were little I used to tell them bedtime stories about Fred West so they would learn what happens to naughty children. They've been well behaved ever since!

Fred for his services to child rearing...it's a disgrace that he never got the MBE he so richly deserved.

When my kids were little I used to tell them bedtime stories about Fred West so they would learn what happens to naughty children. They've been well behaved ever since!

Fred for his services to child rearing...it's a disgrace that he never got the MBE he so richly deserved.

"You'll get arse-fucked by Rose's massive dildo "Cunt-buster" and then murdered.

Night night"

Roy DeMeo and his crew, may be a mobster but he and his crew killed up to a 100 people in ten years using what is known as the "Gemini Method" because most of the killings took place in an apartment above a club DeMeo owned called The Gemini Lounge. DeMeo was Made Man in the Gambino family working under Anthony Gaggi (capo) and he and his crew were the main source for the family when they wanted a body to disappear. The crew was also so frightening John Gotti struggled to find anyone to kill DeMeo when it was his time to go, instead he had to resort to using DeMeo's own crew. Roy DeMeo also taught everyone in his crew about killing and making bodies disappear, sometimes he would even use some victims as experiments for new methods of dismembering.

The Gemini Method: They'd lure their victims to the apartment with some sort of excuse e.g buying a car or talk about business. They'd have the victim walk down a dark hall with DeMeo (or someone else) behind them and at some point Chris Rosenberg (DeMeo's right hand) would jump out in his underwear and stab the victim in the heart to stop blood movement and then DeMeo (or whoever) would shoot the victim in the head with a suppressed pistol and then cover it with a towel to stop blood from going on the floor. Then they'd drag the body to a bathtub and slit the throat and wrists and let the body bleed out. While they waited they would sit watching TV and order a pizza, 45 minutes later they'd dismember the body and take it to the Brooklyn dump, the biggest dump in NYC.

Countess Elizabeth Bathory. Confirmed to have killed 80, rumoured to be as many as 650. When threatened with arrest she murdered the "police" sent to see her, told the King that she'd call in his debts, got let off and then carried on as before. Legend has it that she bathed in the blood of young girls and she is the inspiration for every lesbian vampire scene ever filmed.

Beat that