You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hearts really do make Newcastle look like a well run, stable club.

That Romanov's a nutter. He's sacked Jim Jeffries and it's the 1st August.

BBC Sport - Jim Jefferies removed from job as Hearts manager

Jim Jefferies has been removed from his job as Hearts manager, the Tynecastle club said.

The 60-year-old, who made more than 300 appearances for the club in his playing days, had been in charge for just over 18 months.

Jefferies has been offered a director of football role which a club spokesman said he is considering.

It was his second spell as boss, having previously managed the club between 1995 and 2000.

Hearts' first-team squad are understood to have been told the news by majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov at the club on Monday afternoon.

The positions of assistant Billy Brown and first-team coach Gary Locke thought to be under review.

Hearts were beaten 1-0 by Dundee United in their first home game of the campaign on Sunday, having started the season with a pair of 1-1 draws - at Rangers in the SPL and at Paksi in the Europa League.

Romanov's seven-year tenure at Tynecastle has been littered with managerial casualties including John Robertson, George Burley, Graham Rix, Valdas Ivanauskas and Anatoliy Korobochka.

Jefferies was appointed boss at Hearts for the second time on 29 January, 2010, after the departure earlier that day of Csaba Laszlo and led the club to third place in the SPL last season.

Yeah, with Burley I think. Romanov is nuts and will run that club into the ground. Expect one of his mates to get the job again.

Correct. They were top (or very close to the top) when he sacked him and they've never been anywhere near close since.

The way the club defended the kiddie fiddler in the summer was an embarrassment and if I was a Hearts fan I'd have been mortified.

Hmmm Hearts have only won one of their last 14 League games and have potentially massive Europa League qualifiers on the horizon. I agree, in the past Romanov has shown signs of rabid megalomania but in this instance I think most Hearts fans recognise that altho Jim Jefferies is a great motivator and can spot a player, he's not great tactically. A point borne out by the fact that Romanov has offered Jefferies the role of Director of Football where he'd be in charge of pinpointing players.

Making new friends...

Romanov rants at 'fools and idiots' | Evening Echo

Romanov rants at 'fools and idiots'

8/3/2011 - 11:43:00 AM

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov today attacked “fools and idiots” after defending his decision to remove Jim Jefferies as manager.

Jefferies left Hearts yesterday after rejecting Romanov’s offer to become director of football, with Paulo Sergio appointed his successor as boss.

Hearts finished third in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League last term, but the club are without a win in 11 games, a run which was unacceptable to Romanov.

The Lithuanian businessman told Hearts’ website, heartsfc.co.uk: “Judging by the pre-planned squeals the media monkeys are making, Hearts has hit the point with the move.

“I believe that with only one competitive win in 15 games, only fools and idiots would not raise questions and suspicions.

“I now understand why Scotland is in 61st place in FIFA rankings behind such poor football countries like Lithuania, Albania and Gabon.”

Correct. They were top (or very close to the top) when he sacked him and they've never been anywhere near close since.

The way the club defended the kiddie fiddler in the summer was an embarrassment and if I was a Hearts fan I'd have been mortified.

Im a Hearts fan and yeah we were top of the league, won our first 8 games and Burley was sacked the morning of a league game against Dunfermline, in the end we finished 2nd that season and won the Scottish Cup