You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shift work and Nights.

lifetime fan

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

Hahahaha. I like a good moan too. Usually when delivery drivers turn up as my arse touches the seat with a brew.

This x1000

Fucking pricks the lot of them

I normally get back from one, sit down and another turns up. 

Luckily now i can tell them all to piss off if they turn up before 4:30, though im leaving in two weeks so couldn't care less anymore

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Back in for my last run of shifts. 

They think im actually going to properly train my replacement, they can fuck off. Ill show him the basics nothing else. 

Already had a shitty call from one of the managers who's got the arse because i want go and see if one of the guards is ill. The normal guard says the guys he's training stinks, he also coughing and splutter so he's sent him to another room. I said im going nowhere near him if he's sick. She's thrown another hissy fit(thats what led to 4 of us walking, not letting some two bit office cunt talk to us like a bit of shit). The guy has turned up here, doesn't have enough money to get home to Central London in morning and is on next 3 nights. Oh and he's been working in a covid centre 

Anyway, last night is Friday so i don't give two shits

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They think im actually going to properly train my replacement, they can fuck off. Ill show him the basics nothing else. 

Already had a shitty call from one of the managers who's got the arse because i want go and see if one of the guards is ill. The normal guard says the guys he's training stinks, he also coughing and splutter so he's sent him to another room. I said im going nowhere near him if he's sick. She's thrown another hissy fit(thats what led to 4 of us walking, not letting some two bit office cunt talk to us like a bit of shit). The guy has turned up here, doesn't have enough money to get home to Central London in morning and is on next 3 nights. Oh and he's been working in a covid centre 

Stay well clear mate and just keep your head down. 

Fuck them. 

47 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

You must have a COVID risk assessment. Follow it and tell them to get fucked.

Got this a few hours ago

Please receive this email as my formal notification logging my concerns regarding your behaviours and attitude tonight, 14/09/21 whilst conducting your duties on the night shift at ******

Your responses to both myself, as your Regional Manager, and the situation regarding the Agency Officer X on site was neither acceptable nor as expected from an *** employee.

You displayed unhelpful, obstructive, disrespectful and obtuse behaviours.

I realise that these are the last few shifts of your notice period and I would invite you to serve the rest of your notice period professionally and with respect to myself, your colleagues and the Agency Officers that have been assigned to you for training.

I will be placing this notification as a file note on your personnel file.

Hi Nicki

I do not accept anything you have written above. 
You were contacted by a member of staff about the potential covid issue of a relief member of staff, you told me to see if he was sick so i informed you i didn't understand what you wanted me to do. I refused to go in close contact with him as I am a Type 1 Diabetic and though I could have isolated and stayed off work for many months over the last 2 years I chose to work with the knowledge I have little contact with anyone as I worked alone on the night shift. I was and am not willing to put my health at risk by going into close contact with an individual who has been coughing and spluttering since he arrived on site and is possibly sick. You have accused me of being disrespectful but you also ended our phone call by telling me " I am 97 miles away, Thanks for your help" before cutting off the phone. 

**** will have finished the last parts of the training he needs for night supervisor duties by the end of tonight(15/9/21) as I will have shown him the paperwork and how to activate cards. He will be ready to do the job as needed from Thursday night. 

Please advise the day supervisor if you require me on site for Thurs/Friday(a fully trained officer will be on site Friday night) as I do not see any point in us continuing our working relationship any longer than necessary. 

Regards
Lee Gardiner

What a shit way to end 18 years on the same site

Complete fucking cunts
  • Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That's really good Lee , but I'd have been tempted to leave the last couple of sentences out.

Nah fuck off the pleasantries now you have the next role lined up. How many chances in your working life do you actually get the chance to say what you really think? 

On 15/09/2021 at 03:35, Lee909 said:

Got this a few hours ago

Please receive this email as my formal notification logging my concerns regarding your behaviours and attitude tonight, 14/09/21 whilst conducting your duties on the night shift at ******

Your responses to both myself, as your Regional Manager, and the situation regarding the Agency Officer X on site was neither acceptable nor as expected from an *** employee.

You displayed unhelpful, obstructive, disrespectful and obtuse behaviours.

I realise that these are the last few shifts of your notice period and I would invite you to serve the rest of your notice period professionally and with respect to myself, your colleagues and the Agency Officers that have been assigned to you for training.

I will be placing this notification as a file note on your personnel file.

Hi Nicki

I do not accept anything you have written above. 
You were contacted by a member of staff about the potential covid issue of a relief member of staff, you told me to see if he was sick so i informed you i didn't understand what you wanted me to do. I refused to go in close contact with him as I am a Type 1 Diabetic and though I could have isolated and stayed off work for many months over the last 2 years I chose to work with the knowledge I have little contact with anyone as I worked alone on the night shift. I was and am not willing to put my health at risk by going into close contact with an individual who has been coughing and spluttering since he arrived on site and is possibly sick. You have accused me of being disrespectful but you also ended our phone call by telling me " I am 97 miles away, Thanks for your help" before cutting off the phone. 

**** will have finished the last parts of the training he needs for night supervisor duties by the end of tonight(15/9/21) as I will have shown him the paperwork and how to activate cards. He will be ready to do the job as needed from Thursday night. 

Please advise the day supervisor if you require me on site for Thurs/Friday(a fully trained officer will be on site Friday night) as I do not see any point in us continuing our working relationship any longer than necessary. 

Regards
Lee Gardiner

What a shit way to end 18 years on the same site

Complete fucking cunts

Beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

Working Monday to Friday is fucking shit. 

Constantly knackered all week, want to spend all day Saturday sleeping and can’t even get pissed on a Sunday as have to be up 6 o’clock Monday morning. 

In bed by 10 o’clock each night and my sex drive has disappeared. 

I feel like Tony in Men Behaving Badly when he becomes a postman.

• 1 year later...

Still been doing shift work the past 4 years but with my current role, the time off benefits were completely negated by ridiculous standby processes. For 1 or 2 of my 4 days off I'd need to be on standby in case someone is sick or on AL. After we got bought by a bigger company we got a decent holiday allocation (9 extra days a year) which is fucking great. The shit part though is you get almost double the standbys activated. For the past 2 years I have had to do 20-25 mandatory standbys a year (12 hour shifts) and they saw no problem with it as they pay me for them. 

Anyway, long boring story short I have got a new job at the Open University on the same money but no standbys. 30 fucking days holiday plus Bank Holidays and Christmas off. This is more like it. 

Very much amused at the prospect of what my current job may try and tempt me to stay with. That conversation will be happening later. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Still been doing shift work the past 4 years but with my current role, the time off benefits were completely negated by ridiculous standby processes. For 1 or 2 of my 4 days off I'd need to be on standby in case someone is sick or on AL. After we got bought by a bigger company we got a decent holiday allocation (9 extra days a year) which is fucking great. The shit part though is you get almost double the standbys activated. For the past 2 years I have had to do 20-25 mandatory standbys a year (12 hour shifts) and they saw no problem with it as they pay me for them. 

Anyway, long boring story short I have got a new job at the Open University on the same money but no standbys. 30 fucking days holiday plus Bank Holidays and Christmas off. This is more like it. 

Very much amused at the prospect of what my current job may try and tempt me to stay with. That conversation will be happening later. 

Go on Zeb.

Get some, get some. 

7 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Loved shift work until I was 40. The extra pay was great and the time off doing continentals was awesome.

Nowadays I realise it has a severe effect on personal health and won't ever choose to do it again no matter how well it pays.

Takes years off your life,apparently. I only did the odd week or few days and hated it.

• Upvote 1